• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 529 Views, 5 Comments

Nocturne - Pony Boy



Nightmare Moon, possibly the most formidable foe ever faced by Twilight and her friends has returned to bring eternal midnight to all of Equestria.

  • ...
0
 5
 529

Prologue

Nocturne Prologue

Nightmare Moon. The Mare and the Moon. Everlasting Darkness. All names for the figure that consumed the Princess of the Night, Princess Luna. Consumed by jealousy, the Princess of the Night becomes Nightmare Moon. Having no other choice, Princess Celestia used the Elements of Harmony to lock the wicked mare of darkness into the Moon for a thousand years.

Fast forward a thousand years, a young unicorn who is a studying as personal protege student of Princess Celestias is sent to a small but prospering town called Pony Ville to check on the preparation for the raising of the Sun for the Summer Solstice Celebration. This day just so happens to be the day that Nightmare Moon was locked away in the Moon. Legend being that the Mare in the Moon would return in a thousand years, she did.

The young unicorn sets out with her five newly acquired friends to find the Elements of Harmony to stop her. After fighting through the Everfree Forrest, they six young mares have reached the resting place of the Elements. Activated by their friendship, the Elements started in a flash, consuming the Everlasting Night in light, she disappeared, and presumed defeated. The Princess Luna is saved and has since connected with her subjects.

Since then, what happened to the mysterious Nightmare Moon? Was she just Luna transformed? Or was she really an actual being? Using Luna’s weakness to take her physical form and feed off her strength?

Author's Note:

Yes, I know you know the story. This is a lead in.