• Published 10th Oct 2023
  • 1,060 Views, 7 Comments

Your Name Across The Multiverse - DATONETWIxDASHFAN



Rainbow Dash(s) and Twilight(s) are sent into the multiverse by touching a shard from the Rainbow comet

  • ...
3
 7
 1,060

Chapter 7: The Remaining Lights Within the Darkness

Bolt was staring at the monster, who was ready to attack again. The slime was building up and was forming a giant fist, aiming at her. The fist came down, crashing into the slime, but nothing happened. The fist was gone, the monster was confused, and Bolt was laughing.

"You're kidding, right? This is all you got, ugly?" laughed Bolt, as her eyes shine bright blue. Another slime fist was moving towards Bolt, but it was burning as it got close to Bolt's aura, who was waving her hoof and having a smug smile on her face.
The slime monster roared in anger and sent every single slime it had at her. The ooze was coming from all directions, but none could reach her. Bolt was floating in the air, as she was surrounded by the ooze. She looked around and smiled.

"Alright! This is fun! Come on!" challenged Bolt, as the ooze was burning, melting, and evaporating around her. "Oh, you're done," said Bolt, as the ooze was gone and the ooze creature was staring in anger and yet studying Bolt.

"So, what's next?" asked Bolt, who was still smiling.

The giant monster raised its front left leg and slammed it down.

"Is that the best you can do?" asked Bolt, who was waiting to see what would happen, but suddenly, the monster, in smaller form and wearing a melting jacket and having a black, melting halo above its head, was in front of her and grabbed her.

"What the heck!" shouted Bolt as she struggled to break free, noticing this new creature wasn't burning away like the other slime attacks she countered.

"What is going on!" asked Bolt, who was looking at the creature and saw its melted mouth moving.

"Rainbow," said the creature as it opened its mouth and started to gather twisted rainbow energy, pointing it at Bolt's face.

"That doesn't answer my question," replied Bolt, who was watching the rainbow energy slowly change into a large rainbow orb.

"Rainbow..." spoke the creature once more.

"Okay, you got one shot."

"BREAKER!" finished the creature as it shot the energy orb into Bolt's face.

"What the..." said Bolt as she quickly used element control and teleported away from the creature's attack. She reappeared above and sighed with relief as she saw the huge laser beam wiping out the slime in that direction, as the whole universe was an endless sea of black slime.

"Damn it, that was close," smiled Bolt as she watched the beam disappear and the creature, which was still wearing a black melted jacket, turn its attention to her.

"Rainbow...Breaker," said the creature as its halo changed to a rainbow halo, which was sparking and shining brightly.

"What are you, a parrot?" laughed Bolt as she saw the creature charging another attack, so she teleported away as the creature fired the attack again.

"Come on, tell me something; I don't know," said Bolt, who was watching the creature, who was following her movements

The creature roared in anger and started to move towards her.

"Oh, come on. You're not a huge slime monster anymore; try speaking for real." grinned Bolt, as the creature was flying towards her and it was still gathering rainbow energy. The halo was now sparkling, and a second rainbow halo appeared and was shining and changing into a different color.

"Rainbow...Breaker."

"Oh, you are a parrot."

"RAINBOW BREAKER!"

"Oh, shit!"

The creature shot its rainbow attack at her. As she dodged the attack, the creature was still firing its rainbow beam nonstop, and Bolt was dodging the endless beams.

"What a waste of time," said Bolt, who was getting tired from teleporting and not knowing when the creature would stop.

"Rainbow...Break...er," spoke the creature as its halo started to change once more and the color was no longer rainbow.

"Great, your starting to get the hang of it, come on, say something." grinned Bolt as the creature roared once more, but this time its voice was different.
"Rai...bo...Bre...k...er."

"Wow, your learning. Maybe we can be friends after this."

"RAINBOW...BREAKER."

"I'm sorry, can you speak up?"

"RAAIIINNNNNNBOOOOWWWWW..."

"Wait, what?"

The creature opened its mouth; its halo was now sparkling, and its color was a deep black as it slowly hovered over the creature's mouth, which was getting wider.

"I don't think you should do that," said Bolt as she watched the creature's mouth, now detached from its joints and hanging freely.

The creature roared and created a black ball of energy, and the creature fired its beam through the halo, which was hitting the beam and making it grow larger, as the energy was now a large black ball.

"Oh, shit!" said Bolt as she realized what the creature was doing and knew it would be hard to avoid, as the attack was now bigger than it was before. She knew she couldn't avoid this one, even with element control. She closed her eyes and started to glow with energy. This move might save her butt, but she needed to charge fast, or she's toast.

