• Published 14th Feb 2024
  • 497 Views, 6 Comments

The babysitting incident - Thebest123



Princess Cadance is tasked with babysitting her boyfriends little sister, Twilight. She enlisted the help of her roommate, Sunset Shimmer. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
1
 6
 497

Chapter 1

Princess Cadance was in some slight trouble. Shinning Armor was out, training to be a royal guard and needed someone to look after his younger sister, Twilight Sparkle, as his parents were out of town. She had agreed to babysit her for him. It wasn’t until ten minutes later that she realized that she had no idea how take care of a young filly.

With Twilight in tow, Cadence burst into a spacious bedroom. On one side of the bedroom, the walls were painted a pale pink and the carpet was a light magenta. The queen sized bed had a white bedsheet on with white and red pillows and duvet. The white vanity table in the corner had lots of makeup and jewelry sitting on it. The other half of the room, however, was a strong contrast. The walls were painted orange and the carpet was black. The double bed had a black bedsheet on with red and yellow pillows. The duvet was orange with what looked to be a cutie mark of a red and yellow sun in the middle. The side wall was almost entirely made out of bookcases, filled with books. In the corner of the room, a unicorn with red and yellow hair was seen, sitting at a desk, writing. She was seemingly unaware of the two intruders.

“Ohhh Sunny...” Cadance sang, “I may or may not need your help with something.”

“For the last time,” the unicorn groaned, “My name is Sunset Shimmer. Not Sunny or Shimmey or SunShim! It’s just Sunset or Sunset Shimmer. What do you even need help with, anyway?”

Sunset turned around and noticed the purple filly standing behind the Princess.

“Why do you have a foal with you?”

“Well... You see...”

“B-big brother said that s-she would babysit me” the young filly stammered.

“Yeah... I promised Shining Armor that I would take care of little Twilight here.”

“Ok... Do you even know how to take care of a young filly?” Sunset questioned.

“Not exactly...”

“Ok so you have no idea how to babysit a filly. What does this have to do with me?” Sunset asked.

“Well, I was thinking" Cadance began.

"So that's why I smell burning" Sunset interrupted, rolling her eyes.

"Rude! Anyways, don’t you have you have a younger brother, Sunburst, whose about Twilights age?"Cadance inquired.

"Yes... What does this have to do with him?" The orange unicorn asked, warily.

"Great. So you know how to take care of a foal. You are going to help me babysit her!" Cadance said, gesturing towards the purple unicorn standing slightly behind her.

"What! Why would I do that!?" Sunset asked incredulously," Don't you see that I'm working on something for Celestia?"

"Y-you don't have to..." Twilight said quietly, "If I'm too much t-trouble, I can go to the library and stay there until big b-brother comes home. I am annoying, a-after all"

With a light blue flash, Sunset had teleported besides Twilight.

"Who told you that?" She demanded.

"Oh... J-just the foals in my school. They don't want to be my friend because the only things I talk about are s-stupid things like magic. I'm not very good at it either so I don't know why I'm so o-obsessed with it.

"Don't listen to anypony who says stuff like that. They're just jealous of your personality and good looks..." Sunset trailed off, looking at her bookcases filled with books. She lowered her head so Cadance couldn't hear her."Let me tell you a little secret. If they don't want to be your friend, that's fine. There are more important things in life, like school and success. Friends will only drag you down."

Sunset lifted her head and turned to Cadance.

"You know what, fine. I'll help you look after Twilight. But you have to help me finish the project once we finish babysitting her, got it?"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Cadance exclaimed," You won't regret this."


"I am regretting this a lot!" came a shout from a bedroom in Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. Inside, there was an orange unicorn sitting in a chair. There was lipstick all over her muzzle, so much blush on her cheeks that it stained her fur and wouldn’t wash out for a week, green eyeshadow all over her eyelids, forehead, horn and mane and had pastel pink painted hooves. Needless to say, Sunset Shimmer was not very happy.

“Why, don’t you like your new look, Sunny?” Cadance giggled.

“Shut up, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza” Sunset growled.

“I-if you don’t like it, we can t-take it off” Twilight said, sadly.

“No, don’t take it off!” Sunset exclaimed, "I think that you have done an amazing job!”

“Well, since we have six hours until Shining Armor comes back from training, how about we take the train to Manehattan. It could be a fun trip. What do you think? Sunset could show off her new look as well” Cadance suggested, winking at Sunset.

Sunset was going to refuse but when she looked at the excited face that Twilight had, she found that she didn’t have the heart to say no.

"Emm...sure, why not. But I think it's a bit unfair that only I get this amazing makeover. How about Twilight gives Cadance a makeover and I will check when the next train to Manehattan is.”

“Yay! Come on, Cadance. Let’s get ready!”

With that, Twilight nudged a spluttering Cadance over to the chair and started to apply orange eyeshadow to her horn.

Sunset smirked at a still spluttering Cadance and with a flash, teleported away.


Half an hour later, the three of them were waiting at the train station. Candace and Sunset were getting odd looks from everypony but one glare from Sunset had them looking away again. Cadance had orange eyeshadow on her horn, on her forehead, in her mane and in her tail. The eyeshadow dyed bits of her hair, permanently changing the white parts of her mane and tail yellow. She had green lipstick all over her muzzle and her hair was split into twenty plaits. Her hooves were painted brown, something Sunset found hilarious.

“Tell me, Twilight", Sunset said, “Have you ever gone on a train before?”

“N-no, I haven't. Is i-it fun?” Twilight questioned.

“It’s a... unique experience. Personally, I think it’s quite fun. Especially when it reaches top speed” Sunset said. She turned to Cadance, who looked a little sick, and smirked ”Besides, I don’t think that you are the only one riding a train for the first time.”

Cadance whipped around to glare at Sunset. ” How rude of you to assume that just because I’m Celestia’s niece, that I have never ridden a train before.”

“Am I wrong, though?” Sunset asked, "Also, I never mentioned the fact that you are Celestia’s niece, did I?”

“W-wait...” Twilight turned to look at Cadance, her expression one of awe and fear, “You're Celestia’s niece!?”

Cadance looked at the young filly, who had begun shaking in fear

“Oh dear, I guess I forgot to mention that. I hope that this doesn’t change things between us. I’m still Cadance, your brother’s girlfriend and your new babysitter. This fact doesn’t change who I am, does it?”

Twilight seemed to calm down after hearing this “ I guess not.”

Sunset and Twilight caught each others eye. They smirked and turned to face Cadance.

“What are you two doing?” the pink alicorn inquired.

“Cadance and Shining sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I...”

“Oh for Celestia’s sake, be quiet!” Cadance interrupted, suddenly very thankful that she had so much makeup on her face.

Author's Note:

Just thought that I should mention, Twilight's stammer occurs when she is nervous or apprehensive.
I don't have an editor yet, so if you find any grammatical errors or misspellings, please point them out in the comments. Thank you :pinkiehappy: