• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 3,574 Views, 135 Comments

Pennywise - Live Light



Some ponies are afraid of clowns. There's something about them. But what is it about this clown?

  • ...
4
 135
 3,574

Journal

PENNYWISE

CHAPTER 6

-----

Fluttershy, followed by Light and his son, Tyler, walk over to her cottage. She wasn't too sure who Light was at this point, but he's obviously been through a lot. She's rather kind. Maybe too kind.

"W-we're here..." Fluttershy said, as they arrived at the cottage. Light and Tyler looked around them, with amazed looks on their faces, admiring the plants, the grass, and all the animals around it.

"It's simply beautiful..." Light said.

"O-oh... really?" Fluttershy asked, blushing a little.

"Yeah, it's awesome!" Tyler replied.

"What he said." Light added.

"T-thank you both..."

They all went inside the cottage. They were quite impressed with everything from the inside as well. All the nice furniture, decorations, and the place smelled good too.

"You have a really nice house, Miss Fluttershy!" Tyler said. Light seemed to be spending a lot of time walking around the place, examining every bit of the place. When he was finished,

"Yep, very nice indeed!"

"Thanks again..." Fluttershy said.

-----

Noir Shade's Journal

Day 33, Entry 1

New information about Pennywise the Clown has been very helpful. From what I've gathered, he is not equine in nature at all, and is, in fact, a being that perhaps no definitive shape or form. As I thought, it uses the appearance and personality of a clown as a sort of method of familiarity. From Live Light's encounter, the clown was originally not a pony shape. Perhaps the fact it chose to identify itself as the fictional species of 'humans' means that it comes from a world where humans are real, or it merely likes this form due to the unfamiliarity. However, I'm going to go with the former, as it doesn't explain why he can't become a human clown at this point.

A slight bit of testament to the creature not being equine in origin is a new victim we've found, in the Everfree Forest. While looking for a possible den for It to hide in, detectives found the remains of a Manticore, torn up in a way nopony has seen, yet similar to how Cobalt Royale ended up. Anypony claimed by this creature were not just victims. They were prey.

Soon after the Elements of Harmony (and Light) left, a balloon appeared beside me and popped (with nothing splattered onto me). Aside from hearing mocking laughter from somewhere, nothing else seemed to have happened to me. Seems to me It's trying to test me.

-----

The Mane 6 were at Sugarcube Corner, discussing recent events. Everypony around them noticed how different they seemed since It came to Ponyville. Strands of hair were sticking up in Twilight Sparkle's mane, Applejack had been bucking trees with only the most perfect of apples, Rarity's boutique was doing much less, Rainbow seemed to stay grounded a bit more than usual, Pinkie Pie's mane and tail were still as straight as the time she thought her friends abandoned her, and Fluttershy seemed somewhat fidgety.

"I simply can't find the time to work on dresses at the boutique," Rarity began, "I'm too worried about Sweetie Belle to continue work..."

"I'm not usually this paranoid..." Rainbow said,

"Same here." Applejack said.

"I'm not sure what to say..." Twilight began, "This creature just defies all matter of logical explanation... it's like he was created to annoy us."

"Or frighten us." Pinkie said. "Worked so far."

"Well, you coulda tried giggling at the ghostly, right?" Rainbow asked.

"Remember what I said about it being hard to tell if It was a ghostly or not? Try to remember, next time you ask a question with an obvious answer." Pinkie replied, with an irritated tone to her voice. Rainbow flinched.

"...I'm sorry, Dashie..." She offered, "I just feel really useless, nowadays..."

"It's alright, Pinkie," Rainbow replied, accepting her apology.

"So, Fluttershy, how are your guests?" Rarity asked Fluttershy.

"Oh... they're fine," She replied, "Tyler's very nice, and Light's fine too... when we see him."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"Well... I gave him permission to work in solitude, inside one of my sheds." She explained.

"Did we ever get rid of all the... 'decorations'... your impostor left one day?" Pinkie glumly asked.

"I helped with that," Twilight explained. "Never know when a changeling is gonna take somepony's place, I guess..."

"Anyway..." Fluttershy continued, "He studies in there a lot, mostly on his novel. But he does come around when I serve dinner."

"Well... as long as his son trusts 'im, he should be fine." Applejack said.

Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

-----

Noir Shade's Journal

Day 36, Entry 1

We got another complaint today, from a stallion called Haystack. He said something about It taking the form of his father, and taunting him. It followed him, telling him things like, "You remind me of someone I know..." and proceeded to call him things like 'Fat Boy,' wondering if he had 6 other friends in a group named 'The Losers' Club', and commenting how nice it would be to have a little reunion. Eventually, Haystack apparently eluded him, but was unsure where It knows him from... perhaps an equal from his world?

-----

End of Chapter...