• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 11,516 Views, 42 Comments

Sonic Adventure in Equestria - SonvsMar



Sonic and friends are sent to the dimension of Equestria, where positive chaos meets pure harmony.

  • ...
34
 42
 11,516

Rival(?) Battle: Rainbow Dash

Editor's Note: Sorry this took so long. I've been busy with the rest of my life, and I haven't really been interested in writing. I'm still going to take a while with this, as I'm planning on including some of the upcoming episodes into the story. But, without further ado, let's continue on with the story.


Sonic woke up feeling much more refreshed than when he woke up in the strange shrine. When he checked around the room, he noticed that Twilight and Spike were still asleep. Not wanting to wake them up, Sonic quietly walked downstairs and out the door, before speeding off wherever he felt like going. He planned on exploring the area around Ponyville, but not straying far from it, as he had promised to tell Twilight and her friends that he would be leaving for a while to find the next Chaos Emerald. He first explored the town, which was still covered in scrap metal after the beat down Sonic gave the robots. Nobody was out of their homes, and it seemed as if everyone in town was asleep. What Sonic did not notice was a small cloud floating behind him, and chasing him wherever he ran. What was piloting the cloud was none other than Rainbow Dash, who was still angry at Sonic for not only stealing her style, but also denying her a race.
"That coward knows that I'm faster than him!" she whispered to herself, " I bet he's not even a real hero. He's just making up stories! Let's see how cool he acts after a little shock!" With that, Rainbow Dash struck the cloud with considerable force, causing a huge lightning bolt to form, and fire at the seemingly unsuspecting hedgehog. The loud noise that also erupted from the cloud alerted Sonic, and woke up every citizen in town.
"What the-!" Sonic yelled, looking back just in time to see a lightning bolt heading towards him. Sonic quickly sidestepped to the right to avoid the bolt. He stopped running, and turned around to mock the failed attempt of an attack. "Alright, who had the bight idea to try and attack the fastest thing alive?" Who he saw was both surprising, yet not surprising at the same time. "What's your problem?! I thought we were all friends here?!" Sonic asked Rainbow.
"My problem is you! You're too chicken to race me, because you know I'll win!" Rainbow replied with yet another angry look on her face.
"So because I don't want to race you, you decide to attack me?!"
"Yeah, because you're too much of a chicken to do anything about it, let alone race the real fastest thing alive!"
"If that's how you're gonna be, then fine! Come down here and we'll race! I'll even let you decide the racetrack." By now, everyone was fully awake, and circled around the two, wondering what was happening, including all of Sonic's new friends.
"Sonic, Rainbow Dash, what are you two doing?" Twilight asked them, still a bit tired.
"I'm about to beat this spotlight stealer in a race!" Rainbow smugly replied.
"Twilight, is she normally like this?" Sonic asked.
"Well, sort of, but not usually to this extent."
"Well I feel so special that I'm being treated with enough attention to have a lightning bolt thrown at me!"
"What?!" Twilight gasped in shock, "Rainbow, is this true?!"
"Yeah! How else would I get him to race with me?"
"You could've tried asking me nicely at first instead of yelling in my face, demanding that I race you, then throwing a lightning bolt at me when I wouldn't!" Sonic sarcastically answered her question.
"Whatever. You and I are going to race through the path of the Running of the Leaves! The path is still set from the recent race!"
"I don't know what the Running of the Leaves is, but whatever. I'll beat you in this race, and maybe then you'll have some common sense." All of the citizens, plus the two racers went to the starting point of the Running of the Leaves track. Most of the ponies were rooting for Rainbow to win, but Twilight and her friends were wondering what was up with Rainbow Dash.
"This is really weird." Twilight pondered, "Rainbow wouldn't go as far as assaulting somepony who she wanted to race with, right?"
"I don't know Twilight." Applejack responded, "She certainly loves boasting about her speed. I makes sense that she'd try whatever it would take to race somepony who says their faster than her."
