• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 3,574 Views, 135 Comments

Pennywise - Live Light



Some ponies are afraid of clowns. There's something about them. But what is it about this clown?

  • ...
4
 135
 3,574

Lair

PENNYWISE

CHAPTER 12

______________________________________________________________

Fluttershy put on her saddlebags, before looking at herself in the mirror. Her mane was slightly messier than usual, but she didn't bother fixing it. After being let out of the hospital, she and Light had headed home to prepare, as had everypony else. She swallowed. She and her friends were going to the sewers to face It. She had thought to bring meat, as a sort of distracting meal for It, a sort of Mace spray provided by Angel, and a few rocks.

She breathed in deep, looked away from the mirror, and headed for the door.

"Wait a moment," Light said. Fluttershy looked back.

"I'm gonna need to talk to Tyler about this. You go. I'll catch up."

"...Okay... be careful." Fluttershy replied, before heading for the door. She opened it, and looked outside. A storm was beginning, and it was raining. She felt a tapping on her back left hoof. She looked back, and saw Angel Bunny standing there, giving her a concerned look that said, 'Are you sure?'

Fluttershy sighed, and looked at him.

"Angel... I have to do this. It has done enough harm to us. If we let It continue, It'll continue killing everypony... and all the other animals here..." Fluttershy explained. "I'm doing this for us, Angel. For all of us."

Angel looked at her for a while. He shed a tear, then hugged her hoof. Fluttershy couldn't help but shed a tear as well. It wasn't too common for him display this sort of affection. And it happens on what could be the last time they would see each other.

"I...I-i gotta go, Angel..." Fluttershy reluctantly said. Angel slowly let her go, keeping a brave face. "I promise to come back. Love you, Angel."

-----

Fluttershy arrived to the Sewer covering known as a 'manhole.' There, she found Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie and Funny Bones waiting, with their own saddlebags wrapped around them.

"Where's Light?" Bones asked Fluttershy.

"He said he was going to speak to Tyler about where he was going, and that he'd catch up with us..." Fluttershy answered.

"He's not going to catch up with us if we go now," Twilight said, "We'll have to find some way to tell him."

The group spotted a familiar grey coated pegasus mailmare flying across. Twilight had an idea.

"Hey, Ditzy, could we ask you to do something for us please?" Twilight called.

-----

The group descended into the sewer with the ladder. The sewers looked just as expected. Dark, damp, and had all sorts of things around the corridors. The smell was simply terrible. Twilight's horn glowed as she used her magic to create a pulse. Everypony could smell freshness, and sighed in relief, as they wouldn't have to suffer with the smell.

Bones noticed something on the ground. "What's that?" He pointed a hoof. Everypony looked, and saw one of the fuzzy orange buttons Pennywise would wear on his suit. After a moment of wondering why it was there, Twilight duplicated it multiple times, and decided to use it as a method of keeping track of where they were in the sewers. They continued onward.

-----

It's Thoughts

Ever since my appearance in this world... I've had a pretty good amount of meals. So many adults have the potential to believe, and yet, there are still some who do. I'm not surprised, as I shouldn't be.

After all, there are other monsters out there. But the reason why I stand out among the rest... I am the one thing everything will fear. Beings like Tak cannot rival my power, the Langoliers remind me of evil meatballs covered with fur, and the Tommyknockers didn't deserve their nursery rhyme. Gan apparently does not exist in this world... good.

But as powerful as I am... I have my limits... as proven by the Loser's Club...

These midget horses, however... they're nothing special, surely.

-----

The seven ponies slowly and carefully trotted through the damp corridors of the sewers. On occasion, they would see a decomposed body part, an item of clothing, accessories, and even discarded and bloodied currency. Rarity tried her best not to faint here. She did feel being here was rather undignified for a lady, but that doesn't matter much with a beast such as Pennywise inhabiting Ponyville.

Twilight hoped to get rid of this monster. She wasn't sure whether she would go as far as killing, but if she did, it would certainly not be as bad as what It did to others.

Applejack didn't want a thing like that threatening her little sister. She honestly wished to end It in the most punishing manner possible.

Rainbow Dash feels the need to get revenge on It for doing all that it's done, and giving her a paranoia of clowns.

Pinkie Pie simply wishes to smile again. She doesn't feel right about killing, but it's the only way, in her opinion.

Funny Bones wishes to put the memory of Cobalt Royale to rest. He wants to stop this thing.

