• Published 17th Nov 2023
  • 542 Views, 5 Comments

Team Superstars: Winds of Change - Lulamoon-Crystal



Who knows that finding a filly on a beach can be the start of your journey? A stylist of Maretine Bay sure was not aware

  • ...
1
 5
 542

into the Woods

The months went by.

The following months were filled with silly shenanigans from Stardust. Some bad some okay. The bully duo was never seen since they escaped the cell. Which was worrisome and nice at the same time. Since there wasn't an incident that pointed at them since. There was a rumour that they weren't actually ponies and some sort of shapeshifting monsters. So they went home because they got bored of ponies.

During the months, Stardust explored the other two towns. Managing to get herself in time out in a cell in the royal palace for about an hour or two. She was unpleased with the guard that was supervising her in the cell.

Her backstory was confusing. But everyone decided and convinced Zipp to take a break from the case. Until something suspicious was happening. Some even felt she was just making up a story for herself or was a runaway from a dimension that was treating her bad. No one knew the answer. But rumours and theories did spread. The most common one was the bullies were an abusive family to Stardust so they tracked her down. Only to get defeated.

It was mostly fine. Most ponies had mostly accepted Stardust as a member of society. Some hadn’t, they mostly stayed quiet besides using insults. Or straight up being a jerk as they felt something bad would happen with her around.

Everything was okay…

One week, everything changed. Ponies have started going missing. It started with a few fillies. Their parents thought they stayed out too late. But they never retuned home, rescue teams had been called to find these fillies. Only just to return injured with a member missing. Presumed dead.

It was a miserable time indeed.


Current time:

It was almost spring. Jazz sadly sat in the salon she worked at. Mane Melody, hugging a plushie toy of Pipp. They were made and sold during a concert recently. She was the first to purchase one. Who wasn’t a foal, because of course she was polite to let some foals who adored Pipp get one first on the day.

She was sobbing sadly. Pipp had been missing for days. Along with Sunny, Misty, Izzy and Zipp.

“Oh Pipp… Where are you? Please be safe…” She hugged it tight. She held it up slightly and looked at it in the face.

“Oh Jazz… Jazzy Dazzy...” She said, trying to imitate her voice. “I’m totally fine! I’ll be home soon and… I… Miss you too… But.. I-” Her voice creaked a bit.

Rocky sighed as he stood nearby. “Jazz…” He put a hoof on her shoulder. “I’m sure she’s gonna be just fine! Hitch, Alphabittle and the Queen had some more ponies do one more search party. They chose ones who were fast, agile, strong and intelligent. They’ll find her in no time!” He smiled.

”But it’s my fault!” She shouted as she flopped back, foreleg on face.

Rocky froze in shock and confusion at her claim. Wondering how on earth she had come to such conclusion.

“What?” He gasped. “No it’s not! It could have happened to anyone! It’s not your fault!”

Jazz looked at him, he seemed pretty positive about it. Surely he had to be blaming her. She knew she could have stopped Pipp going Missing. She just knew it! If she stopped Pipp then maybe Zipp and the others wouldn't have gone either.

“On the day she went missing. If I stopped her from leaving the salon early. Then she would be here!” Jazz sniffled. Not really believing him. But nodded anyway. Her gut hurt as she thought of all the dangers she could be in. “She’s my best friend and favourite pop star! Now she’s gone because of me!” She shouted.

“Jazz, I don’t think- You couldn't have known, Jazz!“

He defended her from anyone who was blaming her for Pipp's disappearance. The good news was that only one pony was blaming her for it. The bad news? That pony was her. He didn't understand why she so strongly felt this was. It's not healthy to blame everything on yourself.

Dahlia walked into the salon alongside Posey who seemed a little annoyed about something. The former seemed a bit sad. Her ears were back as she looked around. Missing the cheer Pipp would give when she was in the salon.

“Hey Jazz, Rocky.” Dahlia greeted with a slight smile. Hoping her greeting would get a smile. Despite it being a dark time for ponies all around.

Mourning siblings, cousins, parents, friends... Mourning for their losses. Hoping they return some day safely. Somehow.

“Hey Posey, hey Dahlia!” Rocky exclaimed. “Any news on the search?”

”None yet. Unfortunately…”

Posey went up to Jazz and stared at her suspiciously. She wiped tears from her eyes as she hugged the plush tighter. Wondering why Posey was looking at her like the way she was.

”Is that a plush toy you’re hugging?!”

”I just miss Pipp…” She responded, stroking the soft mane.

