• Published 31st Oct 2023
  • 1,232 Views, 21 Comments

An Uneasy Alliance - TheKing2001



When Sunset is casted out by the school and her friends, she forms an unexpected and unlikely alliance with three girls wishing to gain true magic.

  • ...
2
 21
 1,232

Chapter III


Sunset


I sat in the back of Trixie’s van as Lavender examined me intently. If it was any other circumstance, I’d be worried about being in the back of a van. Fuchsia and Trixie were up front, talking about something.

“How long have you three known I was innocent?” I asked Lavender curiously as the girl shrugged.

“Awhile I guess. I mean, you saved the world. I usually just follow Trixie around. But that doesn’t mean I can’t stand up for myself or make my own decisions,” Lavender said with a faint frown.

“Uh okay? I didn’t think that at all.”

“Oh. Good!” Lavender shrugged as her face brightened. “What’s your address, we can drop you off.”

“Canterlot Way at the Everfree Apartments. Apartment thirty six, top floor,” I said as Trixie nodded.

“Trixie knows the place. She lives around the corner,” Trixie said casually as I watched her.

“You girls are risking a lot you know? The others aren’t going to like you associating with me, especially not them,” I said quietly as I relaxed in my seat. Now I know where Trixie and the others hid their smoke bombs along with the rest of their magical supplies.

“I really don’t think we care about Rainbow Dash or the other Rainbooms,” Fuchsia scoffed as she glanced at me in the rear view mirror. “They’re idiots.”

“For believing the frame job?”

“For everything. Idiots all around.”

I stayed silent as Trixie kept driving. I didn’t really know what to say that. I knew these three had issues with the Rainbooms ever since the sirens, but I never cared enough to learn why. Probably the whole Twilight thing.

That had made a lot of people mad apparently, mainly Flash. I wasn’t there for him being a prick to Twilight but I had heard about it afterwards from the other girls.

“So how long have you three been dating?” I asked curiously as the three gave me stunned looks.

“What makes you think we are?” Lavender asked after she and the others recovered.

“I was in the bathroom washing my hands one day. I saw your shoes, Trixie’s and Fuchsia’s in the same stall as the two of you were crying out Trixie’s name. It didn’t take a genius to guess the three of you were having sex during a time when everyone else was in class,” I commented with a shrug. “I left, locked the bathroom door on the inside so you three wouldn’t be disturbed and boom.”

“Oh,” Lavender said as she turned a bright red. “You said no one would walk in on us! It’s the only reason I agreed to have sex with you in school!”

“I didn’t know!” Trixie shot back with an equally large blush. “We’ve been dating since middle school. I was kinda surprised that Lavvie agreed to do that on school property. Fuchsia was all for it but then again, she’s a bit of an exhibitionist.”

“I’m right here,” Fuchsia grumbled as she rolled her eyes before eying me. “Don’t tell anyone. It’s not exactly well received for three girls to date each other.”

“I don’t care if you three wanna start a herd or not. All the power to you. I never told anyone because I did have standards after all. I didn’t go after disabilities, sexuality, family or the kids in our school,” I said casually and looked out the window. “I’m not that cruel or well, wasn’t that cruel. It felt kinda awkward being in the bathroom during that whole thing so I left pretty quick.”

“Makes sense,” Lavender commented as she yawned. “School sucks. How are you feeling though?”

“Shitty, depressed and alone. But that’s pretty obvious to everyone. At least four of the faculty are friendly. Nurse Redheart is quite nice when you get past her stern exterior.”

I still hadn’t entirely thought about Principal Celestias offer of seeing a therapist. I didn’t really do the whole talking about my feelings thing unless it was with Twilight. We had briefly talked about this before something she called a friendship problem happened? Whatever the hell that means.

Nurse Redheart was pretty much the only person I’ve talked to, primarily because she can’t tell anyone what I tell her. Miss Cheerilee was pretty helpful too.

“So what was pony place like?” Trixie asked as she parked in front of my apartment.

“Pony place?” I asked in confusion as Fuchsia nodded. “Oh you mean Equestria. It’s okay. This world is so much more advanced.”

“How so?” Lavender asked curiously.

“We don’t have tvs, electricity or video game consoles. We have arcade machines that are powered by magic. We don’t have plans or cars, but we do have coal powered trains.”

“That sounds awful,” Trixie muttered and gave a little shudder. “No electronics is a fate worse than death. At least you have magic though.”

“That we do,” I chuckled as I fiddled with my hands. “We can control the weather too.”

Lavenders eyes lit up as she grinned widely.

“Controlling the weather must be awesome!” The blonde haired girl gushed as the other two laughed. “I’d make it sunny all the time!”

I wish it was sunny all the time. I didn’t really enjoy the snow much until I came here. And don’t even get me started on the rain. I know it’s important and all, but it’s hard to walk in and drive in.

“Can you control the weather?” Fuchsia asked eagerly as I shook my head, watching her face fall.

“Nah I’m not a pegasus. I can only do a few other spells. Teleportation, transformation the like. Teleporting is a very basic spell for us but only a few can do long distances,” I explained as I opened the van door. “Thanks for the ride. Maybe some time you can hang out more.”

“Maybe,” Trixie agreed as I shut the door. I watched them drive away as I quickly darted inside the complex to the elevator, entering it and impatiently counting the floors. I hated how slow this elevator was. It dinged and I stepped out, speed walking to my apartment.

I fumbled with the key a bit before unlocking the door and pushing it open, closing it behind me as I jumped on the couch. I pulled my journal close to me and grinned internally, pressing my pen against a clean page.

Hey, Twilight! I finally got some people who believe I’m innocent. And you won’t believe who they are!