• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 710 Views, 5 Comments

The Sparkle Revival - Plistry



Applebloom needs help, and Applejack knows Twilight has the answers. Answers deep down in the family.

  • ...
0
 5
 710

The Art of Flowers

---[Log 1, Expedition 0]---

Hello. My name is Twilight Sparkle, a unicorn pony who currently lives in Ponyville. Many say that I am one of the most magical unicorns known to exist, besides Princess Celestia, here in the land of Equestria. A part of me agrees with that, but the other part of me simply doesn’t. The other part believes that somepony else is greater than anypony else can think about. And I just have to find out who.

---[Ponyville Library]---

“Thanks for the book, Twilight,” said Applejack as she handed me a brown book called “The Art of Flowers.”

“You’re really serious about this gardening stuff, aren’t you?” I curiously asked. She borrowed that book about a week ago with serious determination in her eyes, saying that it was all Granny Smith’s idea.

“Ah sure am, sugarcube, and Granny Smith’s liking the progress of them flowers. There should be a new flower patch ‘round there after a week.”

She smiled with enthusiasm, something I haven’t done for weeks.

“Well, I sure hope for your success,”

“I better be goin’ now. Thanks again!” She darted off outside the tree library in a second.

Then she was gone.

“Must be busy,” I concluded to myself. What else would explain why would she be such in a hurry? For the record, it was Applebuck season, so she and Big Mac would be busier than anypony else here in Ponyville.

The sun was just above the horizon. The farm pony must be used in waking up at this time, considering her work at Sweet Apple Acres. I gave time to myself to sniff the lovely air and contemplate about it, just to realize something else.

The book was still in my hoof. Yes, where was this supposed to be placed? Shouldn’t this be in the gardening section? I trotted off to find that section, only to find out that it was full.

“Spike!” I called out. It was then answered by rumbles upstairs.

“Coming, Twi!” a voice replied.

The baby dragon lazily walked down the stairs, often yawning regularly. It’s early in the morning, and I can’t blame him for being so sluggish.

“You already want breakfast?”

I couldn’t resist but to give a giggle. “No Spike. Say, where did you get this book?” I raised the book for him to see. “We let Applejack borrow it last week. Any ideas?”

“Um,” He scratched his head as he looked around. “Ah yes. It was placed there in…”

His voiced trailed of as he ran to the third shelf. Contented on what he saw, he pointed it out for me.

“Here you go, Twilight. The place of that book.”

“What? In the Spells section? Why would a book about flowers end up here?”

That wasn’t right. It was never right. Flowers weren’t supposed to be under spells, unless, of course, it was used as a target. No, it can’t just be right. Something powerful welled up to me, wanting badly to correct this horrible mistake.

“Spike, this possibly couldn’t go here. Are you sure you got it here?”

“Pretty sure am.” He tried to rub his eyes to clarify his vision. He nodded in approval on what he saw.

“So when did you place this book here?” I became more and more desperate to find the crook of the crime.

“I have never seen that book in my whole entire life! Must’ve been somepony else who borrowed it.”

I tried to jog my memory of any instances that that event happened. Scores of possibilities came in my mind, including the visit of every single pony here in this library.

But nothing. Nopony borrowed a single book in the spells section. Maybe except Applejack, but that would be irrelevant. Why would the gardening section be full while the spells section be empty? Knowing that fact merely exists in my mind makes me want to scream. This cannot be happening. I won’t let this kind of disorganization exist here in this library.

My library.

Then it occurred to me. I was about to drop every single book to the floor for re-shelving when I realized that, “Why is the gardening section full in the first place when this book about flowers still exists?”

“Huh?” Spike asked. He must have heard me. It took moments for him to reply. “Um, ‘cause it simply doesn’t belong there?”

His silly answer actually made sense.

I dashed to the gardening section, seeing all of those glorious books lined up in an organized manner. I levitated every book in that section and analyzed the titles.

“The Egghead’s Guide to Gardening, Turnips and You, The Wonderful Wonders of Carrots…”

And everything was at its right section. So where does this book belong?

I flipped the pages of the flower book. It seemed like a normal flowering book, except that it had no illustrations. Funny.

“So what do we do with the book?” asked Spike.

“I don’t know. For the meantime, I’m reading this upstairs.”

I trotted up to my study and set everything up in place. The book is ready to be read and I am ready to read.

Or maybe I wasn’t ready to read it.