"Alright, you big ugly, let's dance!" shouted Bolt as the beam was coming and her aura was getting stronger.

The black beam and golden aura collided, and it was a struggle. Both were trying to push their energy and power forward.

"Come on, give me everything you got," taunted Bolt as the creature roared, its black energy was getting stronger, and the black halos were joined by another halo. The third halo was now a deep, dark red and was floating over to the creature as it was going into the beam, making it darker.

"Oh, hell no!" shouted Bolt as she saw this and could feel her power going down. "Damn, even in Super State 2, I can't really do much... No! I need to start attacking rather than dodging! Let's do this! Light Speed Fast with Element Control!" shouted Bolt as, within a blink of an eye, she blasted through the monster's beam, splitting it in half and landing a strong punch in the monster's face, blasting half of its melting face into nothingness.

"You want some more, you ugly, fat, drip ink!" shouted Bolt as she fired a small blast of rainbow energy, which made a huge crater on the creature's head, leaving it headless.
The headless monster was in shock, as its halo was now four halos, and two were a bright pink, and the other two were a light blue.

"RAINBO," said the headless creature, whose voice was now different and much deeper.

"Let me guess, Rainbooowbreaker, am I right?" taunted Bolt, who was grinning and not showing any fear or tiredness.

"RAINBOOOW...BREAKER," spoke the creature, whose voice was now a much deeper version of the previous voice. The four halos were now floating, and the colors were changing once more.

The halos were now a mix of all the colors, and Bolt was sure they weren't supposed to be like that, as the halos were slowly changing into a dark purple.

"Rainbow...Breaker" spoke the creature, as its voice was much deeper and had an echo, and Bolt knew that if she didn't attack, the creature was about to fire another deadly attack, this time it would end her.

"I'm not going to let you do that, pal," said Bolt, as the dark purple halos was now a dark and glowing energy ball and was ready to be shot at her.

Bolt quickly gathered a huge amount of her power and focused on the monster, its dark energy, and the dark halos.

"Light speed fast, with element control!" shouted Bolt, as her whole body was now a blinding yellow and light green aura, but as Bolt did that, the Rainbow Comet that was behind the creatures was slowly fading into black, as the rainbow tail was becoming black and fusing with the purple halo attack.

"I'm ending this, you ugly piece of ink trash!" shouted Bolt, who was rushing at the creature as it was firing its beam, which was now a black and purple beam, that was heading straight at Bolt.

Bolt was now a blinding light, as she was moving faster than light, and her body was glowing much brighter and stronger than before.

"You're dead, monster," growled Bolt, who was charging straight at the beam.

"RAINBOW BREAKER!" screamed the creature, as its attack was growing in size and strength.

"ELEMENT CONTROL!" shouted Bolt. As her eyes shined a lighter blue aura and her body was covered in a rainbow aura, she flew at the beam, breaking the barrier of light and speed and creating a shiny Sonic Rainboom.

"You're done for!" laughed Bolt, who was laughing, pushing her way through the beam, and getting close to the monster.

"I've got you!" said the headless creature as its head reformed and it smirked as Bolt was almost face-to-face with it, in shock that it spoke for the first time.

"What-" said Bolt as she was suddenly cut off, as the smirking creature created a very tiny black-red orb between them. Within seconds, the orb suddenly grew into the largest energy orb that Bolt has ever seen in her life; she was basically a super tiny dot compared to it.

"Oh, I'm so screwed." said Bolt, who was in pure shock and had her jaw open.

The huge orb was growing bigger, and Bolt was losing the pushing fight as she caught it, as the monster was pushing the orb. The orb was blasting Bolt back and was still growing.

"You're not already giving up, are you?" asked the creature, as the orb was covering Bolt's entire body and she was giving it all to not be engulfed in it.

Bolt was struggling to not give up; she couldn't, she wouldn't, but she couldn't think of anything to get out of this one. She couldn't use combined light speed and element control to get this one. The orb was too close and too huge; it was helpless, as all she could do was push back the orb.

"Why aren't you attacking, Bolt?" asked the monster, who was staring at her within the orb, seeing her struggling.

"How do you know my name, monster?"

"I saw your life and your story when I visited your universe. You're a lot weaker than I thought."

"Shut up! I can take you down, monster!"

"Do you really believe that?"

"I'm going to kick your butt, pal!"

"No, you can't, and you won't."

"I will, and you can't stop me!"

"I'm stronger than you will ever be. You're just a weak, puny Pegasus who believes fighting so-called gods, machines, and powerful monsters will make you strong and a great hero."

