• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 1,095 Views, 20 Comments

No eyes... always watches.... - FrostyDawn



Something is lurking in Ponyville... something made of pure fear and terror...

  • ...
2
 20
 1,095

Nowhere is Safe

The ponies were paralyzed in fear as the tall creature’s blank face beamed at them, staring with unseen eyes. Its tentacles extended to a frightening length. Pinkie Pie was startled, and backed away. “Run away!” She yelled, sprinting back to the group. The creature flung a tendril around the pink pony’s leg, pulling her closer. The other ponies stared in horror as Pinkie was soon enveloped in dark tentacles. Her cries for help were soon muffled as every inch of Pinkie’s body was covered, coated entirely by the dark creature.

"Pinkie!" Rainbow Dash cried, horrified, but her eyes refusing to look away. After a few seconds, the tendrils started to unravel as quickly as they came. But Pinkie Pie was no longer there. In her place, there was a black, inky liquid that dripped down from the monster’s tendrils. Pinkie Pie was gone. Stricken by fear, the ponies screamed and took off, running as fast as they could. The being just stood there, watching the mares run off.

They regrouped at Carousel Boutique. Rain started to pour down from the sky as thunder boomed overhead. “This is bad... very bad... i-it took Pinkie Pie! Just like that! Gone! What are we going to do?!” Rainbow Dash cried, practically losing her mind. The others weren’t doing as well, either. Rarity and Fluttershy were huddled together in pure terror as Spike clung to Twilight, his eyes shut.

“Calm down, everypony. W-we can figure something out.” She said sheepishly, trying to keep everyone sane and calm.

Applejack peered out the windows, hoping that they truly were alone. “I don’t see it. Where could it have gone?” She asked, trying to stay low and out of sight. Twilight noticed the page Spike was holding in his tail. She pulled it out, reading it. One one side was the crudely drawn picture of the creature, in what appeared to be a forest. One the other was a few lines of text, but the rest were smudged into illegible smears.

“Hold on, girls. We might be onto something.” Twilight said. She examined the edge of the page, which was torn along the side. Twilight summoned the book from before, turning to the missing end of the book. The tears between the two pieces of paper were practically identical, like puzzle pieces.

The creature has no official name. It has been seen around the outskirts of forests and takes on the appearance of a man with no face...” Twilight said, reading the text that was not completely ruined.

“What’s a man?” Rainbow Dash wondered.

Twilight shrugged. “I don’t know. That’s all that I can read.” She said.

“Do you think the other pages could tell us something?” Spike said, letting go of Twilight.

“Like how to get rid of it? Or how to get Pinkie Pie back?” Fluttershy asked.

“It’s worth a shot. I don’t see what else we can do...” Applejack said.

“We’re going to have to find what ever we can about this thing and pray to Celestia that it works...” Twilight looked out the window. Amidst the pouring rain and occasional crashed of thunder, the creature was nowhere to be found. “Whatever that thing is, I think it’s gone... for now. We should look for any other pages, just like this, while we still have a chance.” Twilight said, holding her hoof out. “For Pinkie Pie.” The others glanced at each other nervously, before putting their hooves together.

“For Pinkie Pie.” Each of them said. “Let’s get our friend back.” Rarity said, her voice filled with spite. With that, everyone split into groups to look for any sort of help.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Fluttershy and Spike wandered the streets of Ponyville, carrying a single lantern to illuminate the dark, rainy atmosphere. “It’s too quiet... what if it’s right around the corner?” Fluttershy whimpered, following behind Spike.

“Don’t worry. I’m here too. And if anything happens, we can just call for help.” Spike said reassuringly, but was extremely frightened himself.

“Wait... listen...” he said. The two of them stopped and heard the wind and the rain, but another sound... the sound of paper flapping in the breeze. “It’s another page... it’s got to be nearby...” Fluttershy said cautiously. “Let’s look for it. We won’t be that far apart.” Spike said, stepping toward the darker sides of the house to light them up. Fluttershy followed the sounds of the paper, which she found stuck to a door. This time, the words CANT RUN were scribbled madly on the paper. As if that wasn’t enough to scare Fluttershy, she turned the page over. More words were printed and smeared on the other side, with only a few distinguishable words.

The creature is said to be able to extend its arms to any length at will, and relentlessly stalks anyone who sees it.” Amidst the smudges of ink on the page, there were more words from disconnected sentence fragments. “fear...” ,“ ...dying breath” ,and“ ... countless victims.” were a few words scattered in the paragraphs.

“Aaaah!” A sudden shriek of terror startled Fluttershy. An icy chill ran through her spine as she looked around.

“S-S-Spike?” she called out. No answer. Fluttershy set the note down, wandering back to where she last saw the little dragon. There was no activity, just the lantern sitting in the middle of the street. It wasn’t like Spike to just vanish. And that scream she heard earlier... what if something horrible happened to him? Did he run off in fear; or something much worse? Fluttershy walked toward the light, and her heart stopped as her hoof touched something other than the ground... she raised her hoof as she walked into the lantern’s light, and nearly fainted as it was covered in a black, shining goo. “AAAAAAggh!” Fluttershy screamed, as she horribly recalled what happened to Pinkie Pie after the monster’s grasp. Spike had fallen victim to the dark creature. Fluttershy looked up, and there, standing in the dim lighting, was the tall, skinny monster itself....