Fluttershy definitely wanted to stop It, but she was feeling rather concerned on how Light was doing...

There was a growling sound, and everypony stopped in their tracks. They heard the vengeful voice of Pennywise speak to them.

"Leave, now! While you still can!"

"Show yerself, ya coward!" Applejack yelled.

The sound of chuckling filled their ears.

"You still think you can see me?" He chuckled some more, until his ghastly visage appeared like some floating aura. "You'll never see me. You'll see only what your little minds allow your eyes to see. So turn back, for if you stay... you shall be caught... in my Deadlights. Like all the others."

He smirked evilly at the ponies. "Like all the others." He began chuckling, until it turned into guffawing and mocking, maniacal laughter, as his image slowly shifted into thin air.

"We gotta find 'im..." Applejack said.

"And fast," Rainbow added.
...

...

...

Applejack looked around. Rainbow was there, but nopony else. The group has been seperated.

"...Where is everypony?"

-----

Twilight and Rarity looked around for their friends.

"How could we have gotten separated so easily?" Rarity asked.

"Remember what we're here for, Rarity," Twilight said, "We don't know the limits to what It can do. Expect the unexpected." With that, she trotted forward through the corridor.

"...Easier said that done, darling..." Rarity said to herself, with a deadpan expression, before following Twilight.

-----

Pinkie Pie looked around the place nervously, while Funny Bones took a moment to verify the situation.

"Where is everypony..." Pinkie murmured warily... "If we're seperated like this, it'll be easier for It to get us..."

"We'll be fine." Bones said.

"No, we won't, Funny, no! We won't!" Pinkie yelled hysterically, "We're sitting ducks now! How am I supposed to believe we're going to be fine!?"

She was surprised when she was suddenly pulled in an embrace.

"Because I'm not letting us get hurt if It finds us..." he said, "Until then, try to be confident for me, alright?"

Gradually, Pinkie began to feel all warm inside, and hugged him back, smiling. "I'll try..."

-----

"U-um... hello?" Fluttershy called out. There was nopony with her.

She swallowed hard. She had to be as brave as she could. She carefully trotted onwards.

She noticed her corridors were getting increasingly bloody, gore-y, and desolate. There were webs appearing all over walls, corners, the ceiling, even the floor. Some of them even held body parts in them, probably as food being saved for later.

She comes across a box in the middle of a corridor. She has a look at it. On the inscription, it says

Jack 'Attack' In The Box

Don't open until Christmas !

Fluttershy looked rather confused. She wasn't sure what 'Christmas' is, and the fact Pennywise apparently owns a Jack-In-The-Box (What kind of name is Jack...?) means it's probably trouble. She shook her head, and continued on. She checked behind her, in case the Jack-In-The-Box attacked for some reason. It was still sitting there. Fluttershy sighed, and trotted on.

She saw messages written in blood, such as, 'IT,' 'THEY FLOAT,' 'WHO' and 'HELP.' This served to unnerve her further. Eventually, the messages had turned to drawings, looking like they were drawn by schizophrenics, sometimes even drawing menacing and disturbing faces. She started walking a lot faster.

After some amount of time, she had reached an extensive room. The room had a large amount of blood, guts, and webbing. The webbing even had other ponies wrapped in them, stuck to the wall. Some were dead, some were unconscious, and a few were catatonic. She saw Pipsqueak's parents. They were alive. She saw the remains of a manticore, which shocked her extremely, as she couldn't imagine what form It would take to take down a creature of this magnitude. And then she saw...

Live Light... not wearing his cloak... catatonic, and looking like he hasn't eaten in days.

She stared at him, shocked. He stared at the ground blankly.




"Hey there..." His voice filled the room... but the source wasn't Light. The source was at a dark corner. She slowly turned her head to it, and saw two pure blue eyes staring at her, narrowed in a scowl. The source walked closer towards her. Light's familiar appearance came out of the shadows, wearing his cloak, but somewhat torn and ragged.

Fluttershy, confused, looked from the catatonic Light, to the Light standing there. Gradually, realization dawned upon her, and she looked at Light in horror.

He was suddenly missing his wings, in a clown suit, having a red, wild balding, and wearing clown make-up. His face twisted into a more familiar shape. It grinned maliciously.

"Told you I'd catch up..." Pennywise said with murderous glee.

-----

End of Chapter...