"I'll win this, monster! like I always do! Just watch!"

"I'm watching, and all I see is a weak, pathetic excuse of a hero, a failure, a worthless nobody. A copy cat of the real thing."

"SHUT UP!" shouted Bolt as the giant energy was sending her far away from the creature, and the orb was starting to become unstable as the energy was blasting out of it.

"Weakling," whispered the creature, whose voice was much deeper and more distorted than before.

Bolt was breathing heavily; her mind was filled with anger, pain, and confusion. Her body was in a lot of pain, and she was losing hope, and the element emeralds were almost out of power, like they were being drained. Was it because the emeralds were, for the first time ever, giving it all to repel the attack? She can't stop, and she can't give up—not now, not ever—but for the first time in her life, she was scared for her life.


Meanwhile, the others were watching the battle in front of them and were speechless. Heat was screaming for Bolt to teleport away or do something.

"Bolt, please..." cried Heat as she saw her friend, whose aura was slowly fading, as she was getting engulfed in the huge energy orb.

"There has to be something, anything, we can do to help her," said Terra, whose voice was filled with fear.

"She's trying her best to push back a hypergiant like sun." replied Flare, feeling helpless; even she couldn't do much to repel that attack as well.

"It's almost the same size as the UY Scuti. Even if she somehow escapes it, the orb is starting to become unstable. The blast will kill her and us," said Wanda as she accepted her fate and took out her photo of her mother.

"So, this is the end, then?" asked Aaira, who's eyes were filling up with tears as she saw Bolt was now in the orb.

"No, Bolt wouldn't give up, and neither would I." Heat replied, her face stern and serious, as she turned to the group, "Wanda, use your barrier; I'm going to stop casting this energy barrier around you guys. I need to help Bolt!"

"It will kill you! Even you can't handle the blasting power of a hypergiant!" shouted Wanda, who was horrified that Heat would even try to take on that orb; even Bolt couldn't.

"Bolt won't survive unless I help her! Even if it means if I have to give my life for her!" shouted Heat as she was forming blazing flames around herself.

"But Bolt will-" tried Wanda, who was stopped by Heat.

"I know! But I don't care! If Bolt dies, so will I!" shouted Heat, whose body was now fully covered in fire, as her face was serious.

"Heat," whispered the group, as they were shocked by her words. She would rather die beside the pony who means the world to her.

"Wanda, activate the barrier," ordered Heat, whose voice was serious and not showing any emotion, as she was about to fly away from the barrier when everyone could see a rainbow pillar of light in front of them as the ground returned and the crater was back.

"What's going on?" asked Berry as she and everyone else covered their eyes.


Back with Bolt, her body could feel the surface of the energy orb as it was starting to burn her body; her super state was taking damage.

"Don't give in," said Bolt, as she was breathing heavily and her body was in so much pain. "There has to be a way!"
Bolt closed her eyes as she was focusing, but then a voice spoke out to her.

"You're not giving up, are you, Bolt?" asked the voice, which had a deep, serious tone to it.

Bolt could see Shadow Dust, her fake lookalike, rival and friend, as she stood there with arms crossed.

"Don't give up! You are Bolt!" said another voice, as Bolt could see her little pal, Scoots the griffon, as she stood next to Dust.

Soon, Bolt could see all her friends, her enemies who turned good, and even those who hated but respected her, as they were all standing there, cheering her on.

"You can do this!" said Anna, her pink pony friend, who was smiling and nodding at her.

"Don't give up!" shouted Discord, who was smiling and cheering her on.

"Come on, you can do it, Bolt!" shouted AJ as she pounded the ground with force.

"Everyone..." whispered Bolt as she started to cry. Her friends were all here, and they were supporting her. She could see Heat, and she was also smiling and shouting for her to go.

"You're Bolt, the most stubborn Pegasus alive!" cried Heat as tears fell from her eyes. "That's why I love you!"

Bolt's eyes opened wide as tears were falling out; her face was red as an apple, and her eyes were shining as she was back in front of the energy orb.

"I can't lose here! Not now, not ever!" said Bolt as she was smiling, and she felt her power returning; her aura was coming back, but something else was happening; the emeralds were somehow floating around her and beaming with a strong glow, like they were cheering her on as well.

"This is my destiny, and no one, not even some monster, will get in my way!" shouted Bolt as the seven element emeralds, the source of her power, were beaming brightly and glowing much more than before; it was so bright that their light almost could be seen on the surface of the giant orb.

"You're not giving up, are you? It seems I have underestimated you; after all, you remind me of 'her'..." said the creature, as it's eyes narrowed and it was grinning as it was hovering above the orb.

