• Published 13th Mar 2024
  • 611 Views, 4 Comments

Twilight Sparkle and the Mane Colts - Sopas



Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's student and personal protege, went to Ponyville for the Summer Sun celebration and met five outstanding colts that quivered her heart. What happens when five Colt friends fall in love with the same mare?

  • ...
1
 4
 611

The order of the Princess

"Twilight! Twilight!" Somepony shouted outside the Canterlot tower stairs, which Twilight Sparkle, a lavender-coated unicorn, heard.

"Come along, Spike!" Twilight said while she hurriedly packed up a pile of scrolls in her saddlebag using her unicorn magic.

After Twilight Sparkle spoke, Spike went into the tower Twilight was in. Spike wasn't a somepony but a tiny baby dragon with purple scales and green spikes. "We'll be late to Moon Dancer's party if we don't hurry up!" Spike pleaded at Twilight, which Twilight ignored.

"I'm sorry, Spike, but I don't think we will attend her party. Princess Celestia asked me to check the preparations in Ponyville for the summer sun celebration." Spike sighed, let out a sound of disappointment, and helped Twilight pack up to Ponyville. Not long after, the two of them got outside the tower, down the stairs and went in a carriage ordered by the Princess of Equestria herself. The carriage took off, leaving Canterlot and taking a flight to their destination.

"Twilight, did you remember what Princess Celestia ordered you to do in Ponyville?" Spike asked. Taking the time spent flying to ask an important question. One that might change her whole perspective in life.

"Of course! That's why we are going in the first place." Twilight answered, a little frustrated that Spike questioned her responsibility.

"No, the other order," Spike said. He knew what order she was talking about. Yet, he should remind Twilight what was the point of their journey in Ponyville.

"What do you mean?" Twilight was truly confused, not knowing what Spike meant.

Spike looked at Twilight, expecting her not to know the true reason for the Princess's order and sighed. "To make some friends, that's what the princess wants you to do," Spike responded. Twilight was about to argue with Spike's words until the carriage hit the ground; they had arrived in Ponyville, an ordinary town near Canterlot, a peaceful village where ordinary ponies live harmoniously. All three tribes working together. Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth ponies. Twilight learned all these from a book she read as a filly. She hopped out of the carriage, followed by Spike and thanked the stallions that flew them there.

Walking through the streets of that peaceful town, Spike decided to negotiate with Twilight to make some friends, even if he had to force her into making one. "Twilight, you really should follow the princess' orders. You never break the rules."

"Well, I guess this rule is the only rule I'm going to break." Twilight debated.

"What? No!" Spike was shocked that Twilight wanted to break THIS law.

"Calm down, Spike, you keep saying that I should break some few laws and rebel, and this is it!" Twilight let out a slight grin of victory while Spike looked down at the ground, crouched, letting out a sign that he lost.

They kept walking until Spike could hear a beautiful melody, "Woah! That tune is amazing!" Spike exclaimed. Twilight perched up her ears to listen to what he was hearing,

"Wow! It really is. Come on, let's go. That may be our Sun celebration's choir." Twilight and Spike followed the beautiful melody and stopped just outside a house near the center of the town. It was an ordinary house made of wood and hay. "Are you sure we should go in that house without permission?" Spike asked.

"We're going to knock, of course," Twilight said and approached the door. She was knocking it twice. Nothing happened. Twilight knocked again, but louder, which caused the inside of the house to panic. The both of them were startled by what was happening. Spike saw birds flying in a window and furrowed his brows. The door opened, and a white-coated mare appeared with a blue mane, oversized sunglasses covering her eyes, and big headphones on her head.

"Hello there! My name is Twilight Sparkle. I'm here because I heard a beautiful melody and was wondering if that melody is for the Summer sun celebration?" Twilight asked. The white earth pony nodded after hearing the stranger's reason for knocking on her door. Twilight and Spike smiled in delight. "I am Princess Celestia's protégé and have been ordered to see how the preparations for the celebration are going. Do you mind if we come and see?" Twilight asked again. While the earth pony put on a thoughtful look with a hoof on her chin, she went back inside. She came out and nodded her head again. Twilight and Spike went inside the humble home and saw a colt with light yellow fur and a pink wavy mane. The pegasus colt is near the birds that sang beautifully.

"Hello! You must be the choir representative. My name is Twilight." Twilight extrovertedly said. She looked at the colt expectantly to hear his name.

The Pegasus heard her name and reason when she was outside, but he still covered his eye levelled mane on his face. "My name..." whispered the colt. Twilight looked eager to let the colt finish his sentence; meanwhile, Spike saw a cupcake stand near him and focused his mind on that.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Twilight is trying to hear what the colt is saying, twitching up her ears. All Twilight hears is the mumbling sounds the colt has made for the last 20 seconds.

The colt gave up trying to say his name to the beautiful mare and looked behind her. A cute and tiny dragon! The colt widened his eyes in excitement but contained it after seeing the eager mare. "..um..my name is...Butterscotch." Butterscotch replied, fidgeting his hoofs on the ground. Feeling timid meeting a new pony, especially a mare!

"Butterscotch! Gotcha." Twilight happily said. "Very well! We'll get out of your mane now." She looked to her right and saw Spike almost emptying the cupcake stand. She rolled her eyes, picked him up with her magic telekinesis and went out.

