• Published 2nd Nov 2012
  • 1,236 Views, 11 Comments

Legends of the Mane Six : FIRST BOOK - Cedric Inuzuka



Join Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Mane Six in the adventure of their live. AU Equestria

  • ...
4
 11
 1,236

Prologue

Big thank to Kidak for pre reading this chapter

PROLOGUE:

The story begins.

Three young shadows were trotting into the night, whispers of “we're nearly here... This is our last clue...” could be heard in the dark alleys of the small village, after a while they had reached their destination, the front door of a bar. They took a moment to catch their breath, and then went into the tavern.

The inside was nothing exceptional. The first things that they noticed was the smell of cheap cider and sweating. The bartender was wiping a pint while watching the three newcomers, but after a few seconds went back to his task; towards the end of the room, near the fireplace stood a bard. As soon as the three strangers entered, the minstrel said “come here, come here my little pony but before that, tell me yours names.”

“I'm Sweetie Belle” answered the first one “this is Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.”

“That’s a nice name you have, put your hood down and let me see your face”

“Why? We don't have time for that...”

“And what is it you have time for?”

“The truth about the six mares that saved Equestria in the past”

“You seem a little too old for this tale; maybe you'll prefer something more...”

“Shut up bard” yelled the one called Scootaloo “we know the truth, so tell us what we're looking for.”

“He he he, can't fool you, right? Why don't we go somewhere we won't be disturbed?”

“Like where?” Asked the third one.

“Upstairs to my room, follow me young ones.”

Ten minutes later, they were in the bard's bedroom which was equipped with only a bed, a small fireplace, a table and a door that lead to the bathroom “now that we are far from prying eyes, maybe you can remove your travelling cloak and let me see your face.”

The three young fillies took off their cloaks, Underneath they were wearing leather armor from neck to their hooves, the minstrel stared a little too long their clothes ' hum, it's been awhile since I had seen this kind of leather armor' and asked “so my little ponies, if I remember correctly, your names are Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo but who is who? You the unicorn, are you Apple Bloom?”

“No no, I'm Sweetie Belle” Answered the right filly “Apple Bloom is the Earth pony and Scootaloo is the Pegasus one.”

“Damn right I am” added the young orange mare.

“Yeah a Pegasi who flies like a chicken” whispered Apple Bloom but not quietly enough.

“What did you say apple worm?” Retorted the filly with the purple mane.

“what did you call me cloud hugger?”

“OH, IT'S BUCKING ON!” Shouted Scootaloo before jumping on the light yellow pony.

The bard watched them fight for a moment then turned to Sweetie Belle “You're not going to separate them?”

“No, they'll calm down, eventually.”

“If you say so...”

A couple of minutes later, Apple Bloom was holding Scootaloo on the ground “Heyyyyaahh, this make twenty to eleven, Ah'm still the best.”

“Yeah yeah, can we move on? We're here for a reason and that isn't to see who's the best at wrestling” reminded the unicorn.

“Thus you three want to know the story of the six legendary heroes of Equestria” said the minstrel as if the fight had never occurred.

'I thought that was pretty clear since we entered this place' sighed Scootaloo in a low voice that nopony heard.

“Put yourself at ease, it's a very long story and I don't think you want to stay on your hooves for that long. Why don’t you take spot in front of the fireplace. I must have some refreshments and a light snack too, if you want some.” offered their host indicating the chimney.

"Sure, why not? We had a rough day finding you" said the earth pony, settling in front of the fireplace with her two traveling companions.

“Oh, I'm sure that's a tale of great achievements from your part and I'm eager to listen how you've found me, not that I was trying to hide myself, not too hard, hehe...”

“Yeah, yeah, we know who you are and that if you don't want to be found, nopony can do it. But can we focus on the task at hoof?” Inquired the white unicorn.

“The legend of the mane six isn't it? Hum hum, let's start by remember how Equestria was ruled by the two Alicorn princesses, Celestia the sun and Luna the moon; do you remember how these two defeated the despot Discord and established a regime of harmony? I'm sure you know this story, so let's progress a few hundred years forward in time and begin our tale in the palace of Canterlot with a purple unicorn named Twilight Sparkle...”


And then the story of the Mane Six began.