• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 1,151 Views, 13 Comments

My Fair Twilie (Book 2/3) - AdrianJNovelle



With her horn destroyed and her body lame, Twilight must now start her new life as an acting earth pony. How will she cope with her new circumstances? Will love guide her through her darkest hour?

  • ...
16
 13
 1,151

Chapter 3 - The Date

"Alright," began Dawn, his canvas, a camera, and a few pencils and a pencil sharpener hovering around him in their blue auras as he followed Twilight out of town. "What do you want for your background?"

"Hmm..." Twilight surveyed the area, finally coming across Canterlot Castle in the distance. "Hey, how about Canterlot!"

"Perfect! Alright, stand right...there..." Twilight moved as Dawn put his equipment down. "...And move a little bit to the left."
Twilight did. "A little more...liiittle, more...aaaaaand...perfect! Right there! Don't move."

"I won't."

Dawn set up his canvas, seating himself in front of it, levitating a pencil over his head. He scrutinized Twilight.

"C'mon, Darling, you have such a beautiful smile. Show it to me!"

Blushing, a genuine grin grew on Twilight's face.

"Ah, much better, dear! Stay still. This will only take a minute." Dawn began sketching the lines of Twilight and her chosen background on the canvas with a pencil.

"What about painting-"

"Stillness, please!" ordered Dawn. Twilight returned to her position. "To answer your question, since I do not wish to keep you here posing for me forever, I sketch you all at once and take a picture to help remind me of the coloration. Then I take it home and paint it."

Twilight would nod in affirmation, but did not move since she was still posing for Dawn. He carefully sketched Twilight, drawing every line of her figure with the gentlest of stroke of lead from his pencil. "Almost done, now," he said. Several moments later, he had completed his drawing. He picked the canvas up with his horn and turned it one hundred and eighty degrees. "What do you think, Twilight?" asked he.

It was an immaculate reproduction of the scene. Every detail had thoroughly been drawn - even the tiniest of windows visible from afar on the Canterlot Castle.

"It's beautiful," she said

"It's nothing," said Dawn, though not sounding disappointed, rotating the canvas back. "And I still need to paint it." He lifted all his materials up with his magic and started on his way back to his studio; Twilight followed. "I'll have this baby painted over the next few days. In the meantime, you just wanna talk when we get back to my place?"

"Um, sure!"

The two returned to Dawn's cottage, most of his paintings hung up on the walls, and more furniture added to the otherwise empty environment; one could tell that an artist lived here, but was still moving in. They sat across from each other at Dawn's dining table.

"Are you sure you don't want anything?"

"I'm sure, Dawn."

"Alright," Dawn took a sip of a hot beverage contained within a mug using his horn. "So, you were saying you had friends here in Ponyville?"

"Yes. I have several, actually."

"Tell me about them."

"Well, there's Pinkie Pie, the energetic pink pony who can give somepony nightmares about how freaken pink she is. She's also a party animal and is the only pony capable of breaking the fourth wall."

Dawn shrugs.

"Then there's Rarity. She's a fashionista here in Ponyville. I think you'd like her a lot. She's a designer, which is also a type of artist, and Spike says that she's the most beautiful thing he has ever laid his eyes on. Of course he's a dragon, so can his opinion really be trusted?"

"Hmm. Hard to say," said Dawn.

"Then there's Applejack. She works with her family at their farm, harvesting and selling apples by the barrel. Every fall they sell their Equestria-famous apple cider to everypony. There's also Fluttershy, who is a total coward if you ask me, but she's very sweet and sensitive and extremely good with animals. Don't tell her, but there's a fanfiction I wrote about us being in an intimate relationship and doing it together because I think it could totally work between us."

Dawn blinked twice.

"Moving on, there's Rainbow Dash. She's the best flyer in Equestria. And she's also incredibly loyal to her friends when she needs to be, which I think is amazing considering that if she accidentally destroys something, the first thing out of her mouth was always, 'Twilight did it!'"

"Interesting," replied Dawn. "She sounds most hypocritical."

