• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 553 Views, 4 Comments

Shadows - 4n4rchy

  • ...
0
 4
 553

Prologue-Memories

Dark. I see dark.
So much dark, I can taste it, touch it. It surrounds me, it is in me, pushing at my mind, begging for entry.
A light.
I see a light, in the distance. It promises freedom, it promises warmth, it promises many other things also. I start walking towards it, without start. Then, a trot. Eventually, I am galloping, hoping with my whole soul that I may eventually that elusive escape from the shadows.
I no longer have a soul.
The light is gone, and once more, the black invades my mind. I cannot think of anything else, the black is all there is, all there was.
Yet, it asks for more.
It wants to be all that will be. The dark whispers my name, the name of those I loved, hated, knew. Those names mean nothing to me. I am no longer a creature of light. The dark is all I know, all there is in my mind. The wonderful, wonderful darkness. I need nothing else. It makes me its and in exchange, it is mine. It is every fibre of my body, all that fills my mind, my passions, my fears. They are all blackness.
I am a Fallen King.
The light. Yes, those cracks of light, they have been more frequent in recent times. They deceive us, telling me I don't need the darkness, emptying my mind from it, making me fear it. So lonely, so empty.
The lights. The lights the lights the LIGHTS. What happened recently? Last Tuesday there was black... The Tuesday before that, also black... Black, black, black... Hmmm... Perhaps we need to think further ba-- WAIT! There! A memory! Yes, yes... A terrible time, the time we ventured outside the dark... The light was blinding, we needed to veil our eyes... Yes, look at them all, my retched subjects. Traitors, all of them! Look at them, we have been gone from the living world for barely a day and already they are celebrating! Why, we should... Wait! A shield?! What is the meaning of this?! Hmm... Perhaps if we... No, that doesn't work. Where are we, anyway? This is so different from our Kingdom... All the white... Snow? Perhaps, if we were to explore it... Wait a tick, what's this? A mine-cart... Moving by itself? How amusing! Perhaps it could help us mine more crystals! But, wait, is that a Royal Guard of Equestria? What are those even?
... Yes, yes, you are right, I remember. They are our enemies! Those hellish goddesses killed my body! How DARE they send an emissary no longer than a day later?! They are mocking us!!
We shall rob him of his magic! Yes, he shall suffer the worst of pains for what his mistresses did!
AAAaaaAaaaaAAAGHHhhH!!
What was that?! The retched light! It is taking him inside!! No! NO!! We will have our REVENGE!! ARGH!!
... W-wait, is that a... A pony?
Yes, yes!! It's one of those Godesses!! They are stealing my Kingdom!! OUR KINGDOM!! NO!! We... Must... Break... The ... Shield!!
... Huh. The light... It seems to have... Detached our horn. Where could it be? Where, where, where...
Hmm? Well, yes, I suppose... We could do that, yes... Alright.
Well, this is... Heh... Interesting... Hee hee... The ho-ho-horn seem to be... Hee hea aha... INSIDE THE SHIELD!! AHAHAAHAAHAA!!
Spread the darkness, yes! Use the crystals, eggs of the emissary, bringers of black so that all may be encompassed within the all-womb HAIL THE DARKNESS!!!
Wha-what is this? Th-the Heart! Our heart has been taken!! We had placed... Yes, you are right, we should not panic... Kill the thief? Let us settle for trapping, hmm? W-wait no! Stop it! STOP THE DRAGO--
*GASP*
I'm... Free! My body, the darkness, it's gone! I'm free!! Wh- no! Please, not again! Not the darkness please! PLEASE, I DON'T WANT TO DIE AGA--

Woah. That was unpleasant memory. We should've stayed here with the darkness. But we can't take all and give nothing, right? Quite, yes, quite, hmm, yes, hmm, indeed, oh, hmm, absolutely, yes.
But why is the light still invading? Why can't it leave us alone? ... The horn? I'm not sure, I think... Well surely, the explosion must've destroyed it... I suppose it could, yes... A-again? But we don't want to go again, do we? ... I... Yes, okay. I'll depart immediately.

Author's Note:

It begins.