• Published 17th Nov 2023
  • 542 Views, 5 Comments

Team Superstars: Winds of Change - Lulamoon-Crystal



Who knows that finding a filly on a beach can be the start of your journey? A stylist of Maretine Bay sure was not aware

  • ...
1
 5
 542

Purple Eyes

The next day

Just after lunch. Hitch sat down at his desk. Sunny was nearby, telling a story to Sparky in a story book. “So the brave young dragon and team destroyed the witch and saved the world. The end!”She smiled as Sparky clapped cheerfully as a result. Very happy with the ending.

Dahlia then walked in a with a nervous smile, Stardust walked by her side.

“Any news, sheriff Hitch?” Asked Dahlia who was worried.

Stardust looked at the yellow pony sitting at the desk, writing a few things down.

”Hmm. Oh? No, I haven’t found any details on her. No one in town even recognised her! It’s odd. Unless… She’s from Zephyr Heights. Bridlewood’s an option, but not many pegasi live there to my knowledge, the population is still mostly unicorn… If not completely still populated by unicorn.”

Dahlia watched sadly.

There was a sigh as he looked at his paperwork again. He then nodded at an idea he had and contacted someone on his phone. Stardust watched with wonder.

”Hey Zipp? You found anything on this filly? No? Alright, well, what are the chances of her being from Zephyr Heights? Oh! You’ll check? Alright then.” He then sighed, a bit gloomy. He looked at Dahlia apologetically. “Turns out she doesn’t live in Maretine Bay.”

Dahlia nodded sadly as she listened to what he had to say. “Unless she’s adopted. I heard Zephyr Heights Orphanage had a lot of foals. Until some of them were adopted by couples of other races…”

Hitch nodded, “Your right, I should check with them. Maybe they know more about her…”

“Yes… It’s sheriff Hitch Trailblazer from Maretine Bay… Yes?”Then there was a pause as the pony on the other end spoke. Stardust couldn’t figure what they were saying. “Oh? Awww, that’s great! Oh. Well, we found a filly on the beach. She doesn’t know who her parents are and is not from this town. A friend suggested I call you just in case you have any records of her. Okay. She’s got white fur, no cutiemark. Pink mane with darker pink markings and a single lavender streak at the front. Blue eyes and uh… She goes by Stardust!”

Dahlia watched with worry hoping the orphanage had answers. She didn’t know much, but just had that glimmer of hope. She felt Stardust poke her cutiemark, but ignored her in the tense situation. Hitch had a smile on his face as he waited patiently. They were taking a while, but he didn’t mind. They were likely searching the best they could for any records. For adoptions or if she escaped from the orphanage for some reason.

It was unknown why a foal would. The elderly couple and their family took care of the orphans as best as they could. Doing what they could for them. They felt horrible for the foals there, that’s why they dedicated themselves to the orphanage.

“What?” Hitch’s face fell. “No records? Oh, okay. Thank you for your time… I’ll keep that in mind. I’ll let you know if we find anything. Thank you!” He then sighed as he hung up.

“Oh no…” Dahlia sighed sadly, ears drooping. Ignoring the fact that Stardust had climbed onto her back. “Nothing?”

“No records…”

They then paused as they realised that Stardust had left. They were a bit concerned about her.But trusted that she wouldn’t get in trouble and she had shown some independent skills from the day before. Also, it was pretty safe for foals around her age to wander by themselves. As long as they didn’t do anything they weren’t supposed to. It was all okay!

“Let’s hope she doesn’t get in any trouble…” Hitch sighed. “I’ll keep looking for her parents…”


Stardust walked down the street. Hearing the sea nearby. Ponies walked around minding their own business. Where was she? Why did she have the feeling she was here for something important?

What was it? She shrugged as she walked ahead, soon overhearing some humming. “Oh! This looks good, Yes! I think she’s gonna love this!!”

Stardust looked nearby to see a purple unicorn mare sitting near some outdoor tables. She had long blue wavy hair that faded to a light purple. It appeared that she was a unicorn as she levitated a poster in her magic, it seemed she had made it herself for something. Stardust could only see the back of it, so she didn’t really know.