"Well, everypony's a hypocrite sometime or another. Applejack's the Element of Honesty and yet willingly lies to Pinkie Pie's face. Rarity's the Element of Generosity and totally snags everything for herself whenever possible (also a liar). Fluttershy's the Element of Cowardice- I mean Kindness and she threatened me when I played with her animal friends under her supervision. Pinkie Pie is the Element of Laughter and yet cries like a banshee at weddings. And all I have to say is...what's up with that?"

"Don't forget about yourself," Dawn added. "You're the Element of Magic, are you not? And yet you aren't even a unicorn anymore."

"Everypony's a critic," Twilight said.

"And about that...is that permanent?"

"Is what permanent?"

"The damage done to your natural-born horn."

"Oh. Well, as far as I know, it is. I don't think I can cast another spell in my life. I've already tried levitation two hundred times and I can't even move something let alone pick something up."

"That's a shame," said Dawn. "But you look just as beautiful without magic as you did with magic, I'm sure."

"Are you hitting on me?"

Dawn grew sheepish.

"You are hitting on me!"

"I...so what if I am?"

"Then it proves that you're attracted to me for one thing."

"Maybe I am," Dawn affirmed sternly. "I have been to all corners of Equestria and back, and never once have I laid my giant eyes on such a mare of divine beauty such as yourself, Twi-"

"And you're not gonna stop!" she exclaimed. "You hit on me without even thinking about it!"

"I don't understand how that is a bad thing!" Dawn exclaimed back exasperatedly.

"It's not!" roared Twilight.

"Then why are we shouting?"

"'Cause, I like being dramatic," Twilight calmed. "So...I guess you probably wanna ask me out, huh? But you haven't even met my friends yet!"

"I can meet your friends another time, I promise. First things first: I would love to take you out to La Belle Mare in Canterlot tonight. We can leave this afternoon if you accept."

"La Belle Mare?" inquired Twilight. "As in that super-fancy, high-class, French restaraunt in Canterlot?"

"That's the one."

"Oh, I could never afford-"

"Money is no object," smirked Dawn.

Twilight's eyes widened.


That night, Twilight found herself walking the brightly lit streets of Canterlot. She was dressed in no formal attire, for Dawn had mentioned that he wanted to keep this date as casual as possible, despite its romantic atmosphere.

Both the mare and the stallion ordered food they needed assistance pronouncing. Fortunately, each item in the menus included a description which illustrated what each food was so anypony can order accurately what they want.

"So," Twilight began after the server was hoofed the menus. "I hear you're from Canterlot."

"Indeed," answered Dawn.

"I am, too. I was born here, raised here, attended my brother's wedding here - I only moved to Ponyville recently for my studies."

"Twilight, that was over three years ago."

Twilight grew sheepish. "Oh...right."

"It doesn't surprise me that you're from here, though. Canterlot is notorious for producing true wonders of ponies - and they do not disappoint."

Twilight blushed again. "Stop it," she said with a giggle.

"I can't help myself, dear," continued Dawn. "It's just part of who I am. And I guess the truth is, I'm a total flirt."

"No kidding," laughed Twilight.

"I'm also proned to spontaneously asking life-changing questions for no clear reas- will you marry me?"

"What?"

"Sorry...I told you that about me."

"Yeah, half a second before you asked it."

"Can you forgive me?"

"Of course...but..."

"Yes?"

"Well, you never pulled that off before in any conversation we've had prior to this date. I have a feeling you've been holding out so you could ask me to marry you."

"Oh, it's much too soon for marriage, Twilight."

"I concur...Then why'd you ask?"

"Hmm?"

"Why did you ask me to marry you?"

"I told you: spontaneous life-changing questions disease."

"I don't think it is."

"Okay, okay, you got me: I'm just nervous because I can't believe I'm on a date with you in Canterlot right now."

"Your orders," said the server, approaching the table with two silver platters looming over him, suspended in the air from the magic of his horn.

"Thank you," replied Dawn as the server set the platters down in front of the ponies and revealed their hidden contents.

"So, this...disease of yours? I think it's bullsquirt."

"It is," admitted Dawn. "I'm not schizophrenic. I'm just anxious."

"Why are you anxious?"

"Because I find you extremely attractive."

