• Published 6th Jan 2024
  • 100 Views, 3 Comments

Echoes Of Equestria - Techogre

  • ...
 3
 100

Chapter 1: Introduction

In the year 2058, Alex Roberts found himself lost in a world that was changing at lightning speed. The technological wonders that enveloped him no longer held any fascination. Smart houses with solar panels glistening on their roofs and fusion energy providing limitless power for mere pennies were the norm. But for Alex, these advancements held no appeal. They couldn't fill the void left by his loss.

Ten long years had passed since Ann, the love of Alex's life, had departed from this world. In the decade that followed, Alex had retreated into himself, living a life of monotony and familiarity. He had no desire to embrace the wonders of modern technology or to move forward. Only Betty, his trusty household robot assistant, had managed to worm her way into his life.

Despite the electric vehicles humming outside his window and the delivery drones crisscrossing the sky, Alex remained entrenched in his own world. The memories of the past were his only solace, the only thing that made sense. He clung to them, holding on tightly, as a deep sense of sadness consumed him.