• Published 20th Nov 2023
  • 124 Views, 0 Comments

Equestria girls: before the reset - Abyssal_eclipse



This is the tale of Sunrise and her daughter Moonrise Shimmer and yes they are related to Sunset Shimmer though there is more at stake then they realize...

  • ...
 0
 124

Sunrise’s Arrival and a New Bond

It was a normal day at Canterlot High though it’s almost the end of the day and everyone was in their last class. Twilight and Sunset were in chemistry, Rainbow Dash was in history, Applejack and Pinkie Pie were in Gym, Trixie was in math, while Fluttershy and Rarity were in Language. After a few minutes the final bell had rung, so they could go home or go to their club rooms if they had one. Three girls went into the magic club room to practice and make new stage theatrics, while the other five went to the music room after they met up in the hallways.

Magic Club

“What kind of performance are we going to do with the orphans this time?” Trixie asked her two friends.

“We can try something new, but what?” Twilight said as they started brainstorming ideas to help the kids keep spirits high.

“We didn't do the same performance's while we were at each of the different orphanages. So the kids who were at those don't know about our other acts. How about we do something we have already done but mix it with some of the other performances, like a mix and match?” Sunset suggested,

“Don't know if it would work, but there's no harm in trying,” Trixie said as she looked outside, with a sad look on her face knowing that most of those kids won't have a home to go to. “Also Cadence and Shining are wondering when the servers are going to be fixed” she said turning her head to her roommates

“They will be done soon but the damage was impressive” Sunset said as she packed up the tools to make their equipment.

“Yeah it was but we still managed to fix it and recover what was stolen and made sure that we were the only ones with the access to the files and the code and we already have that area blocked off.” Twilight said while they were heading out the door.

As they walked out they could tell that there was something else going on with the statue’s base. There was an energy reading and they didn’t know if it would be safe to use for themselves as a power source so they were analyzing it and the readings of the new energy were at their highest. They didn't know what it meant so they continued studying it from afar.

Music room

The five there hoped for something new and exciting, as they learned more about music through practice before getting bored. They didn't know what to do after practicing some songs and tuning their instruments, so they just chatted it up with the rest, unsure what to do but one had a question on her mind. “Does anyone know where Crimson lives?” Fluttershy asked, with everyone else confused about what brought it up.

“Why are you asking us?” Applejack asked.

“Just wondering,” Fluttershy said before looking out at the statue being cast in an ethereal glow from the sun.

“No I don't think any of us do as he has managed to keep it a secret for a good while now and I think he wants to keep it that way.” Rarity said.

They decided to go home and turn in for the night not long after to ensure the next day went smoothly. After all, it was their first year of high school.


Outside during the night

The statue's base was shimmering with an unknown energy to this world. As the figure of a female fell out of what seemed to be a portal embedded in the base of the statue. She looked around wondering where she was and had to orient herself to her new body as she tried to get up from the ground.

She turned to look at where she came from confused, only to see a mirror and with it her reflection. In the reflection was a girl that looked like they were supposed to be in school. Her striped hair was light blue and bright yellow and her eyes were purple. Lowering her gaze she saw that she was wearing a sleeveless shirt and some blue jeans that were oddly quite comfortable. She did notice that she didnt have her horn anymore as well as the shape of her body was strange as it felt more like a monkey then what she was used to, being a pony and all… yet she wandered away from the tall looming building curious about her new surroundings.

She noticed that there was a slight breeze that brought a chill with it causing her body to shiver at the temperature change. As she walked she decided to learn all she could about the place she was in and the best way for her to learn about it was the library or school. So she made her way to the library only to encounter someone by bumping into them.

“Oh I'm sorry-” the person said, only to stop herself when she looked at the person she bumped into, and found a girl who looked similar to her missing sister. She had red and gold-orange striped hair, cyan eyes, a leather jacket that was open to reveal a t-shirt, and her pants were the same as Sunrise’s.

“Sunrise?” The strange sister look-a-like said in a questioning tone.

“How do you know my name?” Sunrise asked confused before suddenly her sister's look-a-like embraced her in a hug, catching Sunrise off guard. After a moment of hesitation she wrapped her arms around the girl, she then felt a cold wetness on her shoulder ‘is she crying?’ Sunrise thought to herself curious. “Sunset?” she asked confused “whats going on?” but all she heard was sobbing which only confused her more. After a few seconds, Sunrise felt that her new limbs started to feel weak, so she carried the look-a-like somewhere so that they could sit down and talk.

She walked over to the park carrying her sobbing sister’s look-a-like. After a while of walking she had ended up in a park near a bench. Sitting on the bench they were next to. She tried to calm Sunset’s look-a-like, after a few minutes that felt longer, she calmed down enough to speak and she said “sorry about that… I… haven't seen you in so long.” that confused Sunrise a bit which showed on her face. Sunset noticed the look “what I mean is you were taken by mom and dad after they left me alone at the door of an orphanage.” shocking Sunrise as the same thing happened with her sister and Sunrise never saw her again. Soon enough she was crying as well as she never knew what happened to her sister after that day.


Sunrise had moved in with Sunset and her roommates, having found a better life at the school, and even got herself a job at a dinner. The dinner was an odd one to her though she wasn't working there alone as there was another person there, a boy named Crimson Wind was there and ready to work. Their employer was a man named Dark Thomas Flame, he was certainly an odd person even to them but he helped them learn in the strangest of ways… LIKE REALLY HOW DO YOU ACCOMPLISH GEOMETRY WHILE DOING YOGA! she was still plotting her chance to take over Equestria at first, then an event happened that changed her life for the better.

