• Published 6th Mar 2024
  • 515 Views, 94 Comments

Video Game Journeys: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - CrashGuy41



The Rainbooms find themselves in a world filled with giant mushrooms, a kind-hearted princess and two Italian-American plumbers.

  • ...
2
 94
 515

Rarity at Peach's Castle

Sunset and the others eventually made it across the bridge and came face to face with a giant sunflower wearing sunglasses.

"Greetings, sweet golden perennial of the prairie!" BEEP-0 said.

Just before he could introduce everyone, however, they sunflower immediately spat on Rabbid Luigi.

"What was that for?! We literally just met you!" Sunset roared.

"Hmpf! After that strange creature with the headset got here, those Rabbid guys have been nothing but bad news!" the sunflower scoffed.

"I assure you, THESE Rabbids are not like their colleagues," BEEP-0 said.

"Oh! Well, if you can stop him in this area, I'll happily reward you. He's zapping his brethren left and right - turns them real nasty."

"I don't suppose you would come with us to help?"

"Sorry folks, but it's time THIS flower took things... underground."

And with that, the sunflower disappeared into the ground below.

"Oh, for the love of Celestia! Are you kidding me?!" Sunset roared.

"Well, it looks like we're on our own. Not that we really have that much of a choice, in the matter," BEEP-0 said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Still, he could've at least given us a hint or two!"


The group continued onward over a bride and came up to a cannon that appeared to be broken. They ignored it and continued onward. As they did, however, a Ziggy managed to sneak up on them and dash right into BEEP-0.

"Hey, pal! Why don't you watch what you're doing?!" Sunset roared.

Just then, BEEP-0 got another e-mail from the mysterious S.S. sender. It was about sharpening their skills and learning how to dash into an enemy, as well as team jump. The group did this against this group of Rabbids and ended up victorious. They even managed to defeat another group and were eventually greeted by the sunflower again. He was very pleased by their efforts.

"My friends, the creature with the headset got away, but I suppose you DID clean up his mess around here," the sunflower said happily.

"Aw, it was nothing," Twilight said sheepishly. "We just do what we can."

"And me being a plant of my word, it looks like I owe you a reward."

He spat out a coin, which was caught by Rabbid Peach.

"Seriously?! One lousy coin is all we get?" Rabbid Peach growled.

She tossed the coin at the sunflower. She then tossed several rocks at it, as well as Rabbid Luigi for good measure.

"Ooohh! That's got to hurt!" Sunset cringed.

"No kidding," Twilight said in agreement.

The sunflower shook it off and instead presented them with their REAL reward. A bronze chest. He then went back underground as Sunset opened it up. In it was a model of the sunflower on a pedestal. It then disappeared from Sunset's hands and the group continued onward.


The group crossed a few bridges and found themselves greeted by Toad, a talking bipedal mushroom with a white cap that had red spots on it. He was the loyal servant of Princess Peach, the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom.

"Twilight, look! It's Toad!" Sunset said excitedly.

"He sure doesn't look like a Toad," Twilight said.

Sunset elbowed her in frustration.

"What was that for?!"

"Toad... as in Toadstool! Like a kind of mushroom!"

"Oooooohhhh... D'uh! My bad."

"Thank goodness you're here with Mario!" Toad exclaimed. "Your timing couldn't be more perfect -- I can't find Toadette!"

"Who's Toadette?"

"She looks almost like him, but she wears pink and has braids coming down from her cap, which is actually part of her head," Sunset explained.

"Exactly! Could you guys help me find her? Pleaaaaaaaaaaase?" Toad pleaded.

"Alright, but you're just going to see how annoying it is for us to traverse through these weird pipes!" Twilight grumbled.

"Maybe. But they look so cool!"

"Oh, shut up!"


After their conversation was over, everyone traversed through two sets of pipes. They then saw that a third pipe was broken, so Sunset hit a switch, which fixed it. They traversed though it and eventually met up with Toadette.

"Toadette! I'm so glad you're OK!" Toad exclaimed.

"Oh, I'm fine!" she said. "Who I'm really worried about is Princess Peach,"

"Princess Peach? The Princess of the entire Mushroom Kingdom?! THAT Princess Peach? Her royal highness?" Sunset squealed.

"That's the one. And you are...?"

"My apologies. I'm Sunset Shimmer and this is my friend, Twilight Sparkle."

"Nice to meet you. If it's not too much trouble, could you please go back to Peach's Castle and make sure that everything's alright, over there?"

"Absolutely not!" BEEP-0 barked. "We need to find that Rabbid with the headset before..."

Suddenly, BEEP-0 received another e-mail from the mysterious S.S. recipient. The message told him that everyone should return to Peach's Castle immediately. The e-mail also mentioned a fast-travel system called Sploing, which allowed the party to instantly warp back to Peach's Castle in an instant.


The group instantly warped to the castle, which was just as beautiful as Sunset had imagined it would be. Minus the Rabbids' craziness, that is.

There, standing outside the front gate, was a beautiful young woman about Mario's age with blond hair, a pink dress, white gloves, and a tiara.

This was Princess Peach. Next to her, much to Sunset and Twilight's surprise, was their friend, Rarity.

"Sunset! Twilight! Thank goodness you're alright, darlings!" Rarity called as she ran up to them with Peach.

"Oh! Are these two friends of yours?" Peach asked.

"Most certainly, your highness. These are my friends, Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle."

"It's so nice to meet the two of you."

"A pleasure to meet you, too, Princess," Twilight said as she performed a curtsy.