Who was she and what was she up to? On her rump, there was an image of a sewn blue heart with pins it. The mare seemed pretty excited and busy, so Stardust minded her own business. Also, she was far more interested in the music she just heard.

The music seemed to have been coming from a large white and pink building. There were hedges at the front, just below the windows. One of them was cracked open slightly, allowing those outside to hear the noise if they got close enough. The singing voice sounded very cheerful and happy. She also heard two other voices, one belonging to a stallion.


She cracked open the door slightly. Seeing the inside of what seemed to be a musical based salon. Named Mane Melody. Cute!

“Woah…” She said quietly as she looked at the stage. Three ponies were on it. The teal one she met earlier was one of the three. Her name was Jazz, right? Or was it Topaz? Also, where were her ears? Maybe she could ask.

Let’s start from the top- “Oh!” The pink, pegasus exclaimed as she saw Stardust. She appeared to have been the shortest of the three, while the stallion was the tallest. The pegasus gasped. Rocky smiled at Jazz who was a little puzzled.

“That’s the pony you found yesterday!” He exclaimed. "Seems she came to see us.”

“Yes it is… Did Hitch not find her parents?” She worried. "I had hoped... Oh..." She looked down sadly. Feeling rather worried.

Pipp landed in front of the filly who stepped back in surprise. “Welcome to Maaaane Melody!” She exclaimed happily. “You’re the filly Jazz found yesterday, aren’t you!? Wow! So, what brings you here?”

Jazz watched as Stardust looked around at the salon. Wondering if she was here for a visit, or some styling of some sort. “I heard singing!” She said with a smile.

“Oh yes! I’ve been practicing a song! You a pipsqueak, too?”

“No?” Stardust responded with a happy smile. “Clearly pony!” She claimed, Jazz making a loud and excited gasp as soon as she said that.

“You like pony!?” Jazz exclaimed. Thinking she was talking about a band, she was, right? Or she could heave mistaken the term ‘Pipsqueak’ like a squeaky animal of some sort.

“Oh…” Pipp said with slight disappointment. “In that case… I’m sure you’ll love my music! Princess Pipp Petals! Or…” She smiled slightly. “Just Pipp is fine. The search bars will understand if that’s too long for whatever reason…”

“Yeah…” Stardust pretended to totally understand this excited pony. Wondering if she actually was a princess or if that was just her stage name. PPP. Had a ring to it. Pea Pea Pea.“I’ll keep that in mind!”

The doors then slammed open. The purple unicorn Stardust had seen earlier jumped in, looking pretty excited about something. Levitating the poster in her magic. The same one she had been working on. All attention went from Stardust to this unicorn.

“Pipp! Pipp!” The unicorn exclaimed. Apparently being named ‘Izzy’ judging by what the pegasus said next.

“Izzy? What is it!?” Pipp responded with joy as she fluttered over to her as she jumped to the middle of the salon.

Stardust watched as Izzy smiled at the poster, she saw a glimpse of it. It appeared to be for some sort of event. A painting of Pipp near some seashells and a beach. Decorated with buttons, glitter, shells, ribbon and paper. It looked so amazing!

“Oh, Izzy! I love it!” Was the response.“It’s perfect! Even tho.. The summer performance is a few months away. But I can totally keep this safe till then!”

“Of course!” Izzy responded. “I have something else I want to show you too! It’s not complete yet. But I think you’ll love it!”

Pipp happily followed Izzy out the doors. Leaving Stardust alone with the other two ponies. The Rocky and Jazz. The latter getting off the stage and heading to the back room. The former looked towards Stardust as he walked over.

“So… You looking to get styled or something?” He asked with a slight grin as he grabbed his brush. Seems pegasi have some sort of dimensional pocket or something under their wings. Because there was no way that brush stayed there so comfortably.

Jazz run over with a smile. “I can make those hooves of yours shine!” She exclaimed, her hooves instantly glowing, when she hid by grabbing a towel, pretending to rub her hooves with it. Looking rather nervous and hoping Stardust didn’t see, since she was not looking directly at her. “Not you.” She quietly mumbled as she looked down at hers.

