• Published 14th Mar 2024
  • 334 Views, 7 Comments

Of Pony Princesses and Floral Friends - SociallyAnxious247

  • ...
 7
 334

Chapter 2 - Dating Advice, Part Two

Twilight paced around, being unable to sit still on a park bench nearby. In a flash of sky blue magic, a slightly taller than average alicorn mare appeared.

“Twily!” Cadence called, walking over.

“Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clop your hooves and do a little shake!” the two princesses recited, laughing.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” Cadence asked, following Twilight as they took a slow walk through Ponyville’s local park.

“Two days ago, I used a spell to teleport myself into a… different world,” Twilight explained. “When I was there, I met and befriended somebody. I stayed there two nights and yesterday because he had trouble sleeping on his own. I’m… going back tonight.”

“So you’re wondering how ethical it is to keep going back every night despite your duties here?” Cadence guessed.

“No, it’s not that,” Twilight said. “Yesterday, before we went to sleep, he… he said he loved me. Which is fine. We’re friends, and there’s a certain amount of love that friends have for each other. This morning, right before I left, he said it again. There was a kind of… desperation in his voice when he said it. And he… Well, he kissed me on the cheek once. He likes resting his head in my mane sometimes, and he’s nuzzled my hoof twice now. Both times were to comfort me, but still!”

Cadence thought for a minute. “Okay, so he wants to be with you,” she nodded. “Do you feel the same way?”

“I… I don’t know,” Twilight sighed. “There’s this feeling that I get. I woke up before him this morning and I saw how happy he looked. I was really happy because he was happy. And when I had to leave, my heart sank. Is that love? Do I feel the same way with my friends here? Maybe I’m just pitying him because he’s so lonely. Maybe that’s why I miss him right now, but… I’m not sure. I’m confused about it and I don’t want to act before I’m sure.”

“Well, that’s the fun thing about love, Twily,” Cadence said with a smile. “Sometimes you have to accept that you may never be sure. Sometimes you can’t predict what will happen, and that’s okay!”

“Cadence, I just met him,” Twilight said. “I don’t think I should bring it up yet.”

“Then don’t bring it up.” Cadence put a wing around Twilight’s shoulders. “Wait for a little bit. Get to know him better. If you don’t fully trust yourself to make the right decision without putting it off, then put it off.”

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank you, Cady. I don’t think I would have come to a decision by tonight without that. I-”

“Tonight?!” Cadence asked.

“Well, yes. He has trouble sleeping if he’s alone,” Twilight said sheepishly. “So I’m going back tonight to calm him down. I promised I would visit as often as I could. He’s really lonely.”

“I see. Okay, just try not to steer the conversation towards romance for now,” Cadence said. “And make an effort to not lead him on.”

Twilight nodded. “Oh yeah, I was going to have dinner with him. I just thought he’d appreciate the company.”

Cadence stared at her blankly. “Does he… know you’re having dinner with him?” she asked slowly.

“I didn’t tell him I was coming so early, no.”

“Okay… Well, just be careful. I believe in you!” Cadence said. “Anyways, I should get back to the Crystal Empire. Shiny was upset that I left him with Flurry, so I’d better hurry back.”

Twilight nodded and watched as Cadence teleported away. She turned back to her castle. “I probably have more paperwork to do already,” she said to herself as she walked back.