• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 926 Views, 6 Comments

Luna and the Doctor - SubCinemaProductions



Why is Celestia calling for a stallion in a blue box? Why is princess Luna being seen throughout time and space with a mysterious colt? What does this have to do with Nightmare moon returning? Short answer: The Doctor.

  • ...
4
 6
 926

Prologue

Celestia waited in the throne room of the castle. It was 1:35 am, and she was beginning to get doubtful that he would arrive. There was no pony with her, except for her personal body guard. The dark halls of the castle gave her an ominous feeling, like that of a bottomless pit before her.

Maybe I didn't try hard enough; maybe if I cast the spell again, he will come.

Celestia had been sending a beacon of light into the night sky regularly every thirty minutes. She started about six hours ago. She sent them as a signal, only to be used in desperation, and she was beyond desperation. She needed his help, because only he had the power to set things straight. Though he vowed never to return to that desolate place, she needed him to make one last trip.

Or, perhaps, he knows what I ask of him and refuses to break his vow. He knows a great deal of things. I should have never asked so much of him. It caused him great pain to do so in the past, and I imagine it will now. Oh Doctor, I am sorry, but I ask this of you one last time.

Just then, as if to answer her prayers, she hears it: that beautiful noise, that noise of wonder and mystery, of age and experience, of solitude and of everywhere; the sound of the universe. A blue box, labeled only as "Police Public Call Box", appeared before her.

A brown stallion emerged from the box. The Princess' guard pointed his spear at him menacingly. The stranger didn't flinch.

"It's all right, high alert. He's the one I've been calling for," she said calmly.

"And plus," the mysterious stallion said, "You aren't the most intimidating stallion I've seen around. Remember that one from 655 Princess? Yowza, he was mean."

"Doctor, I'm glad you're here-" she started.

"And then there was that minion of Sombra's, he was rather aggressive," he interrupted.

"Quite," she replied, "but I need you now do-"

"And there was that bouncier at that night club in 1345. Oh wait, you weren't there..."

"Doctor!" she shouted.

He widened his eyes at her, surprised at her sudden change in tone.

"I need you now more than I needed you when we first met! This concerns Luna!"

His expression changed into a serious one. "What is the year?"

"990," she replied with a sigh.

"You know I swore to never to return to her until the thousandth year of being on the moon. I cannot return there," the Doctor said.

"She has ten more years until you return her. I fear that she will resent us and still want revenge. I need her exile to end early, or else risking her wreaking havoc on Equestria," she said solemnly.

"And what, pray tell, do you want me to do with her when I take her with me?" he asked. "The risk would be the same if brought her back here and now."

Celestia had expected him to bring this up. She had a plan. "Take her with you. Take her from the moon. Return her to her formal self."

The Doctor raised a doubtful eyebrow. “I don't think that taking her through a crashing TARDIS ride to here-"

"Do it like you did back in the old days."

She walked over to a window and looked at the moon. "I can still feel Luna up there, but she isn't complete. Nightmare Moon is still within her. She needs you, and your adventures to bring her back. Make her complete."

He understood, and nodded. He walked back to his box. He turned and said, "Remember how I had to take her on your behalf? I could have given you all the time you needed to talk to her, but you chose banishment instead. That's why neither you nor her have traveled with me since."

"I... I was young then."

"And being you makes up for centuries of banishment, how?"

She couldn't answer. He sighed and entered the police box. The box faded away with the same noise it had as when it came.

Celestia dismissed her guard to the barracks, and when she was alone, began to cry.