Jazz imitated Pipp’s voice. “Welcome Posey, what mane style do you want today? You'd look fab in a-”

Posey snatched the plush from her grasp. Causing her to yelp. “Hey! That’s mine!”

Posey rolled her eyes as a result. Believing she was far too old to be hugging plush toys for comfort. Also, hugging a plush toy of your boss was kinda weird. Even if she was the princess of Zephyr Heights and a popular popstar. Cute if you were a foal, but weird when a grown pony. “You’re too old for plushies like this of celebrities!"

Jazz weakly reached for it, tears in her eyes. “Pipp…” Feeling like she was losing her for real. Her friend, her favourite pop star… One of the ponies that was always there for her in the dearest time. Gone!

“Hey, Posey!’ Rocky waked up to her with a smile. “Uhmm, So, you look in to get styles? I can do just about anything!”

”Uhm… Actually… No, I’m just here for a manicure. But…” She looked at Jazz who was curled up, looking unwell. It was clear she hadn’t slept well since Pipp had gone missing that day. “She doesn’t seem up to it, does she?” She scoffed, taking another look at Jazz. She felt bad. “What would Pipp say if she was avoiding work just because she was upset?”

Rocky glared at her slight;y. “I don’t think that’s a very pleasant thing to say. Just because you know Jazz doesn’t mean you know everything she’s been through. There’s no excuse being rude to us. We are all hurting from losing Pipp, give us a break!” He was clearly irritated.

Dahlia hastily snatched the plushie back for Jazz. While she was distracted. “That’s hers, Posey!

Much to his surprise, Jazz jumped from the chair after wiping her tears. She grabbed her hoof stuff and sat on a stool near the couch. She sighed a bit. “Okay, Posey, what would you like?”

“Are you sure you’re up for this, Jazz?” Asked Rocky.

Jazz nodded as Posey sat down. Ready for herself to get styled hooves. Dahlia’s guts hurt as she put the plush down on the seat Jazz was on. She looked at the plush sadly. “Wherever you are. I hope you’re safe…”

Hitch sadly walked in, looking very glum and worried. Jazz put down the hoof stuff and quickly looked at him. Hoping for news of Pipp.

”Oh, Sheriff!” Rocky exclaimed. “Any news?”

Jazz, Posey and Dahlia listened with anticipation. Hoping for any news, inside they hoped Hitch wasn’t going to tell them any bad news. But his face… It seemed it wasn’t gonna be pleasant.

“I’m so sorry… But I regret informing you guys… We…” He looked down at his hooves. Dreading the day Zipp told him that she was going to investigate these areas to try and figure out why ponies went missing. She had joined on Sunny, Windy, Misty and Pipp’s quest to try and find Izzy. Who had gone into the Mare Woods for some flowers that were found there. It was quite a hike there, so when Izzy hadn't returned by the time she had said shed return, her friends grew worried. They were going looking for her and any others that went missing.

“What is it, Hitch?” Dahlia asked softly.

“We lost the search team… Only a few made it out, injured and traumatised. A few were out cold… They’re so dangerous… I don’t know what to do now… We don't know what it was that attacked.”

Everyone froze in horror. Jazz felt a tear run down her cheek when she heard this.

Jazz sharted to shake. "Y-you mean... P-pipp could be d-d-dead!?"

“No…” Dahlia said softly. "I cannot belive this!" She sobbed.

Rocky looked broken as he heard this. His mouth was open in shock and ears flopped. Eyes were tearful as he looked down. Then he looked back at Hitch, taking a step forward and stomping down his hoof. “We can’t give up!” Rocky exclaimed, his voice cracked. “They could be in danger! We might be able to save them! Maybe- We can- Please!“

”Rocky…” Hitch put a hoof on his shoulder to calm him down. Knowing he was going through some hard time. Both stallions looked so hurt. A tear went down his cheek. “We are all trying everything. But rescue groups, researchers, anyone who went to those places either never came out or came out injured…”

“We really tried everything, huh?” Dahlia asked. “Is there anything we haven’t tried?”

Hitch looked down at his hooves. “I… I can’t believe I’m saying this. Never thought I would have said this after the return of magic… But Sprout might be right. We might have no chance but to close up those dangerous areas… So we don’t lose anyone else.”

Everyone gasped in horror.

”Hitch! They could be begging for help!”Dahlia shouted.

“Please, no!” Rocky cried out. “Please don’t-“

Posey looked offended. “Sprout is right!? When on earth have you ever said that?”

There was some silent as everyone looked at Posey and back at Hitch. Wondering why she felt this was so surprising.