Bolt started to think back, back to the day when the Ark almost crashed into their planet. She remembered how she and Dust stopped it, but even in her super state 2, will it be enough for her to pull it off by herself? Even on this scale?

"If this works, I could get out of this, but no doubt the emeralds will completely be drained," said Bolt, as the emeralds were helping her push back the orb.

"Element control, with a boost of state 2," mumbled Bolt as she was getting ready to unleash her teleporting move.

"Element..." whispered Bolt, as her whole body was a blinding yellow aura. "Control!" shouted Bolt as the seven emeralds started to float around her and started to spin, releasing everything they had as they and Bolt sent an energy wave that somehow almost covered the hypergiant energy orb. They were pushing with everything, and soon Bolt could feel her state 2 form, depowering her back to her normal super state. Even with that, she kept pushing the wave across the giant orb, but soon the emeralds started to go dim and gray. One by one, the emeralds went dark and lifeless. Bolt could feel it; her super form was about to go as well.

"No, not yet!" cried Bolt, as the wave was moving slower and slower as it almost covered the orb surface, but as the last emerald went out, so did her super form, and she was back to being normal. Her body was hurting, her lungs were burning, she could barely breathe, her legs were tired, her eyes were barely opening, and she was using all her power to not pass out, but she pushed through it all as she grabbed the once blue emerald and screamed to the heavens. "I'M NOT BACKING DOWN! THAT'S WHAT LOYALTY IS!"

The emeralds surround Bolt and in Bolt's hoof, the blue emerald started to glow once more but started to crack as they fired off one last energy burst, completely covering the orb and teleporting it away in a flash. She could see a tiny dot within the darkness, appearing and disappearing, as that was where she sent the orb. She did it.

"I-I did it," cried Bolt, as her whole body was in pain

"Not yet; you haven't," whispered the creature as she floated to her.


Back with the others, they could see Bolt teleporting the hypergiant energy orb away and, at the same time, seeing a Bolt lookalike standing in the crater.

"Bad timing, another version of "me" showed up," said Flare as she watched the newcomer look around and finally look at them.

"It looks like we're back."

"Back? Wait, are you the pegasus mare that was teleported away when those shards fell?" quickly asked Wanda as she hurried over to the pegasus, who was wearing a cool-looking blue jacket.

"You can say that," replied the mare as she looked up and could sense "her" and Bolt. "Sorry, no time to chat. Gonna give this to Bolt before "she" finishes her off," said the mare as she took out a huge green emerald, causing Heat to ask her where she got that from, as she knows it's the Master Element Emerald. "AJ and the rest of Bolt's friends gave it to me. I got to go!"

Everyone watched as a rainbow halo appeared behind the mare's back, two long wings burst through her jacket, and she took off like a speeding rocket.


Bolt could see the emeralds were done. They lost all their powers, were completely dark, and had cracks around their surface.

"Thanks, old friends..." said Bolt as tears fell out and her whole body was feeling like jelly.

"You really are something," said the creature as its eyes were looking down at her, a huge grin across its face.
Bolt could feel herself slipping into the darkness as her whole body was in pain and she couldn't support herself.

"Breaker..." said the creature as its mouth opened and the dark energy was forming and blasted towards the defenseless Bolt but was quickly reflected by the mare that appeared. The creature and the bigger version of it behind it went wide in surprise.

"You! Can't be!" said the creature as it stood there and watched the mare hover near Bolt, who was breathing heavily and could barely open her eyes.

"You can do it, Bolt!" cried the mare, who was holding the master emerald, and the rest of the emeralds slowly floated to their master version. "Something tells me you know what to do with this. It's from your friends."

Bolt could hear her voice as her eyes opened, and she could see the big emerald in front of her and the smaller ones floating around it, almost like they were recovering their powers.

"The emeralds...the master emerald..." said Bolt as she weakly smiled as she raised her hoof to touch the emerald, but the moment her hoof touched it, the master emerald started to glow, as the smaller ones started to glow, and they started to float around her, with their colors returning and their surfaces being fixed.

"Bolt, you can do it; don't give in to fate and keep flying." cried the mare, whose eyes were filling with tears, as Bolt closed her eyes, and the emeralds, one by one with a flash, grew to the same size as the master version and were slowly spinning around Bolt, who opened her eyes and smirked at the slime monster.

"You can't win!" roared the creature as it fired a dark blast towards the pair but was quickly stopped by the master emerald.

"My loyalty to protecting others will never waver; I indeed fought machines, monsters, and gods. They were indeed mighty, but I always stand on top." Bolt said as the emeralds started to spin faster.

