• Published 19th Jan 2024
  • 333 Views, 4 Comments

Star Wars: Fractured Empire - Broken Leaf



The Empire is gone. All that is left are the broken pieces of a proud dream. With the change of power coming to reality, it is time for you to rebuild and restore peace to the galaxy! Long live the Empire!

  • ...
2
 4
 333

Stage 0: Reckoning Day

It was inevitable. You couldn’t believe it at first. The best minds trained you at the academy on Taris. Yet, the sight was bestowed upon you, durosteel crumbling over the forest moon.

The Empire fell.

Despite the gunnery crew's best efforts, your star destroyer’s turbolasers couldn’t deafen the disbelief. It wasn’t till the ensign shouting that you were brought back to reality.

“What shall we do, sir?!” She begged. Similar sentiments across the comms network chaotically echoed. You were only a fleet captain. Granted, you were quite an experienced one. Yes, you were on track to being promoted thanks to your help in the expansion campaigns., but you had no complete authority. You were obedient! Perhaps you should have seen the signs since the original Death Star’s destruction, but a plan must still be followed through even with a great demise!

At least, that's what you thought at the time.

Rear Admiral Macron’s voice echoed across the net. “All imperial forces! I have assumed command as per protocol. Your orders are clear: Crush the rebel scum. Avenge our emperor!”

As you were about to tell the gunnery officer to commence fire, three Starhawk-class battleships jumped out of hyperspace upon your left flank. The rebel ships unleashed brimstone on the Victory-class frigates before focusing on the star destroyers. You watched as the rebel fleet capitalized on the opportunity that was set forth. The admiral's words and cries of terror from the fleet rang in your head like a whaling banshee.

‘Good soldiers follow orders.’

‘Good soldiers are forgotten.’

‘Good soldiers follow orders.’

They are tossed into the void!’

Good soldiers foll-!’

“What are your orders, sir!?” The comms officer’s yelling brought you back to reality.

You shake your head and tell them to open the channel to all imperial forces. “All imperial forces, this is Captain Anonymous. We are outnumbered and outmaneuvered by the rebel forces. You are ordered to initiate the Starfall Protocol. We shall regroup at Sector Veta.”

A scowl roared through the comms as you told the helmsman to about-face. “Anonymous! You are committing an act of treason! You will obey my orders and stand your ground!”

You quickly opened a secure channel, “Rolling Thunder, have your wing target the Decimator’s engines and dock with the ship. Lightning Dust, your wing will escort her in. You have five minutes.”

“As you wish, sir!” “Aye, aye, captain!” They said simultaneously.

“Helmsman, take us 180 degrees and prepare the jump to hyperspace.”

You pivoted from the windows and walked towards the holotable. You accounted for any ships that followed you. Amongst those that remained, you convinced a plethora of cruisers and frigates, a handful of carriers, and three ISD-Mark I’s to join you. Thunder launched her payload at one of the star destroyer’s engines. The massive structure exploded in one bombing run. As Thunder set up for another attack, a group of fighters emerged from the rear and fired upon her flight, destroying three bombers.

Lightning Dust immediately throttled her fighter to max speed before sharply pivoting. The overwhelming G’s would knock out a normal pilot, but Lightning lived to push herself to her limits. As her interceptor came to a full 180, she activated her booster module and fired upon the TIE Fighters with the rest of her wing following suit. Green bolts of plasma melted through the hulls, igniting the ion reactors. Some fighters met with a quick end while the others spiraled into the grey behemoth.

“Thanks, Lightning. I’ll buy you a round,” said Thunder.

“You’re gonna be buying more than that after today,” smirked Lightning.

Thunder gave a light chuckle before commencing another attack run. Once her reticle screamed, waves of proton torpedoes hailed down the remaining engines.

The Decimator’s bridge shook as the last engines were eviscerated.” The older brunette opened the comms net once more. “You are a traitor and coward, Anonymous!” Yelled Macron.

“No, Macron. I am mitigating our losses,”

“Have all squadrons fire upon that ship!” Macron ordered.

“Sir, rebel Starhawks are closing in on our position!” Yelled the helmsman.

“Evasive maneuvers! Have all bombers and turbolasers engage!”

“No use, sir! We lost our last wing and carriers!”

The hull shook violently as the Starhawks engaged their tractor beams and fired upon the lasers. Each battery erupted into a ball of fire one by one, allowing a school of boarding craft to move towards the ship.

You watched as the Starhawks’ tractor beams held Macron in place, a smirk forming on your face.

“Captain, the last of our craft have finished docking,” Informed one of the ensigns.

“Take us out!”

The helmsman nodded and ordered his staff to jump. Soon, streaks of blue began to reflect your eyes before morphing into a tunnel of relief.