“A few times actually. Not really after magic because we don’t see each other as often as we used to. But… Before I said that a few times.” He cleared his throat to give some examples.“Like the time he claimed a certain movie was made in 1995. Or when I thought a child ran to the beach when he didn’t… So he was right a few times, but… Hey, I can’t be right all the time!”He shrugged with a smile.

Rocky looked at the list of ponies gone missing. “… My poor cousin… I just hope she’s okay” A tear rolled down his face. "Please please..." She put his face into his hooves as his breathing began rapid. "Please be okay..."

Stardust slammed the doors open, alerting everyone. “Guys! You gotta see this! Come on!”She exclaimed and started running. Everyone was in distress. But seeing a filly full of excitement wanting to show them something gave them a bit of relief.

“Huh?” Hitch wondered.

Jazz smirked a bit, happy to think of something less depressing and worrisome. Well, she tried, but the emotions were still there. But she was a bit curious on what Stardust had to say.

“Who’s gonna follow her?” Jazz asked, curious.

“Why not!” Smirked Dahlia before they both rushed out. She wondered what it could be! Maybe a nice break from all the grief. Well, surely its not much. Maybe a drawing, a song or just a tree she found cool or funny. It most likely wasn't much at all. But it would be nice to see and maybe experience a bit of joy and get your mind off the distress and worry.

“Uh… Where are you going? Jazz!”Rocky gave chase. Soon after, Hitch’s curiously got the best of him. As he ran out with the others. He sadly looked out into the distance of the Brighthouse. The rainbow that once beamed out just seemingly glitched in a way. He hoped the crystals were safe. Like how he just hoped Sunny and the others were okay. They gotta be, right?


Dahlia gasped as Stardust headed towards the woods.Wondering where on earth she was leading them. This was near where Izzy vanished. It cannot be safe. “Wait!” She exclaimed.

Jazz hurried up and walked next to Stardust. “Ponies went missing in there! You shouldn’t!”

“Yeah. You don’t know what’s in there!” Hitch added.

Stardust looked unamused. She felt she was being called towards it, and that she may have forgotten to say something. “Chill out you guys. I’m not going that deep!” She winked.

“Stardust! The woods are off limits!” Hitch exclaimed.

“Do you wanna go missing?” Rocky asked with fear. His breathing was rapid. Tears were seen in his eyes. He wanted to grab Stardust and his other friends and just get them away form the woods. It was not the place for them at the moment.

Stardust stepped back and had a look at the worried group of friends. “Don’t worry.” She said before running into the forest.

“Come back!” Hitch followed with concern, Jazz and Dahlia swallowed their fears before chasing after him. Leaving Rocky behind.

“Stardust!” Dahlia called out.

The three explored the woods. Alert of any noise or any dangers. Jazz’s legs were like jelly. Dahlia felt a shiver go down her spine. All three shrieked as they saw a shadow race by, only to soon discover it was just a rabbit. It wasn’t long before they found Stardust near two trees.

“Stardust.” Whispered Dahlia. “Let’s go back before something happens.”

“Y-yeah.. I got a terrible feeling about this…” Jazz looked up with fears.

“We are as worried for everyone that went missing as you are. But we can’t just head into danger unprepared.”

“It won’t be. That bad!”Stardust winked. She looked up. It took the others a bit to realise these two trees created an arch.

“Huh? That’s funny. Never knew these odd trees were here…”

“Maybe some earth pony created this tree arch for fun or practice?”Suggested Jazz.

There was a way to spot the different between a plant grown up naturally or a plant created by earth pony magic. Dahlia looked up at the two trees. The trunks were separated but slowly twisted and leaned into each other creating an arch. Branches were spread out. At a glance, yes, one would assume this was made by magic. But as soon as Dahlia took a sniff, she was met with a surprise.

“Uh… Guys, this isn’t made by earth pony magic!” She exclaimed, confusion evident in her voice.“Neither does it seem to have grown naturally from a seed or something…”

Hitch and Jazz took a quick whiff.

“You’re right!” Hitch exclaimed.

“It smells kind of… Like…” She took another sniff and closed her eyes as she did it. She gasped. “It smells like... Danger!"

“You know what danger smells like?” Dahlia asked.

"The smell makes me think of something I would be screaming and running from." Jazz shrugged. “So, i guess that might be what danger might smell like?”

“Alright team! Let’s go in!” Stardust exclaimed. Everyone screamed in shock as Stardust pulled Dahlia in by the tail. Hitch and Jazz exclaimed in fear as they immediately followed. Everything vanished in a flash of light.

“Stardust!”

Author's Note: