• Published 9th Jan 2024
  • 118 Views, 5 Comments

The Elohim's Lament - MangaBro



Twilight, the adopted daughter of Queen Cadence, is chosen by her to inherent both thrme Crystal Throne and her Alicorn powers. However, when an appealing offer given to her by an unknown stallion, will she be able to refuse?

  • ...
 5
 118

Chapter 5 - Shining's Turmoil

Shortly after remembering that moment from years ago, Cadence suddenly fell into a deep slumber. Shining Armor called out her name in desperation, pushing his hooves with a small amount of force in an attempt to wake her up, but it was to no avail. Whatever slumber she was in, she wasn’t getting out of it anytime soon. Shining Armor felt worried, but there was a semblance of relief within his heart. She hadn’t gotten sleep ever since the preparation for the ceremony, and the magic spell she kept over the Crystal Heart had only amplified her stress. With Lyra sitting the throne, he knew she could sleep peacefully. But, then again, there was a great fear that washed over him.
“What will I tell Celestia and Luna if she doesn’t wake up in time?”
“What if… she dies in her sleep?”

Even though Shining Armor hated these types of thoughts with a passion, and yet, it was like he could do nothing to stop them from appearing. This was the absolute worst he had seen his wife since that terrible incident, and with what the fates said to those who try to defy nature, he knew for a fact that Cadence most likely wouldn’t make it past this year.
But he didn’t want to think that. He had already envisioned so many things they could do in the future.
“Cadence will live,” he told himself, “Yeah, she has to. Alicorns are the closest thing to Elohim in this world… she’s the Alicorn of love…
Without her love, the entire world would-”

He froze at that thought, and his eyes dilated in fear. His breathing became rigid and hard, and he took a few steps back from Cadence’s bed, his hooves shivering with the thought of the worst possible outcome. “N-no!” his mouth quivered, “What love will be here if… she…”
Twilight.

“Hm?!”

He stopped, and at that moment, Twilight appeared in his mind. He found it quite off putting that he thought of Twilight first and not his own daughter, Flurry Heart because he never interacted with Twilight often due to being on guard duty much of the time. In fact, he always thought of Flurry Heart more than Twilight.
Sure, he loved her, but her constant disrespect towards Cadence made it hard for them to bond, and she wasn't necessarily nice to him either…

But, there was something about Twilight that was special… something that Flurry Heart didn't have….

A claim to the Crystal throne.

“That's right!” He suddenly shouted, “Once you pass on, Twilight will be the one to carry your will.”
But… should she really?
She isn't our true daughter, after all….

Cadence’s resolve was… put into Flurry Heart
Shouldn’t she carry out her will?
No, Cadence chose to put her resolve into Twilight! What am I thinking?! To deny that is denying her will…

A sudden flare ignited in Shining Armor’s eyes.
It was clear now.
If Cadence were to die soon, then Twilight will be the one she lives through, but not only as the perfect queen, but as the living carnation Cadence herself.

He went over and kissed her on the cheek faintly, running his hoof through her mane ever so slightly. His eyes then gazed over to Luna’s moon…
“I’ll do any I can to carry out your will, dear…
Even with the one who hates you the most…”


In Twilight's room

Twilight had been staring at the book that had fallen from her bookshelf for over five minutes. She wanted to open it, but the small label on the left corner that read: The contents within these books are not meant to be read, made her hesitant to do so.
Why is this book even in the castle? She asked herself. If it’s forbidden, then shouldn’t it have already been banished by Cadence?

She leaned slightly forward towards the book, constantly looking around the room in search of anyone who might’ve been watching her. After scanning the room for a while and assuring herself no one was near and that Flurry Heart was still asleep, she placed her magical grasp upon the book, and slowly opened to the first page.
Then, she let out a short gasp…
This is…!

On the first page, painted in black, there was an ultra-realistic inside of a triangle embedded in gold, something that she knew couldn’t have been drawn in there. Even worse, she recognized that symbol. Shining Armor had told her about it not too long ago. It was the all seeing eye that held Chaos Magic.

Twilight scarcely observed her surroundings again, knowing that if anyone saw this, especially Cadence and Shining Armor, she would be in deep trouble.
Should I even be reading this? She asked herself, hesitating to turn her head back to the book and continue reading. No one in this land condoned symbols like this because it was said to be a sign of the opposite of Elohim's intentions, the only force that prevented this world from being perfect. Chaos.

However, if this form of knowledge is so dangerous to learn, then why was it in front of her right now? And more importantly, would she ever get an opportunity to see something like this again?
If there was one thing she desired, it was to learn more about this world and its magic. She couldn’t just skip past such knowledge that could possibly bring her closer to the truth of the world.
She couldn’t help it. She hesitantly looked back down at the book, and continued reading, the all knowing eye staring deep into her soul.

The text under the eye was written in a distorted cursive, some of which seemed to be roughly translated, causing some words to flow inconsistently between sentences, but Twilight was able to read it. Essentially, it was just a big info dump on the Antediluvian Era. Nothing of importance really caught her attention besides the eye which she kept tricking herself into thinking it was moving.

"Anything catch your interest?" a familiar voice asked from behind.

Twilight instinctively shot up from her bed, shutting the book and throwing it across the room in a panic. Before she could turn around, she noticed the room around her had completely changed. Everything had turned completely black and it seemed Flurry Heart had gone with it. Twilight knew this spell.
An Imaginary Domain... but that's an ancient spell, no one has used it since the Antediluvian Era! She thought, looking around in disbelief.

"You are incorrect, in fact, the last person to use this spell was Starswirl the Bearded from 1000 years ago." Said the voice, "but I'm quite impressed, you see, no one has ever recognized this spell just by the look of it.
But, you must stop relying on books to feed your knowledge."

Twilight turned around slowly, and there stood the stallion from the cave, holding some kind of stone within his magical grasp.

All the history in this world is with me, as I have witness what Chaos can do.

To Be Continued!

Author's Note:

I took a lot of inspiration from Domain Expansion with the red stallion here.
In fact, you will see many Jujutsu Kaisen references throughout this story.

Also, Shining Armor is a bum and I'm not tryna hide that.