It was after a day of working on the weekends when she found a baby in a box out back of the store next to the dumpsters crying. Curious, she walked over to the little one and carefully picked her up out of the box as the crying stopped at the feeling of warmth. That's when Sunrise noticed a note in the same box that was hidden under the baby so she took both to her employer who was closing up shop, “Uhh, boss?” she started to say worried and confused.

“Yes, Sunrise? Do you need something?” he asked with his back to her, curious as he always was while making sure that the place was clean while doing a handstand.

“I think I found something interesting outside while taking out the trash.” Sunrise said not really sure how to say she found a baby outside as he stood upright on his feet. “You might want to turn around to see her.” she said as she held up her arms to show what she found as he turned around to face her only to see the baby, he suddenly looked taken back by what he was looking at out of worry and fear.

He sighed, which confused Sunrise at first, causing her to ask worried, “is this common here?”

“Sadly it is.” he said before walking over to the sign and turning it to say closed. “Not everyone is good as everyone is unique in their own way. I struggled in certain subjects while excelling in others like art but you can't get everywhere by relying on yourself. Sometimes you need to let people in to find what you are missing… I was lucky to have a few friends with me to help me out, you know them as they work at the school you go to.” he said before sighing, “you live your life how you want to but sometimes in order to move forward you need to work on yourself. I still draw when I get the chance but you have to ask yourself ‘who do you want to be?’ and you need to understand that you are the only one who can change yourself.” he said before looking at the one in Sunrise’s arms “most are not lucky enough to survive when left alone. If you never found her she might have died a slow painful death by starvation or thirst. My friend Midnight Eclipse always saw the darkest parts of the world as that was all he could see, that's why he became a therapist as it was a way he could help others including those who really need it. Though he advised us, his friends to heed history as in his words, ‘those who don’t see the follies of the past will only repeat the disaster years later on a grander scale.’ which helped your history teacher to be where he is now.” her boss said in a somber tone “seeing this reaffirms that not everything you're told is true, but the choice is up to you” Sunrise had never seen her boss so serious before this as he was always goofing around and being a comedian.

The baby had woken up from a nap and looked at Sunrise before saying “Mama?” which were her first words. Sunrise then read the note only to find that it was degrading the baby and that the bio mother hoped for the baby to die. As she read her eyes got wider out of fear and rage for what was said as it reminded her of her own mother, she wouldn’t put it past her to do this.

She looked at the little one, “Yes little one, I’ll be your mama.” she said with a smile that made the little one smile and giggle as well. She was let off for a while to let her adjust to her new life while giving his batty friend a call. I only got half of the conversation.

“Yo, Night, there was another and I don't know for how long but it seems like she was recent. … Yeah I got that … Alright but the little one bonded to the one who found her and it's not me. … Sunrise found her out back near my dumpsters and don't worry about the art man … Yeah I get it but seriously? … Yeah you can tell them as the rest of the staff need to know about this. … Copy that, have a good night!”

“What was that about?” Sunrise asked curiously along with the baby who was sucking on her fingers.

He turned to them before saying “you’ll find out tomorrow” and letting me out the door before locking up completely. Sunrise knew that he meant that it was better to see it herself. He was a very strange guy though but at least he keeps the people entertained while he’s on stage and when they pack up their food he always gives it to the homeless that were around the city which did help them out. They don’t rely on him to do that as they get things from travelers and the tourists, yet he does it out of kindness. Sunrise wondered what the story for that was though it was a long walk home as she stopped by the store to get some things for her new daughter. She didn't know that she still needed the papers to make it official at the time. She had walked over to an acquaintance that she met through her half-sister. ‘I know she won't replace my actual sister but I'm not close to considering her my sis yet.’ she thought to herself.

Sunrise did have to explain to the girls why she had a child with her when she got to the house. Though the next day she was called to the teachers conference room. “What's this about?” Sunrise asked once inside the room.

“It's about the little one you found last night.” principal Celestia said, confusing her even more while making her worried. “Don’t worry, we only want to see her.” she said calmly. Sunrise then set the little one on the table before the nurse did a check up on the little one, while she was given a stack of papers which confused her once more.

“What are these for?” she asked while looking at the stack showing her confusion.

“Well, you want to adopt her, correct?” a female with green hair and black skin said. “Just sign those papers and she will be able to go with you after they see how you would do for her.”

Sunrise blinked a few times “who are you?” she asked.

“The name is Chrysalis and I am here to make sure that the process is smooth.” she said with an eerie grin. Sunrise shrugged and signed the papers as her new daughter crawled over to her once she was finished with her check up.

“She was definitely recent as she would have been a lot lighter and hungrier if she was there for longer.” the nurse said, watching the baby move “but what's her name?”

“I did feed her some baby food after getting to the house and her name is Moonrise as every Sun needs a Moon” she said causing the principal and vice-principal to look at each other and smile softly at one another before turning their heads to Sunrise and Moonrise.

The days went by as she spent time with her new daughter and she couldn't help but smile while teaching her daughter about different things. Sunrise realized that she was becoming a better person while trying to help Crimson relieve some stress only for a slow shift to happen throughout the year. Half way through he started to go by the name Windigo Sonim and he was harsh to everyone around him. Sunrise tried to help him to stop him, but it failed though she didn't give up hope that Crimson was in there as she didn’t know what he was dealing with. She did tell her friends about her old home, Equestria and how she was a bad person before finding Moonrise at that dumpster. In the end she made five new friends at the end of the first year.

Author's Note:

This will be t