• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 329 Views, 2 Comments

Mountain Mare Rendezvous - YesMan456



The mane 6 have the most awkward camping experience.

  • ...
 2
 329

Chapter 2: Rise and shine

It is a chilly Friday morning in Ponyville, and Rarity and Rainbow dash stand in front of Twilight's house.
"Twilight Darling, are you there?" Rarity said, knocking on the door.

"If you are, hurry the heck up! I’m freezing my flank off out here!" Rainbow exclaimed, pounding the door. This continues for five more minutes, until the door finally opens.

Twilight stands before her two friends, rubbing her eyes. "Ugh, sorry girls. I was up all night packing and planning. I closed my eyes for a second and next thing I know its 5:30 am." She explained.

"We know. We’ve been here since 4:50." Rainbow snapped. Twilight waved her friends into the house shutting the door.

While lighting a candle, Twilight leads the others into the kitchen, and places the candle on the counter. "So, Rainbow, where are the other 3?" Twilight asked, walking over to the fridge.

"Well, I know Pinkie pie and Fluttershy are planning on bunking with each other. They've already packed and have started heading up to the mountain." Rainbow replied.

"And what about applejack? Is she going?" Twilight said, pouring 3 cups of coffee.

"Well, while Rainbow talked to Pinkie and Fluttershy, I went ahead and asked Applejack. She said she'd meet us either on the trail, or where ever the campsite is." Rarity said, grabbing one of the cups.

"How will she know where the campsite is?" Twilight asked. Rainbow dash took a big swig of Coffee, and proceeded to
tell twilight the plan.

"Well, the entire camping thing is organized. There is this big lot up there, reserved for the ponies camping up there. We have section 3, one of the closest to the entrance. She’ll find us." She said, leaning against the counter. "I had the section reserved for us at 3:00 this morning. It’s a good thing the mail carrier works early on Fridays." She explained.

"Now, Twilight dear, unfortunately my tent was ripped the last time I went camping. May I bunk with you?" Rarity asked, placing sugar into the coffee.

"Of course you can. Just bring your own cot." Twilight said, nodding.

"Umm, Twi. Can I, you know, bunk with you too?" Rainbow said, stuttering.

"Umm, don't you have your own tent?" Twilight said, sipping her coffee. "Well, I...kind of lost it." Rainbow replied, tapping her forehooves together.

"Well, I guess it’s a good thing my tent can fit up to 4 ponies in it. I guess I will just let applejack in to, if she does not already have a tent. But like I said, just bring your own cot." Twilight acknowledged. The three ponies sit in the kitchen, slowly finishing their coffee, and have conversations with one-another.

Author's Note:

Still under some editing, but now it looks like a real *ish* story, and not a big wall of text.