"What can one mote of golden light illuminate within the dying universe abyss? Countless stars. Countless worlds. Countless lives. Are all going to break by me, all brought to nothing? To be broken, that's why I was created!" shouted the creature, but Bolt and her lookalike could see tears in its eyes.

"The reason why I am here is..." replied Bolt. Her body was glowing like a white star, and her aura was shining like a rainbow. Soon the giant emeralds fused into Bolt's body and created a giant rainbow star, revealing within that shining star, was Bolt and her skin was white now, her eyes were red, her jacket became black, and finally, her mane was long and silver white with bits of lighter rainbow colors in her mane. "You are not the one who will decide the fate of the multiverse!"

Not even in a second, Bolt was behind the creature, with her arms crossed, looking back at it, as the creature was shocked.

"H-how! That power!" cried the creature, as Bolt didn't reply and just kept looking at it with anger in her eyes.

"You fought me in my super and super state 2. Now you face me in my hyper form," said Bolt, as her voice had a deeper and more serious tone to it.

"YOU DARE COPY "HER"!" screamed the monster as it tried to turn around but blasted away while Hyper Bolt didn't move her body once.

Bolt shouted out to her lookalike and asked her name.

"It's Rainbow Blitz. The cause of this mess"

"Mess? What do you mean?"

"Well, long story short, I'm not from this universe. My universe is up there," said Blitz as she pointed to the Rainbow comet.

"The comet?" asked Bolt, who was looking at the comet.

"The comet, the Rainbow Comet, is not just a comet; it's the remains of a dead universe. My universe," said Blitz, as she explained to the super-powered Pegasus.

"Wait, wait, a dead universe?! What do you mean by that?" asked Bolt, who's mind was racing.

"The reason I'm here and now is because there's still a spark left in her. Her dying hope," replied Blitz as she could see the monster returning, "to save her. To remember her, the real her."

"The "real" her?" Bolt said, but she quickly guessed what's going on here, as she had seen this before in her past adventures. "I get it. Someone was corrupted and became that," said Bolt, pointing to the slime monster.

"Correct," replied Blitz.

"Okay, let's go, but let me blow off some steam first." said Bolt, who could feel her rage returning, and it was getting ready to combat the monster again.

Blitz nodded, and with that, the pair charged at the slime monster, which was roaring in the background. Its eyes were filled with hate and rage; it was screaming at why Bolt was copying "her" and why Blitz was here, but Bolt quickly punched it in the gut.

"I like it when you just say repeated rainbow breaker," said Bolt, who was punching the slime creature's back with a glowing rainbow fist while Blitz was letting her do all the work as she needed to head to the comet.

"It's not over! I will win, Bolt! You can't stop me!" roared the creature as its fist slammed against her.

"Don't count on it," said Bolt, her right arm glowing bright, and she slammed it against the creature, sending it flying back and crashing into the comet surface, creating a crater.

"Why are you copying her, Bolt?" said the creature as its eyes narrowed at her, and then it could see the rainbow trail following Bolt, and the fact that her whole body was radiating with light made it more madder.

"No clue what you are on about!" said Bolt, who was rushing at it, her hoof slamming against the creature's face and sending it flying deeper into the crater.

"YOU ARE COPYING "HER"!" roared the creature; its voice could be heard across the comet surface, its roar echoing across the multiverse, as the walls of between were cracking against the sea of black ooze.

"If you want me to copy someone, how about this?" said Bolt, her body was shining with rainbow colors and creating a rainbow halo in her hoof. As the monster looked up and was shocked, a figure could be seen, a figure that was all too familiar to the slime creature, a figure that was like a reflection of Bolt. She looked over to Blitz, who was behind Bolt.

"Why did you come, Blitz? You shouldn't have come here, not after what happened to everyone...to everything," whispered the creature, who was looking at Blitz; its eyes were full of sadness.
Bolt slammed her hoof into the slime monster, breaking the comet surface and revealing a hollow center, and within was a small floating dead city. Bolt entered the hole, followed by Blitz, who spoke as if a piece of the monster was floating near.

"To undo my mistake, This time. I'm going to save you."

The creature shed a tear before its mass started to cover the broken comet surface.

"It's already too late, Blitz. I can't be saved anymore. All the worlds are going to break. Breaking by me. And there's nothing that can stop it." replied the slime monster, its voice echoing across the hollow world. The darkness covered the city as the hole was covered, leaving Bolt and Blitz, the last remaining lights in the darkness. Until the other four lights appeared in the city, soon more lights filled within the dark city as prism-windows appeared across the cityscape.

end of chapter 7