• Published 2nd Feb 2024
  • 258 Views, 3 Comments

We Could Build An Island - Crimson Enjoyer



Twilight and Pinkie are stuck living on a boat in the middle of the sea.

  • ...
 3
 258

Chapter 2: A Genius Idea

A lot of ponies really hate the cold, which I totally get, but I like the cold. And also the warm. And the medium!

But for the past four months, it’s just been the cold. Even when I go inside where it’s supposed to be warm it’s really just medium.

At least, it was medium like, five minutes ago when I was still in dreamland. But then all of a sudden it’s really, REALLY cold, so cold that it wakes me up! Doesn’t the cold know how rude it is to wake a pony up so late at night?

Though…if I’m being honest, I’m not too upset about being woken up. Dreamland hasn’t been a very nice place as of late.

…Anyway! I hop outta bed to make my way to the cabin. This sudden chill can only have one explanation: Somepony left the front door open! I hope it wasn’t me… I really thought I was over my sleeptrotting phase.

I’ve reached the main room, and it would seem my suspicions were sure as stone.

I go to correct this blunder (Twilight taught me that word!), but when I look outside, my eyes catch a most curious sight:

Lying down on the deck, all curled up into herself, is a certain lavender Unicorn-magically-transformed-by-Princess-Celestia-into-an-Alicorn princess. At least, I think she’s still a princess, I’m not really sure how that works.

I then hear what can only possibly be the sounds of a snoring Twilight Sparkle. What’s she doing sleep out here on the deck? Wait…was she sleeptrotting? Is sleeptrotting contagious?!

No, wait, it looks like she has her scarf on, she must have been awake when she came out here.

I tip-hoof towards her, quieter than a sleeping Fluttershy, so I can wake her up and she can go back to her nice warm bed. I circle around her and almost stretch out a hoof to poke her head, but then, I look at her face.

She snores a few more times, before burying her face a bit more into her forelegs, an obvious smile on her face. Gosh, she has such a pretty smile. She looks so peaceful, I can’t wake her up now!

Still, it is pretty cold.

I then get a genius idea.


Carefully, more carefully than Fluttershy pulling a thorn out of a puppy’s paw, I drape the green blanket over Twilight’s body.

Now, it’s time for the moment of truth:

Picking the grey blanket in my mouth, I gently lower myself until I’m loafing* right next to her, and I fling the blanket onto my back.

While I get comfortable, I look at Twilight again. I shift my horsey-body until it’s touching hers. Or, well, at least, our blankets are touching.

She then starts to stir and groan slightly, and now I’m panicking, because oh gosh I woke her up by sitting too close and she’s gonna see what I was doing and think that I’m super weird and she’s gonna be real tired so she’ll be extra angry at me and-

Instead of anything like that, her stirring ends with her head now resting against my blanketed foreleg.

To the outside observer, I am totally calm, because why wouldn’t I be?
In my head, however:

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh she’s using me as a head rest we’re basically cuddling-

Be cool, Pinkaminae. As far she’s concerned, it’s just two close friends being very friendly and comfortable with each other. Doesn’t need to be anything more than that, no siree.

Although…..this does feel super nice.

I take another look at her. A perfect comfortable smile on her perfect muzzle as she lays her perfect head on my leg. Her mouth opens very slightly and soft snores come out.

Yup, she’s still a princess.

Author's Note:

*a term used to describe a Pony's sitting position in which its hooves and tail are tucked under the body, forming a Loaf like shape.

Sorry about how short this chapter is. It mainly exists for the scene at the end, and i couldn't really think of anything for the aftermath that wouldn't work better from Twi's Pov.

I promise Chapter 3 will have much more to it, more than Chapter 1 even. these first two chapters were essentially introductory. C3 is where the real meat of the story begins. So stay tuned. Or don't. I'm not your mother.