“Oh! I was here because I heard some music!”

“Oh. Alright then. So, you liked it?” Rocky put his brush back. It was almost as if it vanished in think air as he comfortably folded his wing over where he seemingly placed it. Pegasi must surely have some sort of dimensional pocket under their wings. Stardust might be wondering what she could store in hers.

“Oh! Yeah… Pipp’s planning a song for a summer performance in a few months. A bit early if you ask me, but I suppose it doesn’t hurt to practice a bit extra…” Jazz added, before walking over to a desk to put some stuff away, once her hooves stopped.

Stardust looked at the pegasus stallion with awe. He looked so kinda cool, it also seemed he liked music too. Perhaps he was great at playing guitar! Or simply thought they were cool. Judging by his necklace and the fact he was helping the pink pony with a song.

“Do you like music?” She asked.

Rocky confirmed. “Of course I do! It’s just so… Good! The huge variety of moods, genres and lyrics! The sound of the instruments making the melody! It feels so good to dance along to!” He exclaimed with a huge smile on his face.

Stardust felt herself feel excited. Maybe she could be part of this. This felt so right. Maybe not the styling part, maybe more the music stuff. That’d be amazing! She had two questions in her mind, “I have two questions!” She blurted out. Before looking over at Jazz who was cleaning up a bottle of shampoo that had spilt.

“You do?” He asked.

“Why doesn’t Jazz have any ears?” She asked, pointing over at her, Rocky gasping as she asked, feeling rather concerned.

“Uh- I don’t think I can give you an answer.” He nervously looked over at Jazz with worry as she looked over with sadness. Knowing exactly what she wanted to ask.

“It’s a long story…”Jazz said looking down, like she was ashamed of herself.

There was a pause as the room came silent. No one said a word until Rocky spoke. “Not even I know what happened, she refuses to speak about it. What’s your other question?” He asked, changing the subject.

“Do you think I could get a job here?”

Rocky's expression turned into confusion. “We-what? A job?”He asked, looking to the side nervously and back at her. “I’m… Afraid I can’t answer that. You’d have to check with Pipp and we’d need to check the laws too, in case there’s anything…”

“Plus, we have been styling for years, we know how everything works.” Jazz added, skipping over. “It’s literally how we got our cutiemarks.”

“Great! I can’t wait to start helping with the music!” She bounced up, then happily went for the doors.

“What!? Hey! That wasn’t a yes!” Rocky exclaimed out loud. “And you can’t just get up on stage and make music like that! You need to ask Pipp!” He cried out.

“Eh. I’ll give her a chance.” Jazz shrugged.

“Yeah, but the stage is for Pipp and us two. Along with anyone she gives permission to.”


A few days past since Stardust was found. It was a great shock that she seemingly had no parents and no one knew her.

She was not doing much that was unusual. Just exploring and maybe creating mischief here and there. She also did a few chores at Mane Melody, same with doing a bit of singing. She was good at playing a ukulele, so it was not bad.

The mystery of the parentless foal spread like wildfire. Even the Queen of Zephyr Heights said something. A rumor was even out that she offered Stardust a place to stay for a while but she refused. But that was just a rumour, what kind of filly would turn down such offer? Living in a palace would be any young filly or foal’s dream! Especially if they were a fan of Pipp, or Haven. Or even Zipp.

She spent some of her time pranking other ponies. Mane Melody, Posey and Dahlia were the main victims. But some others found themselves with faces of slime or soaked manes. Most of it laughed if off, but some ponies weren’t as happy. She even got scolded at times. Hitch wasn’t pleased when Sprout complained to him when a purple glitter bomb exploded near him.

It was a lovely morning. Pipp had accepted Stardust’s offer to help in the salon a little. Not with anything musical related, to her disappointment. It was only for a few hours four times a week. She’d come in and do a few small things. Like sweeping the floor, cleaning the windows, putting stuff away or collecting things. Or occasionally doing a few deliveries, but only in the boundaries of Maretine Bay. She had only done three deliveries, however.