While the two guests are leaving, Butterscotch thinks about how Miss Twilight Sparkle is so patient with him, unlike most ponies who get frustrated by his shyness.

"Those cupcakes were amazing!" Spike said happily. He was forgetting his own mission. To make Twilight have friends.

"Come on, Spike, We have to find the other representatives," Twilight said while finding other ponies responsible for decor, weather, and food since the Music had already been checked.

"Okay, Okay. Why are we in such a hurry anyway? We have a whole day to find them." Spike proclaimed.

"Because I need to find the nearest library after we check that everything is going as planned," Twilight answered.

Spike still confused, "But why?"

Twilight narrowed her eyes, "There's this book I'm very fascinated with—the elements of harmony. And I read that the elements are somewhere near Ponyville. But I don't know exactly where."

"Seriously, Twi?" Spike said. "You know better that the elements of harmony aren't real but a made-up story of really bored ponies."

"I doubt that." Twilight uttered. But before Twilight could defend her answer again, a crash hit her, making her pony figure fly through the ground. "Ow!" Twilight reacted.

"Twilight!" Spike cried.

"Whoops! Sorry about that." A colt on top of the mare said. While getting up.

"Watch where you're going," Twilight grunted, getting up and touching her head with her hoof.

"Haha, yeah, I always do." The blue pegasus colt with a rainbow-coloured mane said.

"So you crashed into me on purpose?" She narrowed her eyes, feeling frustrated, but said the sentence calmly. One of the things she learned while living in the Canterlot castle is not to let out a sign of frustration for a minor reason.

"Duh! Why won't I want to crash into the most beautiful mare I have ever met." The colt winked at the mare. He was clearly flirting with her! Thinking he could make her fall in love with him like any other mare in town.

Twilight let out a sound of disgust. "No thanks." and walked away with Spike. She doesn't like flirty colts, much less a colt with a higher ego.

The mare's reaction stunned the Pegasus, and she followed the unicorn and the dragon. "Wh- what do you mean, no thanks?"

"I mean that you should go away."

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

The Pegasus widened his eyes, shocked that a mare rejected him. No pony rejected him. Not since forever. "I'm Rainbow Blitz, by the way." Intrigued by this unknown pony, he decided he should befriend her.

"Nice," Twilight said. She was not looking at the colt but straight up on the road, and she looked at Spike, who was putting weird signals to talk to the pony who wanted to befriend her. Twilight sighed, stopped her track and looked at Rainbow Blitz. "I am Twilight, the protege of the Princess," She said, smiling politely.

Rainbow Blitz blushed slightly at the smile Twilight put on. "Hold on a minute, The Princess' Protege? Whatever that's called. That means you live in Canterlot?" Rainbow asked.

"Yes. A protege is a pony who is guided and supported by an older and more experienced or influential pony, or could be called a sponsor or student." Twilight answered, who she thought asked what a Protege meant.

"Yeah, that." Rainbow Blitz said, "Hold on, that means you go in and out of the castle?!" Rainbow exclaimed excitedly.

"Yes," Twilight answered again.

"That's amazing! That means you get to see the wonderbolts!" Rainbow Blitz exclaimed.

"Yes, I do see them sometimes when the Princess personally asks them what to do-" Twilight said before getting cut off by Rainbow Blitz's scream, which sounded like the scream of a fan.

"That's soo cool! Oh! Do you know the wonderbolts personally? Do you think you can say a few words to your friend? Me?" Rainbow asked pleadingly to Twilight, to which Twilight raised a brow.

"Even if I know them personally, why would I say a few words to you? You're not my friend." Twilight said, unpleasant about what he had said.

"Oh, C'mon! You are now! You're one of my bestest marefriend!" Rainbow shouted. Letting everypony near them hear the word, Marefriend.

"YOU'RE WHAT!" Twilight shouted shockingly.

"Oh, haha. That sounded wrong. I meant a friend who is a mare. But who knows, you might be my marefriend." Rainbow Blitz said, proud of his attractiveness that made a few of the mares near them fall to the ground, blushing.

"No!" Twilight said, letting go of the hug Rainbow Blitz gave her while saying that bunch of nonsense. Twilight looked for Spike, who looked at them very confusingly. Is this how new friends joke around each other? He didn't know since all of his friends were primarily stoic guards. They didn't joke like that around with him. "Spike, we are going," Twilight said, frustrated.

"Aww, why? Didn't your talk with your new friend work out?" Spike asked sadly.

"It didn't work out. And he is NOT my friend," Twilight proclaimed. "We just need to find these other representatives and the library, stay there until the celebration, and get back to Canterlot."

"Representatives for the celebration?" Rainbow Blitz thought out loud when he eavesdropped on their conversation. "Hey! I'm one of the representatives! I'm in charge of the weather 'ya know!" He exclaimed.

Twilight looked back at Rainbow Blitz and sighed. "Great! The weather couldn't get any clearer." Said Twilight sarcastically. And she walked away from Rainbow Blitz, followed by Spike.

The colt was disappointed he didn't get to talk more with Twilight Sparkle about how awesome he is. But he was sure that Twilight and he would get to meet and speak again with his other friends, who would love to meet an exciting mare and a dragon.

Author's Note:

I don't know what came over me but Twilight hates Rainbow Blitz now xddd