• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 566 Views, 9 Comments

Vinyl's Cutie Mark - Soft tunes and hard beatings - VioletMichaelis



The story of how a young filly finds herself in a big world.

  • ...
1
 9
 566

Hard Beatings

I'm at home. Mother is furious. She's pulling at her hair trying to calm down. She's batting her wings ferociously.

“Vinyl. I need you to understand what you have done.”

I take a few steps back. Not again. Don't do it again. “I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to do anything wrong! Please!”

Father looks at Mother with a sad look. He's given up on me. He did a long time ago.

I turned back around to Mother, her hooves were shaking. “I warned you..” she says slowly, turning around to me. “You're.. such a bad child Vinyl... Bad fillies deserve to be punished..”

I look behind me, I drop back and try to get through the door as quickly as possible. Mother flies around to the side of me before I can concentrate my magic on the handle. I feel dread seeping into my soul. I can't breathe. Mother's hoof is raised. I close my eyes.

Hard beats. Batting against me. Hitting my sides. Hitting my horn. They're rough and out of tune. Inconsistent.

My inner world is barren. The beat changes consistently. My head is throbbing. Make it stop. Please make it stop!

I open my eyes. Mother has fluttered out of the door. Father looks at me sadly while he waits for her hoof steps to fade away.

He speaks up after a few minutes. “Vinyl... are you okay?”

I push myself to my feet, wincing. My head is spinning. “You did nothing.”

He looks taken back. He shuffles his hooves towards me. “Vinyl I'm sorry I ju-”

“You're useless!” I scream at the top of my lungs. My voice cracks under the strain. I run from the room. My hooves hitting the floor send a shock of pain through my body with each hoof fall. I don't stop until I get to my room. There's a bed and a mirror, expensive looking cupboards and other furniture around the room. I reach for my pencil case, shuffling through it. I walk over to the mirror with a pair of scissors in my hoof. I use my magic to undo the various bands and ties that keep my hair in place. I put the scissors up to my face.

Snip.

The sound of scissors slicing through my mane. It feels good. My body tingles. I continue to cut at this thing on top of me. It's a disgrace. It's awful. It's prissy.

Fuck this.

I attack my mane and tail in a fit of frustration. Ruffing up the colours until they seem like a mess of neon blue. I throw off the bangles around my hoof and let them smash as they hit the wall.

When I'm done, there's a mess of hair all around the floor. I look up to my face. Staring back at my magenta eyes, scanning my body's bruises.

My nose was bleeding, sending a sting through my face.

I look around the room. For one last time.

I pick up my saddle bag. Headphones and player inside.

Fuck this.

I open the window to my room and look outside. I had a room on the first floor, so I easily climbed out into the garden. I look back at my house.

Goodbye, old life.

My hooves feel great against the grass. I run across the back yard and onto the street. The middle of Canterlot, where the elite live. Close to the castle. I know where I have to go. I've been there once, the nightclub parts of Canterlot.

Parties run 24/7 if you know where to look, and thankfully I have been looking for a long, long, time.

Nothing could go wrong..could it?

Author's Note:

It's a little dark, but it gets better in the next chapter.