One day, she went to Mane Melody. Entering with a small basket of pebbles and flowers, she gathered, she put them on a chair.

“I think these would look amazing in your summer performance!” She smiled.

Rocky slowly went up to the basket and peeked inside. The flowers would have long decayed by then. But the odd pebbles weren’t too bad. But maybe weren’t exactly what Pipp was looking for. It was gonna be a beach themed event. But it was the thought that counts, besides a few pebbles wouldn’t be too bad.

“Oh.. Uh…” Rocky looked down at her. “Well. I think that was very kind of you. I’ll show Pipp later and see what she thinks, alright?”

Stardust nodded before she watched Rocky put the basket on the table. Shortly after two pegasi entered that Stardust never had seen before. Plus one that she had only seen in pictures and videos walked into the salon. The one in front was a pale pinkish colour with a purply grey mane. She wore a golden necklace with a green jewel of some sort imbedded in it. Perhaps an emerald or a jade.

As she strutted in, Stardust admired the crown on top of her head. Golden tiara piece holding up a purple jewel. An amethyst, perhaps? The jewel seemed to be in a horseshoe like shape. But styled to look like a pair of flared wings.

“Oh! Your majesty! What brings you here, to Mane Melody?”Rocky asked.

“Oh, hello there, Rocky. Is Pipp around?”

“No, she went to get something. But she’ll be back soon, did you need something?”

“Oh. Well, Alphie and I are going to a little event tonight in Bridlewood. So I suppose it won’t harm to have a little bit of a mane style and facial.”

“Sounds great!”

Stardust removed her attention from Rocky and the queen as she sat down. She looked towards the two guards at the door. The green one appeared to be a little disappointed about something. The blue one seemed pretty serious, she had a frown. Her eyes were as if she was focussing on something. Why did she seem so grumpy?

Going closer, she noticed the blue one look at her. What was her name anyway? Their colours seemed familiar in way, as if she knew a green and blue duo. But she didn’t remember who she was thinking about. These two weren’t them and it was likely not important. Maybe she was thinking of a cartoon she watched that had a blue and green duo.

The way the blue mare looked at her was as if she was watching that she didn’t cause trouble.

“Hello!” Stardust waved with a smile. “What’s your name?”

Zoom opened her mouth but Thunder proceeded to speak. “My name’s Thunder!”

“Thunder!” Zoom scolded. We are on duty!”

“Sorry…”

Stardust looked at Thunder who watched the queen, feeling a little sorry for himself. The blue mare, that Stardust decided to give a name to, simply watched her.

“What’s up, Blueberry?” Stardust asked.

“That’s not my name.”

“Right!” Winked Stardust as ‘Blueberry’ rolled her eyes and looked ahead at the queen.

“Psst…” Thunder whispered, lowering his head to Stardust’s height.

“Yeah?”

“Her name is... Zoom…”

Stardust smiled and looked back at Zoom who rolled her eyes, no longer looking so grumpy. Stardust went up to her and put two hooves on her chest as she stood on her hind legs. Looking up into the eyes of the guard as she looked down at her. She had a close look at this blue mare’s purple eyes.

She gasped. Zoom had fur and purple eyes. Why was this so familiar? This was so familiar. Where had she seen a mare with purple eyes and a blue body before? She was a bit puzzled why she was staring into her eyes, getting interrupted by Thunder.

“You two having a staring contest?” He said with a smile. she blinked right before she looked at him. “Awww you lost!” He seemed pretty disappointed.

“We-“ She was just about to speak. But she felt Stardust climb on her. “Get off!” She grunted.

He smiled a bit as he watched the silly little innocent filly climb over Zoom. She proceeded to sit on her back similar to how Sparky sits on Hitch’s. Zoom stood in place, still looking displeased. Not really wanting to do much just yet, hoping she’d get bored and leave her alone.

“Fluffy?” Stardust said quietly. Eyeing the plume on Zoom’s helmet. She reached forward to touch it.But as a result she stretched out her neck, trying to get the plume out of her reach. But failing and shook her head. “No. You are not allowed to touch that!” She shouted.