"Likewise," Sunset said as she performed a curtsy, as well.

For Sunset, these actions came naturally, as she was used to standing before royalty when she used to live in Equestria.

"You've probably already noticed this, but... the Mushroom Kingdom's been torn apart! You have to help Mario to fix it!" Peach said.

She then turned and noticed BEEP-0 and the two Rabbids that were with them.

"Who are the others traveling with you?"

BEEP-0 spoke up immediately.

"Allow me, your highness! I am BEEP-0 -- an autonomously intelligent scientific research and operational assistant," he said.

He then introduced both Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach. Rabbid Peach, however, was less than pleased at Peach's choice of clothing. She was taking her cosplay of the princess extremely seriously, much to Rarity's annoyance.

"Well! I never! I'll have you know that out of all of the people I've met, no one comes to close to having a more reasonable sense of fashion than Princess Peach herself!" Rarity ranted.

"Is your friend always like this?"

"Pretty much," Sunset said.

Just then, Twilight noticed that Rarity had a weapon inside of a holster down by her dress. It was a sci-fi-looking revolver with a beautiful pattern on it. On the top, there was a unicorn-like horn with ears coming out of the part where the spur would normally be. From the back of the ears, there was what looked to be the mane, which resembled Rarity's hair.

"Um, Rarity... What's that you've got down by your leg?" Twilight asked, pointing to the weapon.

"Oh, this thing?" Rarity asked, showing off the weapon. "I'm not really sure, darlings. I had it when I arrived here. It actually managed to freeze something after I fired it. So, I'm calling it the Cold Diamond, due to the diamond-shaped crystals it fires."

"Of course you would," Sunset said, shaking her head.


Suddenly, Rabbid Luigi noticed several other Rabbids hard at work building various facilities around the grounds of Peach's Castle.

"You know, those guys kind of look familiar," Twilight said as she adjusted her glasses.

"It appears as if the Rabbids we freed from the control of that swirling vortex we saw earlier, which I will now refer to as the Megabug, have ended up here -- and no worse for wear, either!" BEEP-0 said.

"It would make sense to call that thing the Megabug, given that it has been corrupting the various Rabbids we've been fighting. Much like what a computer virus does."

"Well, it looks as if they've been really busy with all of this construction," Sunset said.

"Oh, yes. I suggest that you take a look at what they've built, if you have a chance," Peach said.


She pointed over to what looked like a Rabbid-shaped figurehead on a giant metallic hammer.

"I believe that building is called the... Battle HQ? Apparently, you can use it to get more powerful weapons, if you like," Peach said.

She then motioned over to a giant robot-like head building, which was the museum where all of the souvenirs that they collected from bronze and silver chests would be held.

"Come, let us see for ourselves what those Rabbids have been up to," BEEP-0 said. "I suggest we go to the Battle HQ. It never hurts to get some more powerful equipment, should we run into a horde of enemies and not take them out quickly enough."

"I agree with that, BEEP-0," Twilight agreed. "Let's go!"


The group entered the Battle HQ and saw a plethora of weapons, most of which actually had coin prices on them in order to be purchased. Three of them, however, looked very unique. They may have all cost 550 Coins a piece, but it was worth it. They were all pixelated versions of their weapons, complete with their own colorization. There was the Fragmenter, a weapon for Mario, the Retro Deflator, a weapon for Rabbid Peach, and the ASCII Eradicator, a weapon for Rabbid Luigi.



The three of them got rid of their old weapons and equipped these new ones. With these new weapons came more damage to enemies, especially the Ziggys. They also came with things called Super Effects. These were what Twilight were inflicting on the Ziggys after firing her weapon at them. Mario and Rabbid Peach's weapons inflicted a Super Effect called Honey, which stops an enemy from moving on the map. Rabbid Luigi's weapon on the other hand, inflicted a Push Super Effect, which would push the enemy back a few cells on a battle map.


After exiting the Battle HQ, everyone noticed a giant cannon that led back to the Ancient Gardens, the place where they were at earlier.

"Now that the Rabbids have outfitted us with that cannon, I believe it is only right for us to return to the front to catch that Rabbid with the SupaMerge headset!" BEEP-0 said.

"Now, just a moment!" Rarity interjected.

"What is it, Rarity?" Twilight asked.

"I wouldn't want you darlings to go on this journey by yourselves. You're going to need back-up!"

"But, Rarity..."

"Ah, ah, ah! You darlings only got lucky in that last fight you were in. You could've lost all of your HP if you hadn't gotten so lucky. So, like it or not, I'm going with you!"

"Looks like we don't have much of a choice."

"Looks like it," Sunset nodded.

"Alright, then. But if we're in the battlefield, I must warn you. There can only be five combatants out at a time," BEEP-0 said.
"Mario, of course, must always be out, along with at least one Rabbid. Then there's the matter of having at least two of you girls out, as well. Doing this will allow us to strategize against the corrupt Rabbids a lot easier and make sure they don't focus on attacking everyone at once."

"Alright then. Come on, you guys! Let's get going!" Twilight said in determination.

Everyone entered the giant cannon and immediately blasted all the way towards the Ancient Gardens to continue their quest. Little did they know that another ally would be joining them soon. One who was actually related to Mario by blood.

Author's Note:

Once again, credit goes to Dragonknife5 for the design of Rarity's weapon, the Cold Diamond.

For those asking, yes, every time one of the Rainbooms' weapons get introduced, I WILL give credit. It just feels right to give the people who actually came up with the idea the credit they deserve, since they helped contribute a lot to the story. More so than one could even imagine in my eyes.