• Published 24th Nov 2013
  • 335 Views, 3 Comments

Do you believe in Magic? - Toshiro121



A pony gets transported into WW3, and gets involved with a mission to save the world from nuclear extinction.

  • ...
7
 3
 335

Prologue: Keep it Brief

Present day
**/**/2024
Undisclosed location

"I'm not gonna say it again. Drop your weapon on the ground, now!" Oz shouted.

"Do you think that I will do as you say, just because you have superiority? I think not." Colonel Kurochnik said, lifting his gun. "I will do what ever it takes to make sure that you american scum do not gain the upper hand in this war, even if it means destroying the greatest discovery in history!" He aimed his gun.

"NO!" Boombox screamed.

A single shot was fired.

**** days before present day
11/10/2024, 1100 hours
Join Strike Force (JSF) Command, the Pentagon
Washington D.C, United States of America

"...After several successful strikes in European territory, the United States Military finally declared that they had established a strong foothold into Western Europe, with the official unveiling of a permanent US Army base in the city of Copenhagen named Fort Charlie. President Becerra congratulated several officers of the army in the White House earlier today on their success, before making a statement on the war at hand.

"The United States Government thanks all who have contributed to the effort of ending this war, but also mourn those who have lost their lives fighting against the-"

"Same shit, different day." General Scott Mitchell said, turning off the TV. Scott had seen enough of this war to know how bad it was, and to know that the president's little speech didn't help one bit in terms of getting this war over with. Before all this, he was a Captain of a squad in the 1st battalion 5th special forces group, Delta company. A handpicked elite group of soldiers from all branches of the United States military, better known as Ghost Recon. He had seen action in Mexico, China, Korea and the Pacific Ocean, eventually becoming General of the Joint Strike Force, which was a larger, if less skilled version of the Ghosts. As he sat in his office chair thinking about what would happen next, a call came in on his intercom.

"General Mitchell, Captain Hope to see you sir." A desk clerk said.

"Thank you Miranda, send him in." Seconds later, the Captain stepped in.

"You wanted to see me sir?" Hope asked.

"Ah yes. You don't have too much time, so I'll keep it brief. Covert imaging broadcasts and intel from our newly established foothold in Europe brought back some bad news. The Russians have a research facility testing new technology to try and make the Space-Land-Air-Missile-Shield system redundant. I've talked to your commanding officer, Major General Goudie about his, and he's come up with a battle plan. You're going to take a team and infiltrate that facility, while the 8th Assault Battalion creates a distraction when we hit against the Euro's in Rozenburg. Here's your mission details, you can go over them later."

"Yes sir."

"Now if that's all, I'm scheduled to be in the War Room. Good luck Captain." Scott said before leaving the room.


JSF Field Intelligence
Authorized Personnel Only

Unit Deployment are as follows:
In Field: JSF 15th Special Ops Battalion, Hitman Platoon, Sierra Squad
On standby: 13th Airborne Battalion

Location of Deployment: Grid Coordinates:67.690686,55.61554, Russian Federation

Date of Deployment: 12/10/2024

JSF 15th Special Ops Battalion, Hitman Platoon, Sierra Squad
Squad Lead
Name: John Hope
Callsign: "Oz"
Rank: Captain
Former Military Division: US Rangers, Rainbow
Equipment: M4A1, Colt M1911, M67 Frag Grenades, Flashbangs, Combat Knife
Notable skills/issues: Excellent team leading tactics, as well as hostage negotiation and snatch and grab skills. Has a "no man gets left behind" policy, and refuses to leave any comrade behind, dead or alive.

Support
Name: Craig Manning
Callsign: "Twitch"
Rank: Sergeant
Former Military Division: US Army
Equipment: M249 SAW, M9 Baretta, M67 Frag Grenades, Flashbangs, Combat Knife
Notable Skills: Has an exceptional reaction time, and can multi-task almost anything. Unfortunately has issues on being left alone, and will nearly always try to stay with someone else.

Demolitions
Name Ryan Coles
Callsign: "Boombox"
Rank: Corporal
Former Military Division: US Army, US Marines
Equipment: UMP45 SMG, M9 Baretta, M67 Frag Grenades, C4 Explosive Charges, KA-BAR Knife
Notable skills/issues: Is skilled in multiple European languages, but has a light but serious heart condition, which is medicated.

Sniper
Name: Tom Scully
Callsign: "Iron Sights"
Rank: Staff Sergeant
Former Military Division: Navy SEALs, Ghost Recon
Equipment: M21 EBR, USP .45, M67 Frag Grenades, Flashbangs, Karambit Knife
Notable skills/issues: Speaks fluent Russian, and can go solo when needed for almost any situation. Has issues with orders that he believes to be a danger or a hazard to the mission or the team.

Available Resources:
Infantry Support: GRANTED(But only if necessary)
Close Air Support: GRANTED(But only if necessary)
Cavalry Support: DENIED
Force Recon: DENIED
WMDS: DENIED, COMMANDING OFFICER AUTHORIZATION ONLY

NOTE//FROM JSF Command//: Major General Goudie has deemed this mission MUST be kept in stealth.The Russians cannot be allowed to know that we are heading for their front doorstep yet. Keep to suppressed weapons for as long as possible. If things go south, supersonic fighters for Close Air support and Infantry Support from the 13th Airborne Battaion will be on station to help secure the facility or for extraction.

