• Published 5th Jan 2012
  • 3,474 Views, 28 Comments

Gentle - PegasisBrony



Fluttershy would never have thought that a stallion like Big Macintosh would be so gentle. She found it simply... adorable.

  • ...
5
 28
 3,474

Date

"Ouchie." Fluttershy fluttered her eyes open, surprised when seeing floor beneath her. "Angel," she complained, getting up on her hooves, "You could try less hurtful ways of waking me up next time... Please?" She stared at the white bunny that was holding her beds sheet in his paws. The bunny shrugged and hopped off to somewhere else.

Like perhaps not flipping me over she thought for herself whilst she sighed and fixed her bed again, tucking the sheet in every corner of the mattress neatly and then placing the pillow and blanket on just as carefully. While doing that she couldn't help but feel a little angry about Angel waking her up. She had been in the middle of a perfectly wonderful dream.

Big Mactinosh and her having a picnic today. She blushed with excitement and started humming happily. Any signs of her being upset from Angel's little stunt was gone.

Today was gonna be perfect, just like in the dream, nothing could go wrong.

She hopped her way down the stairs to the kitchen where she then fed all the animals in a rare haste. She had to hurry up so she had enough time to cook the most flawless meal for the picnic.

"The best way to a stallion's heart is through his stomach," she sang quietly.

After a while she put the food in a basket and put a red-white checkered cloth on top. Eagerly she checked for something nice to wear. She had avoided asking Rarity because she knew that she'd exaggerate and make something over the top. Fluttershy didn't exactly have that much clothes and was near giving up when Angel and the other animals showed a flower wreath they'd made for her.

She squealed and thanked her friends.

This is kind of like Cinderella, she thought, giggling, as she put her mane up in a simple ponytail, leaving some locks hang loose to frame her face. She then put on the flower wreath on. It was like her own crown. She considered making a flower wreath for Big Macintosh, so he could have one too. She thought about his red fur and what kind of flowers would look nice together with it.
Some of the birds put some flowers in her tail also.

Fluttershy couldn't stop smiling, even if she wanted to.

"Thank you once again everyone, but I'll be fine on my own now." The pegasus took the basket in her mouth and gave everyone an appreciative nod.

If she was going to do this she was going to do this right.

And with that she left her home and flew off to the meeting place until she heard the familiar noise of the mild river, harmony ringing in her ears. No chirping from birds and animals, though.

She was on her own this time. And she wasn't scared.

Fluttershy placed the basket on the soft grass gently and spread the checkered cloth out. She then sat on it, eyes averted when she looked around for her date. Date. Her stomach felt light butterfly wings fluttering. A date. She and Big Macintosh. Big Mactinosh and she. Dating.

It was almost to good to be true.

***

Big Macintosh woke up extra early that morning with a big sheepish smile on his face. He got up from the bed and planted his hooves on the wooden floor before tucking Smartypants back to bed.

"Sorry fer' waking you up," he whispered, being aware of that this was far earlier than the usual time they both usually woke up.

He then rushed to the window and slided the curtains out of the way. It was a beautiful day today. The sun was half way up, coloring the sky a light shade of orange, and there were no cloud at sight, and judging by how the trees moved there were also a light breeze going on.

He opened the window slightly and inhaled the refreshing air, looking beyond the horizon, knowing that somewhere over there he would meet Fluttershy in some hours.

He was quickly interrupted in his deep thoughts when he heard some violent coughing. The stallion quickly located the coughing and began trotting to Applejack's bedroom carefully.

"Applejack...?" he frowned when seeing that her door was left a little bit open, hearing both Granny Smith's and Applebloom's voices in there as well.

He leaned his head against the door, opening it more only to see an ill looking Applejack in her bed and Granny Smith and Applebloom by it, both looking very worried.

They all turned their attention to him when seeing him standing there in the doorway, looking very confused. "Applejack? What's wrong?" he mumbled looking at the pale earthpony.

"N-nothing's wrong, Big mac," she replied, "Ah'm perfectly fine." Her throat gave her away though and the orange pony was soon coughing heavily once again.

"Nonsense," spluttered Granny Smith with a scowl, glaring half-heartedly at Applejack, "Yer' obviously not 'fine' at all. That's it. Yer' clearly not in shape 'f doing any bucking today."

Applejack opened her mouth to protest but was interrupted by her own coughing. "It will be to much for Big Mac," she said in-between, looking at her brother with green concerned eyes.

Big Macintosh felt the guilt coming at him. Maybe if he hadn't taken that pause yesterday... She'd be alright. He pursed his lips.
"Ah," he started and a picture of Fluttershy flashed through his mind but forced himself to push it away, looking down at his hooves, "Ah'll be fine. Just you rest, sis." He then tilted his head slightly upwards to show her a reassuring smile.

She didn't look too convinced.

"Don't be so stubborn, it's no good for ya." Granny stated, "I'll go make you a lil' something fer' your throat," she then walked out of the room.

Applebloom smiled at her sister, "And it will be fine! The cutie mark crusaders can help Big Mac out," she quipped.

"Eeyup," Big Macintosh agreed, "It will be fine. The cutie mark crusaders are helping me, after all." His voice dropped a little bit at the end.

He just hoped that Fluttershy would forgive him for this.