"Oh dear. I hope those two will be okay." Fluttershy said, but was unheard thanks to the roaring crowd, and Pinkie Pie's sudden announcing over a microphone.
"Fillies, and gentlecolts, I give you the most epicest of epic races you've ever seen occur since the Running of the Leaves Race between Applejack and Rainbow Dash! Get ready to see the latter mentioned pony, ready for a one-on-one race with her newest competitor, the tall, the blue, the new guy in town, Sonic the Hedgehog!" Pinkie yelled to the crowd in a hot air balloon. The crowd went wild, cheering for Rainbow Dash, as she and Sonic got ready for the race to begin. "On your marks... get set..."
"GO!"
The two racers sped off into the woods, both of them going at the same speed.
"Get ready to cry, spotlight stealer." Rainbow Dash said with a cocky tone.
"Now, how could I steal a spotlight that was meant for me in the first place?" Sonic replied with a smirk. Rainbow Dash frowned at that, expecting him to lose his cool.
"Whatever! You'll see who it was meant for once I win!" she replied angrily, and then sped off ahead, thinking that she had seized victory from that moment, when suddenly a voice on her right said...
"Not a bad looking forest. What's with all of these leaves on the ground though? Is it Fall? It's not even that cold out here." Rainbow Dash looked to her right to see Sonic running beside her like before, with a smug grin that made Rainbow Dash even angrier.
"See if you can keep up with me after I go faster than this!" she said confidently. She flapped her wings even faster, and once again, dashed ahead, but Sonic just as easily caught up with her once more, faking a yawn when he got beside her again.
"Grr! What's with you?! How are you able to keep up with me?!"
"Wow, you really don't listen well, do you? If you don't pay attention the first time, then I won't explain a second time. You'll just have to be left in the dark." Sonic replied, mocking her as he usually does his enemies.
"And you'll be left in the dust, because this race will be over when I do a sonic rainboom!" Rainbow boasted with a confident look.
"Really now? We'll see about that."
Rainbow Dash flapped her wings as fast as she could, causing a cone to surround her. In a few seconds, she boosted ahead one last time, creating a sonic rainboom, which caused Sonic to get pumped, and finally get into this race.
"Yeah! Now we're talking! Here we... GO!" Sonic yelled, and preformed his signature sonic boost, breaking the sound barrier with no effort. He easily caught up to Rainbow Dash, and was neck-and-neck with her on a straight path to the finish line.
"WHAT?! HOW DID YOU CATCH UP TO ME?!" Rainbow asked Sonic once more, an exasperated, worn-out look on her face.
"I know I said I wouldn't explain again if you didn't listen the first time, but I'll make an exception for you." Sonic replied, looking as energized as when the race started, "I'm the fastest thing alive, and you just lost this race!" Sonic sped ahead of Rainbow Dash this time, as he crossed the finish line seconds before she did.
"Wha... How... Why..." Rainbow Dash tried to speak, but couldn't, due to her being out of breath from flying so fast, and the fact that she lost a race at full speed. "Nopony is that fast!" The crowd, after being silent due to Sonic actually winning the race, finally came back to their senses, and agreed with Rainbow Dash.
"Well, you never said anything about hedgehogs." Sonic replied with a grin, not even tired from running.
"No... No! No! No! How could I lose?! I'm the fastest flyer in Equestria! I can't lose! I just can't!" Rainbow screamed, and flew off to her home.
"Hey, will she be alright?" Sonic asked Twilight, concerned for Rainbow Dash.
"She'll get over it eventually. I can't believe you actually won! How were you able to go that fast without wings?" she replied.
"I was just born like this. It's not that big of a deal."
"Considering you beat Rainbow, I'd say that is a mighty-fine big deal." Applejack spoke up. Sonic just smirked at this, and turned to wave to the crowd...
only to discover that they were only interested in Rainbow Dash winning the race, and left after she did.
"Gee, this sure is a great morning so far." Sonic said sarcastically.
"Oh, that's right! We were going to send you off this morning so you can go find the Chaos Emeralds." Twilight remembered. So sonic and the five ponies bid farewell for now, as Sonic used the emerald he acquired from Knuckles to search for the next one.
Little did he know that he would be returning to the most dangerous forest in Equestria: The Everfree Forest.