Naryan-Mar Airport and Surrounding Area

A decently Isolated area, the area around the facility is perfect to hide any kind of base, as snowstorms cover the area deeply with snow, covering them from general sight. The snowstorms also hinder satellite imagery, making monitoring ops in that area difficult. There are many cliffs around the facility, making it both an opportunity and a hazard. HALO jump is the only option we have for insertion as it is deep in Russian territory, the jump itself will have to be timed due to the snowstorms, for obvious reasons. Don't worry though, you'll be assisted with the insertion by the 13th Airborne Battalion, and they know what they're doing. Naryan-Mar Airport is an airport located 3 km east of Naryan-Mar. It is a mixed civilian-military field, and is the only major facility airfield on the Barents Sea coast between Arkhangelsk and Novaya. This place houses the reinforcements that are on standby for the facility, should the base's invasion alarm be triggered.

Research Facility

A CIA operative infiltrated the facility back 2 weeks ago, which gives us some good intel about the place. However, during that raid, he was compromised. Satellite imaging shows that they have taken him prisoner, attempting to find out what he knows. We don't know if the operative is still alive, but because of his capture, the base has been put on alert, so be careful when infiltrating.

Facility Personnel

The troops in this facility are members of the Spetznaz Guard Brigade, 56th Airborne Battalion, under the command of Colonel Aleksander Kurochnik, who may or may not be on site. The 56th Airborne Battalion holds a fierce reputation as one of the best special forces in the world due to the very harsh standards of their training, making them ideal for guarding a facility in those kinds of conditions. They're motto is 'effective intimidation', and have shown this throughout their battles in the war. satellite imaging shows no signs of heavy armor or air cavalry, but a large amount of unarmed troop transports are present, indicating that they may be moving something. Physical security inside the facility itself is minimal, with most of the personnel inside being researchers and scientists. Estimates put the full number of personnel on site to be at 100, with emergency reinforcements on standby 24/7.

Aleksander Kurochnik

NO FILES FOUND

Mission Objectives

Primary Objective: Find and destroy Anti-SLAMS technology, and any other experiments that may be present
Secondary Objectives:
Secure Russian scientists for interrogation of intel
Secure and extract CIA Operative if alive (Call-sign:LANGLEY, Challenge: FULL HOUSE, Countersign: TWO-PAIR)
Eliminate Colonel Aleksander Kurochnik (If on site, this objective is PRIORITY 1, Anti-SLAMS tech is PRIORITY 0)

NOTE//FROM GEN. SCOTT MITCHELL//: If the Ruskies manage to get that technology working, then they can unleash more nuclear devastation on the world, and we can't let that happen. A majority vote was made among commanders in the Pentagon to destroy the equipment rather than to keep it, rather let no one have it than someone, am I right?


**** days before present day
12/10/2024, 0950 hours
Fort Charlie AFB
Copenhagen, Denmark

Oz stepped out onto the tarmac, gear in hand, the warms morning sun reflecting off his armor. He walked up to the rest of his squad, before giving them a salute. "Good to see you all could make it, nice to see ya Scully." Oz said, shaking his hand.

"Good to see you too sir. This here's the new guy, I'll let him introduce himself."

Oz extended his hand, receiving a firm handshake. "Sergeant Craig Manning, AKA Twitch. Nice to be here sir."

"Likewise. You new in the Platoon?" Oz asked.

"Kinda, I was drafted about a month ago. Got the best score in 'The Pit' and in the rifle range, also have a distinction for serving here in Copenhagen."

"Well, nice to see you have some action already under your belt, but just a warning; things are going to get much tougher from here on out, got it?" Twitch nodded, before picking up Oz's gear off the ground. "Right let's get on board, Those Russians aren't going to kill themselves now are they?"

2 weeks earlier
Royal Gardens
Canterlot, Equestria

As the sun settled over the hills, Dawnguard stopped and smelt the cool breeze. It had the distinct smell of roses, with a hint of lavender. As he was about to continue his patrol, a bright blue portal appeared behind him. He turned around, becoming curious as to what it could be. Dawnguard looked around, trying to see if anypony was playing a trick on him. Finding the garden empy of all but himself. He cautiously approached the portal, when suddenly he found himself being sucked into it. Trying with all his might, he tried to escape the portal's grip, with no success. He became enveloped in the portal, before being dragged off into another universe. The portal then dissipated, leaving no trace. Seconds later, Princess Celestia trotted into the gardens with a smile on her face, completely unaware of what had just happened.

Dawnguard re-appeared a laboratory of sorts, dazed. After gaining some composure, he looked around, and saw a person in a lab coat, staring at him. Seconds later, a group of people with guns burst in shouting at the man in the coat in a language he couldn't understand. One of the men dressed in a uniform looked at him before pointing at him then shouting at the man again. They hit the man and dragged him off, before grabbing Dawnguard. He kicked and threw himself all over the place, trying to break their grip. Eventually they reached come jail cells, of which the man in the lab coat had already been thrown into. They dragged Dawnguard to the end of the cell block and knocked him out, before throwing him in a cell. The one in the uniform stayed behind and muttered "ты что, странное существо?", before heading off with the rest of the group.