“Why not? It can’t be that bad?”

“It’s part of my unifor-“

“She doesn’t want it to get dirty!” Thunder smiled. Getting a glare from her, he sighed as a result. “And it’s part of our uniform. Zoom wants to keep hers neat because she thinks it’s respectful.”

“It is respectful!” Zoom exclaimed. Using a wing to knock Stardust off balance, using her other wing and hoof to soften the fall. Stardust was completely unharmed.

“Well… Okay then..” Sh walked a few steps and up at her. Who looked down at her with a slight frown.

“Blue fur… Purple eyes… Why is this so… familiar? Like someone I used to know?”

Thunder opened his mouth but soon closed it as he thought on what to say. What did she mean? Purple eyes and blue fur looking familiar? Zipp was confused about her. He should remember to tell her. She might want to know. Even if it’s not important and Stardust is just referencing a game or cartoon or something.

“Dunno…” He answers. “You know someone?”

“Could this pony you’re describing be someone you know? Or are you just describing me just to see how I react?” Zoom asked.

When Stardust closed her eyes. She saw purple eyes, belonging to a pony with darker blue few. She only saw the eyes and then heard the voice of this pony.

“Stardust!”

Stardust gasped as she opened her eyes. Looking at Zoom straight in the eyes, she muttered with awe.

“Trixie!”

Trixie?”Asked Zoom. I’m not Trixie.

“Trixie?? Thunder questioned. “You know someone named Trixie?’

Stardust nodded and looked at Zoom. “She was… A friend.”

Thunder and Zoom looked at each other, puzzled. Then they both shrugged in agreement, thinking she was just talking about a toy or cartoon character. There was a pause before Stardust smiled at Zoom with a cheeky grin.

“Maybe I can give you a nickname?”

Thunder smiled slightly, wondering what the nickname would be. Zoom, however, scoffed and rolled her eyes as a result. Looking unhappy.

“Hit me…” She said, wanting to get this day over and done with. She wasn’t a babysitter. Why was this foal bothering with her, anyway? Her eyes widened when she gave her a big slap. Hitting her right across the front legs.

“Oi!”

Thunder chuckled a bit. “I think she meant give her the nickname…”

“Blueberry!”

"You already suggested that."

Thunder obviously found this kinda sweet. As he went. “Awww…”.

Much to her relief, Stardust was called over by Jazz.

“Stardust? Have you seen the pinkish purple polish bottle? I left it on this table.” Jazz asked, looking a little suspicious of the big smile this filly had.

“It’s playing hide and seek!” The filly walked over. “I put it on that table over there.”

“Bottles don’t play hide and seek.”

“They can!”

Zoom and Thunder looked at each other. This filly seemed pretty excited to be helping around this place. Which is fine. But who was she?

“She’s sweet.” Thunder smiled.

“But suspicious…” Zoom said, not noticing her glowing hooves, which soon stopped. With Thunder only getting a quick glance.

“Huh?” He then shook his head and shrugged. Thinking he was imagining things. Why would her hooves be glowing? Only earth pony hooves glowed, and that was only when using plant magic.

Actually. Zoom’s hooves had glowed before. But only once, when she woke up in the night. He never really thought about that moment till now. He was sleepy at the time, so he went back to bed, forgetting about it by morning came.


Stardust was walking through town, minding her own business. Jazz had given her some money by each of them so they could have a smoothie. She didn’t have to, but she decided to do it anyway. Because it would be kind of an interesting experience in this world of ponies. Who knows who she might meet.

She went towards a smoothie cart, that was farther down the street than it was usually. Apparently it belonged to an orange earth pony mare. What did Jazz say her name was again? Sunburn? Anyway, she peacefully went up to the counter and knocked on the cart.

“Oh! Coming! Oh, hello there!” The pony greeted with a smile. “What kind of smoothie would you like?” She asked as she looked down at her.

“Uh…” She paused, thinking of what to say. “I’m here on a quest! And I’m gonna complete it!”

Sunny smirked playfully. “Oh really? I’m willing you help you in this quest. I’m Sunny!”