"Well I think I can say something to ease your anxiety, Dawn."

"Oh?"

Twilight leaned in over her dinner and whispered, "That's what I think about you."

"R-really?"

Twilight nodded as she reseated herself. "Of course...I'm just a little more subtle about it than you."

"Oh...I see..."

Twilight started to eat her dinner.

"Does that mean you're willing to mate with me?"

Twilight spat out her half-chewed meal out onto Dawn.

"Oops," she mumbled.

Dawn wiped the mess off his face. "It's my fault," he said.

"Maybe I was wrong," interjected Twilight. "Maybe you do have some crazy disease."

Dawn sighed. "I'm just sexually attracted to you is all."

"Dawn! Watch your mouth! This is a kid's show!"

"Was a kid's show, Twilight, was. Until somepony decided that being kiddie was too boring for his taste."

"Who? That guy?" Twilight pointed to a lone pony sitting at a table nearby about to dine on a salmon filet, when he lowered his fork in humiliation.

"No, not him; never mind that...it's just...I...I bucking love you, Twilight."

"You...you love me?"

Dawn nodded confidently. "Indeed I do. And I wanted to tell you that at a more romantic location: and what better place than the place of our births, hmm?"

"That is a pretty romantic gesture."

"I'm so glad you agree, Twilight-"

"Please," interrupted the mare. "Twilight is what my girls call me. Call me Twilie."

"Isn't that what your brother calls you?"

"Your point?"

Dawn blinked twice. "Sure thing then, Twilig- I mean, Twilie."

Twilight smiled.

"So...these girls...do they-?"

"No. Well, Applejack and Rarity did a while back, but that was because we were all trapped in my home together during a rainstorm and we only had the two beds."

"And you didn't object?"

"Why would I?"

Dawn laughed. "Good question."

"I pretended to be asleep for a while so I could lie awake and watch them sleep together. But then they started arguing and stuff, and that's when I told them both to just shut up and go to sleep. They didn't interest me anymore."

"I doubt they would...So...do you bear chemistry with these girls?"

"Conditionally," answered Twilight. "If you ask Pinkie Pie, we're all electric, but I don't think so in my perspective. We're all friends, sure, but for the most part, I don't think we're much more than friends. Close friends, sure thing, but certainly nothing that exceeds that level of intimacy."

"What about the fanfiction about you and Fluttershy?"

"Something to masturbate to- I mean- AGHH! It's just a fantasy."

"One which you wish to come true?"

"Not necessarily. I'm straight after all."

"That's debatable."

"I hardly think so."

"You just said you mastur-"

"That's just estrogen talking."

"Do you blame all of your irratic behavior on hormones?"

"Yup. Everything."

"Interesting."

"Just how you blame your insanity on a fictional mental illness."

"...Twilie, would you like to spend the night at my place? I've got a bed big enough for the two of us."

"Me too..." Twilight paused. "I can kick Spike out."

"Well, alright. Since I'm not completely moved into my place."

Twilight and Dawn started off back to the train station.

"Hey! You haven't paid for your meals!" roared an angry server as he charged towards the customer.

"Run," whispered Dawn into Twilight's ear.

The ponies ran as fast as their hooves could carry them until they were back on the train.

"Normally I don't like to skip out on the bill, but we hardly ate a bite of our food. I mean why pay for it?"

"Well it was served to us in ten seconds flat."

"Memes will get them nowhere."

The couple laughed as they were brought all the way back to Ponyville.

They reached Twilight's tree-house, now in the middle of the night. It was Dawn who used his levitation spell to move Spike and his bed - while he was still sleeping - to the balcony outside the second-story window of the Library. They then engaged in sexual intercourse until they found themselves asleep together, huddled in each other's arms.

Author's Note:

It's rated Teen for a reason. While allowing the ponies (i.e. Twilight and Dawn) to engage in sexual intercourse for the sake of this story, I, by choice, do not wish to illustrate these actions graphically and instead leave it all to the reader's imagination. I think we all know what this looks like. I like to keep the out-of-show sexuality of the story to a minimum. Nevertheless, I do hope this omission does not interfere with your enjoyment of the story.