• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 413 Views, 0 Comments

Consumed - TuxRug



Twilight has started having morbid nightmares... At least she thinks they're nightmares.

  • ...
 0
 413

June 7

Dear Princess Celestia,

I have not had another dream yet, but I have something new to report. Either I have fallen victim to some of the strangest bit of coincidence I have ever witnessed, or… Well, I would rather not finish that sentence. This has to be coincidence.

Rainbow Dash just came by to return the J. R. R. Tolkolt books I lent her. As I was re-shelving the books, she happily mentioned that she just came back from visiting her ‘flight school buddy’, Firefly. I do not believe I mentioned it in my previous letter, but that was my name in my dream.

I dropped The History of Middle-Equestria in surprise. I do not know if I succeeded, but I tried to pass it off as just a moment of clumsiness.

I pretended to be vaguely familiar with the name, as if I had heard of her in passing. I confirmed that Firefly was the gymnastics coach at the flight school in Cloudsdale. Rainbow mentioned they had spent the whole afternoon catching up and that they hadn’t spoken since she moved to Ponyville. I managed to jokingly work yearbooks into the discussion, and Rainbow cracked up and mentioned a few photos. One line Rainbow said stood out to me: “I forgot how goofy Firefly looked with those braces.”

How did I know about the braces? I can accept that Rainbow Dash might have mentioned plans to visit Firefly that I had tuned out as irrelevant, wrapped up in another task. I can accept that I might have actually heard of Firefly before. I can even accept that I guessed they would look at a yearbook since it is a common thing to do with old school friends. However, if even Rainbow Dash had forgotten that the braces were noteworthy, how could I have heard about them?

I wanted to tell Rainbow Dash about my dream, but I decided against it. Of all the ponies that have put a stake in dreams, the only noteworthy one was Starswirl, and even his peers discredited him for it. Regardless, I must read more of his research. I understand you are very busy, but please send me anything you have that seems relevant. If you have important matters to attend to that prevent you from finding time to locate some books in the archives, I am happy to take some time to visit and look for myself. Either way, I am very interested in what you make of this situation.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

For a fully-formatted version, please read on SkyDrive or DeviantArt
Skydrive: http://sdrv.ms/Tp5fYS
DeviantArt: Coming soon