Stardust looked up at her. She seemed happy, but it also felt there was more to her than it seemed. Pipp seemed pretty happy when she mentioned her. Must be her best friend or something.

“Well… My quest is buying a smoothie for myself, along with Jazz Grooves and Rocky… Oh, and Pipp!”

She nodded, a little puzzled but just simply went with it. She knew about the filly helping out at the salon for a few hours on certain days. Of course they were careful with her, so they wouldn’t break any child labor rules. It was just simple chores in the salon, after all. She didn’t have to come and do them if she didn’t have to.

“So. What smoothies do you want?”

Stardust tapped her hoof, she seemed a little confused. “They all asked for something called ‘The regular for me’”

She nodded and smiled. Easing her confusion. “I know what they mean. But what do you want?”

Stardust looked up at her and smiled slightly. “Can I have ‘The regular for me’ too? It must be amazing if it’s so popular!”

There was a pause. “Well… I can’t do that for you, unfortunately. It’s different for every pony. They all have their own ‘regular’ But. I can surprise you if you’d like!”

“That sounds great!” Stardust exclaimed with joy.


Stardust walked along the Main Street with the smoothies. They were all secure in some cardboard cup holders. It was easy to carry them. She walked along. Humming a toon as she balanced the carton in one hoof. Each cup had the pony’s initials drawn on. So there’d be no confusion at the salon.

Stardust noticed the initials. PP. Pipp Petal’s, obviously. RR… Rocky Road? Did Rocky order Rocky Road smoothie or was his name Rocky Road? Whatever, he’ll know it was his. Then there was JH? Did Sunny make a typo when she wrote Jazz Grooves’s initials? Grooves start with a “G”

The ponies thanked her on arrival.


That night. Stardust was cozy in her bed in her treehouse. Hugging a plush animal as she drifted off to sleep, excited to see what kind of dream she would have. Was it gonna be silly? Like ponies having a tea party on top of a bubble? Or would it be wholesome, like a day at the beach with friends? Or tense, but fun? Like defeating a bully?

She found herself in a starry place. With a path seemingly made of stars. She glared ahead, wondering what she could hear.

“Stardust?”

She looked around, confused. Wondering who this was. It sounded so familiar, like she knew who it was. But who was it and where were they? Why were they calling out for her? She looked around. Seeing a familiar unicorn. Then she realised.

“Trixie!?”

Trixie collapsed. Whimpering in pain. She groaned a bit, her hind legs were covered in some shadowy stuff. “Finally! The great and powerful Trixie managed to- ugh!” Sweat dripped from her as she tried to pull herself from the shadows.

“Trixie?”

“T-Trixie doesn’t have much time- ugh!” The shadows were halfway up her. She looked at Stardust with worry. “Dark Matter is returning but stronger!”

“What!?”

“The core! It shattered. Dark matter is regrowing!” Trixie whimpered as she watched the shadows overtaking her. She needed to summarise this, or else. “The magic inside the core is using a large chunk of core to regrow. Small shards of the core have scattered. Making some sort of dimension dungeon pocket!”

“Like from Pokémon Mystert Dungoen? No, wait? They aren’t dimensional things?”

Trixie didn’t bother to ask and presumed it was something from her old world. “Hurry!” She squealed. “You need to tell them about this so they can destroy the shard in each dungeon and eventually destroy Dark Matter!”

“Can’t they go straight to dark matter?” Stardust asked.

Trixie whimpered. “But any pony who had gotten lost and been processed in the dungeons will be killed if they don’t destroy them first! Please understand! I don’t have much time! The shadows are taking me over!” Tears appeared in her eyes as the shadows reached her neck.

“Stardust! You need to warn them and save the world!” She screamed. “Light shattered too. And is in three ponies!”

“Who!?” Stardust was shaking in fear. “Their hooves will glow and- The earth pony is teal, the pegasus is blue-“ Before she could explain the third one, the shadows covered her face. She flopped to the ground and was violently pulled into the dark shadowy mess.

“Who’s the unicorn!? What colour!? Trixie!?!” Stardust screamed out as she woke up. The sun was rising. “What was that? A dream?”