• Published 13th Oct 2012
  • 443 Views, 1 Comments

Life in Ponyville - Arosis



Different aspect of life in Ponyville

  • ...
 1
 443

Jump through time

It started as a perfectly normal day.

Twilight woke up early in the morning as always, went to the bathroom, where she washed herself a little and because Spike was still sleeping she headed into the kitchen where she started preparing something for breakfast.

Today she was terrible craving for pancakes and so she took a little bit of flour, a few eggs and a cup of milk and began with their preparations.

The mixture was already almost finished and she was just whisking it slowly when she was interrupted by a strange sound behind her back.

Surprised she turned around and there it was. A floating ball of bright white light and the light quickly grew in intensity.

She has already seen that once in her life. Quite obviously someone was using a time travel spell. But who?

The light was growing stronger and stronger until is suddenly it flashed and it was over. There in front of her, at a place where there was nothing just moments ago, stood a strange filly.

Twilight could only see her bright yellow mane peeping out from under her helmet. Everything else was hidden under beautiful silver armor covered with strange glowing magic runes.

That strange filly quickly looked around and when she noticed Twilight she took off her helmet with her hooves.

Twilight's eyes widened in surprise. “Derpy?! How …” But Derpy waved her off with her hoof.

“There is no time for explaining,” said Derpy with a pretty confident voice. “I came from future to deliver you one really important message. If you do not believe me, then at every moment my past self should knock on your door and deliver a letter for you.”

“But…” began Twilight, but was interrupted again by a knock on the front door. Twilight once again gave a puzzled look to her strange visitor and went to answer the door.

“Good morning, Twilight. I brought you a letter,” said Derpy proudly then put her muzzle into her postpony bag and handed the letter to Twilight.

“Oh, ehm. Thanks Derpy.” was the only answer Twilight could put together before she closed the door again.

“See, you can trust me now,” said the other Derpy.

Twilight scratched her head with her hoof an asked one question she had in mind.

“What happened to your eye?” she asked and point her hoof one an eye patch covering one of Derpy’s eyes.

“That is not important right now, Twilight Sparkle. I must deliver my message before my time here in past runs out.”

“Well, OK.” agreed Twilight wearily. It was still morning, but she felt really tired right now.

“That message I must deliver to you is:” began Derpy with an impressive voice. “Have a muffin for today breakfast.”

“Huh? What?” asked Twilight after a while. She was really confused.

“Have a muffin,” repeated excited Derpy. “They are sweet, tasty and full of those amazing bits of chocolate, which I love so much.” She finished dreamily.

“You are telling me that you returned through time to tell me this?!” talked Twilight and her voice sounded a little louder. “Who sent you here anyway?”

“Well it was you and also Pinkie,” answered Derpy with an innocent smile on her face.

“Me?! Why would I do that?” asked surprised Twilight.

“Well, I don’t know. You gave me that armor and explained what I must say, and for that you promised me a full basket of muffins from Pinkie. They are the best.” Derpy was daydreaming again and licked her lips.

“I only remember something about the laws of causality, paradoxes and time loops. If I …” continued Derpy, but she never finished. There was another bright flash of light and that strange Derpy was gone.

Twilight just stood there with a completely blank look on her face and then trotted back to her bed, her pancakes completely forgotten.

“What a horrible morning,” she thought, before she fell asleep again.