• Published 26th Nov 2023
  • 62 Views, 2 Comments

The Cider Runners of Marewaukee - a Ciderfest App Story - Snowday_Pegasus



Barley Tender discovers there were cider bootleggers in his family during the Roaring 20's

  • ...
 2
 62

Chaos: Stealing the Super Cider Squeezy

Tender replies, “Alright. You’ve got some Moxie. I respect that. We’ll wait and see where they stash the thing, and then we’ll move in.”

You sit in the wagon for what seems like forever. Celestia lowered the sun hours ago, and most of the city lights have been snuffed out.

“Alright. Sure it’s in the warehouse. It’s now or never. But where’s all that steam coming from?”

The moment you begin to step out of the wagon, the Super Cider Squeezy comes crashing out of the warehouse through a loading gate and making a hard turn away from your wagon, chugging steam as it goes.

Tender yells, “Somepony got here ahead of us. It’s the Grift Brothers! Get ‘em!”

The wagon takes off in pursuit of the Super Cider Squeezy as some hench ponies rip the cover off the wagon. You see old Marewaukee in all its glory now as a team of four clydesdales pull your wagon at a heart-pounding speed.

A couple of Tender’s unicorn hench ponies fire magic at the runaway machine, but Tender snaps at them, “That’s our prize, don’t break it!”

Nelly says, “Boss, that crazy contraption is going to get away if she gets out of the city.”

Tender tosses the reins to you, “[USERNAME]. Drive! Get us alongside it!”

You clench the reins tightly and give them a shake. “Hyeah!”

You manage to maneuver the wagon next to the Super Cider Squeezy, and see three Ponies in it. You can’t help but notice a couple of them look very similar to Flim and Flam. But the third?

Tender says, “It’s one of the Apple boys. That double-crosser! That’s low, even if you’re doing it to Hal Capony!”

Tender jumps off the wagon onto the strange machine, and Scarcity and Nelly quickly follow. You pull back as the street narrows, and all you can hear is the sounds of the brawl ahead as the Squeezy meanders all over the road, knocking over trees, mailboxes, and fire hydrants as it speeds along.

You see the Apple pony and one of the Grift brothers get thrown clear and then the Squeezy slows to a stop.

“That’ll teach you to try and steal what we were goin’ to try and steal,” Tender yells.

You don’t get much time to relax before you hear sirens in the distance.

“The fuzz! We gotta move, gotta move!”

You follow the Squeezy as it takes a long winding way through the city to keep all of you from getting caught, and then into an odd door a few blocks from the hideout. It leads underground to a long tunnel and into a garage.

Making your way upstairs from the garage, you find yourself back in the hideout. You take a few minutes to catch your breath from all the mayhem that just took place.

Tender punches you in the shoulder. “Not a bad day’s work, [USERNAME.] You did good.”

“Hey, what happened to the Grift brother you caught.”

“Oh, him? We put him on ice. See?” He points to the corner where a shivering Pony is sitting on a block of ice.

Tender says to all of his associates, “Hey, the rest of you get some shut-eye. I’m going to have a long talk with the Grift brother here.”

You quickly head to where the adventure began, and touch the page wedged in the door. It takes you back to the empty room, and the secret door opens in front of you.

“Are you alright?” Barley asks. “You look exhausted!”

“You would not believe where I just was,” you say excitedly.

Caramel asks, “What do you mean? You were only in there for a minute.”

You suddenly realize the page you had has disappeared. You can hear mischievous laughter echoing in your head.

You say to them, “I’ve got a story for you, and you’re going to love it.”