• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 387 Views, 5 Comments

Equestria Gateway.com - Gyrofluff



Curiosity can lead to strange things.

  • ...
4
 5
 387

Science and hospitality

Equestria gateway.com

Science and hospitality

I sat quietly in the back of the cart as it rolled along the gravel trail. The darkness the tarp provided muffled most noise and left me alone with my thoughts. The fatigue of earlier had faded to a quiet numbness leaving my body reluctant to move but my mind highly alert. Of the many topics my mind swam around in I was left wondering what I would say to Twilight when I would meet her. Would I greet her like anyone else? Or perhaps it would be best to just keep quiet and let Pinkie take care of the situation. Before I could make a decision the cart stopped abruptly followed by a high pitched “we’re here!” from Pinkie. I pulled the tarp off of me and hopped out over the side of the cart, the small drop to the ground woke my body up a bit from it prior numbness. Pinkie Pie walked up to the door of the tree library and knocked. After a short wait the door opened.

“Oh hi Pinkie Pie come in” Twilight casually invited Pinkie in unable to see me standing off to the side of the small doorway in the blackness of the night. “What brings you to visit at this time?” Twilight asked facing away from Pinkie as she walked back into the library. Pinkie motioned for me to follow her in or else I would not have come inside uninvited.
“I wanted you to meet my new friend Auron” The Pinkie pony happily stated.
“Auron? That’s a unusual name” Twilight voiced as she turned around to face where Pinkie and I were. She gasped and took a few steps backwards. This response was the same one Rarity had made and I figured that almost everyone er pony else would respond similarly, well except maybe Rainbow Dash.

“WHAT IS THAT!?” Twilight shouted in panic.

“He’s a Human” Pinkie casually answered.

Twilight took a deep break to calm herself as she looked at Pinkie who stood with her usual happy smile. The fact that her friend was at ease around me encouraged her to be at ease as well. Her eyes moved upwards in thought.

“A Human, hmmm I believe I recall reading about some of their kind in a cryptozoology book once” she mentioned as she walked up closer to inspect me.

“Strange I was sure they were just an old pony’s tail, but you appear to be real” Twilight poked my leg with her hoof to verify that I was in fact there.
I was relieved that she had reached calmness so quickly. She paced around me analyzing every aspect of what I was. Had I not been so tired I may have felt uncomfortable in the situation but instead all I did was yawn. Pinkie seemed to read my mind when she asked “Hey Twilight can Auron stay here for the night? My room isn’t really very big and I don’t want Mr and Mrs Cakes to be worried seeing as they are most likely already in bed”.
Twilight halted behind me, I turned around to see how the request would go over. Twilight looked at Pinkie then to me and back. I saw her eyes flicker between worry and excitement as she thought about the request.

“okay, he can stay here in the guest room” Twilight responded matter-of-factly “I look forward to being able to study him further and this will give me such an opportunity, follow me Auron”

she walked towards the room beside her own I followed without any second thought. The idea of sleep was greatly welcomed at this time for me.

“you can sleep in this bed… humans do sleep in beds don’t they?” I nodded to her as I sat down on the smaller than average bed.

“Thank you Twilight for your hospitality”

“It’s no problem Auron” She responded with a smile. I made a mental note to work to repay her tomorrow for this. The door shut as she left the room leaving the room only lit dimly blue by the moon. I overheard Twilight talking to Pinkie outside of the door.

“Where did you find him?”

“Oh well he sorta found me when I was in his dimension”

“wait his dimension do you mean to tell me you went to a different dimension”

“yup”

“and how in Equestia did you manage that”

“Well I found this book under some floorboards in this shed Fluttershy said I could use”

“a book? Oh no… was this book called Grimoir-Osombra by any chance?”

“ya that was the name howd you know?”

“this is bad this is very bad that’s one of the darkest spellbooks none to pony kind”

“well that doesn’t sound good”

“How did you even cast something like that you’re an earth pony”

“I donna I thought it was a cook book it said put salt in a circle with some chalk and uhh I had to make some funny shape with the chalk inside the circle and then some candles and then it said put something in the middle of my own choice so naturally I looked for a cupcake but I’d eaten the ones I brought so I looked around the shed for something”

“Hmmm a spell that needs items to complete that even an earth pony could do”

“Oh right I put a bone in the middle that I got from a pile of them in the corner”

“YOU DID WHAT!”

I passed out before I could hear the rest.