• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 3,575 Views, 135 Comments

Pennywise - Live Light



Some ponies are afraid of clowns. There's something about them. But what is it about this clown?

  • ...
4
 135
 3,575

Solution

PENNYWISE

Chapter 9

-----

Noir Shade's Journal

Day 41

It has come to our attention that Pinkie Pie has realised the method of Pennywise's Modus Operandi. We already know that It uses one's greatest fear to take It's prey. But it seems It is weak against those who do not believe in It. Therefore, most adults do not see or hear It, and generally ignore It without knowing. It is easier to eat children, as they would believe in many things potentially impossible, and are easily frightened.

Today, there was a balloon floating into my office, with a string carrying a rolled up paper. I had taken a look at it. It depicted Pennywise, depicted as a human, which may be his form where he comes from, under a sewer and offering a paper boat and a balloon to a younger human in a yellow raincoat. I started wondering what the significance of it was... I noticed there was now blood-red writing on the paper, telling me to look behind it.

There was a picture of a sort of circus. Except there were a bunch of humans all over the place, some who looked like locals, a few people with balloons, a person on stilts, and some acrobatic clown somersaulting closer to the camera. As soon as I realized who this was supposed to be, I heard a monstrous growl as he pointed directly at me, ran closer, and climbed up a lamppost so he could look at me face-to-face. It was bad enough I was looking at what looked like an actual human directly, it was scary from the fact it was Pennywise, and he was addressing me directly.

"Hi, Noir! How's it hangin'?" He asked me. I didn't answer.

"Come in here with us, there's all sorts of surprises here! And balloons, too!"

I shook my head quickly, as if in some sort of willing conversation.

"But of course, there's the problem with me being your enemy..." He began, "That makes you my prey... but I have a bunch of stuff planned for ya!"

I scowled, trying to forget any fear I have.

"After all, Clowns are for entertainment, but who says they can't have a bit of fun before dinner? Speaking of dinner, take a look in your refrigerator! If it's not running, that is!"

I calmly put the paper on the desk. I went to the refrigerator, as if I was a child following orders from a parent/guardian... I don't know why, I just felt intrigued.

I opened the refrigerator, and the room is then flooded with balloons, of all shapes, sizes and colours. I threw what got in my face away from me, and I found a disturbing sight... the dismembered head of an officer. I put a hoof to my mouth, feeling like I could vomit. To make matters worse, the head opened his eyes, and looked directly at me.

"Hello, Detective, nice to see you. How's the investigation going?" He asked.

I just stared in shock, not quite believing what I'm seeing.

"Obviously not very well if I'm here like this. At least I've gotten my severance pay," He joked. I wasn't sure whether I was frightened or slightly amused by the fact he was practically attempting a stand-up routine.

"Hmm," Pennywise's voice filled the air, "This looks a little familiar... I guess I'm getting repetitive." He then giggled maniacally.

"And it's true what they say," the officer continued, "In the deadlights, everything floats. They all float down here, and you will too!"

I immediately closed the door on this.

"Thanks for participating in our unnatural act!" Pennywise exclaimed as if he were some sort of magician at the circus, "Come back any time, and bring your friends! They'll surely be surprised for my next act!" He laughed maniacally once more, before I ran to the paper and tore it to shreds.

If I get more experiences like this, I'll be driven mad...

-----

Applebloom and Scootaloo were walking to Rarity's Boutique to visit Sweetie Belle, considering all the things that had happened. Scootaloo wouldn't really admit this, especially not to Rainbow Dash, her idol, but the situation has made her a bit nervous of clowns. Not quite all the way to afraid, just nervous. Applebloom now just wanted to hurt any clown that she happened to see... though, she was told to be nice to Funny Bones.

They arrived at the Boutique, and Applebloom knocked on the door. In a matter of seconds, Rarity answered.

"Oh, hello, girls. I assume you'd like to see Sweetie Belle?" She asked.

"Yeah, Miss Rarity," Applebloom replied, "Can we see 'er?"

"I don't see why not. Your visits certainly keep her spirits up." She stepped aside so they could come in. The Crusaders nodded, and walked in, heading to Sweetie Belle's room, where they assumed she would be.

Sure enough, they found her in her room, reading a book. Though they couldn't see what exactly it was she was reading, they assumed it was a book she had borrowed from Twilight's library, which she usually read. It was basically a book about how to improve one's singing, as the other two Crusaders once suggested that she should try singing, but she wasn't feeling sure her voice was good enough for a Cutie Mark, so she got this book. She tried a few methods, but they either involved breaking glass or making her not sound like herself. Rather than accept her voice was probably perfect, however, she decided to keep on reading.

She looked up from the book, and her face brightened up.

"Hi, girls! How are you?" She asked.

"We're fine, Sweetie Belle," Scootaloo said, "In fact, we're more than fine!"

"Uh huh... why?" Sweetie asked, wondering why they were 'more than fine' when there was a Killer Klown from Outside Equestria... and then she noticed she had spelt Clown with a K... Must be the alliteration in this book, she thought.

"Well, we were watching our TV's, an-" Scootaloo began,

"TV? Really?" Applebloom asked.

"...Saying Televisional Device is too slow..." Scootaloo said. Applebloom shrugged.

"Anyway," Scootaloo got back on track with what she was saying, "We were watching our TV's, and then there was the commercial with a sort of expert in the supernatural who calls himself Bob Grey."

"What kind of name is 'Bob'?" Sweetie Belle asked with an unsure look on her face.

"What kind of name is Tyler?" Scootaloo countered, referencing Live Light's adopted son.

"...Mean example, but fine." Sweetie Belle said, "Anyway, you're pretty sure he's the solution to our problems?"

"Yeah, pretty sure, he looked friendly and awesome. Not as awesome as Rainbow Dash, but still!" Scootaloo replied.

Applebloom deadpanned, "Seriously though," She said, "He did look convincin'."

"Well... if you two are fine with it, then I guess it's okay to go... where's he at?" Sweetie asked.

"Th' commershull said he'd be in th' room next t' that detective fella, Dusk Shadow, or somethin'."

"Noir Shade." Scootaloo corrected.

"Yeah. That."

"Okay then..." Sweetie Belle said, "Let's go now!"

-----

End of Chapter...