• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 1,554 Views, 45 Comments

Equestria's chain of conflicts - Dranz_89



This story takes place some years in the future, and tells a little of back story of pony's history

  • ...
16
 45
 1,554

The new game has begun

When Discord snapped his eagle fingers with that mocking smile in his face, Princess Celestia fell on the floor like a puppet whose strings have been cut. Upon this, Princess Luna confronted the Draconequus, her wings spread and her horn glowing, but Discord laughed at her, he snapped his eagle fingers again, and the princesses horns and wings were separated from their respectives bodies with a pop sound, like the pieces of a plastic toy. The whole crowd around them was horrified.

"No! Princess!" Twilight ran to her teacher's side, and shook her body trying to wake her up. "It can't be... not like this..."

"Awww! Stop all this drama, Twi." Discord popped out beside Twilight. "She is not dead. She's just asleep, I don't think she'll wake up anytime soon, though."

"Discord!" Princess Luna fell in anger. "I demand you return our horns and wings, or else..."

"Or else what?" Discord said. "You'll use the Elements of Harmony to turn me into stone? I already took the elements for our little game."

"We don't need the Elements of Harmony!" Moondancer stepped up with a confident smile on her face. "We have the Rainbows of Light and Darkness on our side!" She released the Rainbow from the pendant, drifting in the air, twisting and dancing like a feather suspended on the air, then, it quickly headed Discord's way.

However, Discord who was disguised as a baseball catcher, trapped the Rainbow in his glove, then he turned the glove into a glass filled with a multicolored liquid, and he drank it all in one gulp.

"Umm, it tastes like Rainbow," he said, and then, he burped a multicolored gas out of his mouth.

"No way... the Rainbows... How could this happen?" Moondancer's smile faded, and bacame a disapointed gesture, lowering her ears.

"Discord is the Spirit of Chaos," Skyclaw said. "an almighty being with powers even beyond our comprehension. Even light or darkness are mere toys for him to play."

"Skyclaw! Lednik! And the former god of the winds, Quetzalcóatl!" Discord spread his arms and showed a joyful face. "How happy I am to see you again. You guys and my friend Fluttershy put quite the show back then. I am so proud of you, Fluttershy!" he pinched Fluttershy's cheek.

"I am not like you, and I am not your friend!" Fluttershy released herself from Discord, and aimed every bit of her anger at the draconequus.

"Aww, c'mon Flutters," Discord said, "you're not angry at me because of my little prank from the last time, aren't you?"

"No, I'm not!" Fluttershy replied, "I'm angry at you because you betrayed my friendship, and used me as a toy for your little prank."

"Yeah! And you fooled me too, you broke a Pinkie Promise!" Pinkie Pie added, she was red of anger.

"Not to mention the tragedy which your little prank caused!" Twilight also said.

"Ah... yes.... I remember that..." Discord quieted down for a while, "anyway, accidents happen, don't you agree?" he came back to his old self.

"It's time to get our little show started," he added, and created a stage out of nowhere. The Ponies of Harmony showed up on it, alongside with him, he was wearing a shiny blue suit, just like a host of a contest television show, and the little Screwball dressed as his assistant, with a fancy red dress and a red hair bow on her mane.

"Once again, you'll have to find the Elements of Harmony, You will only find them where they were originally discovered." Discord announced.

"Heh! We've heard that before, looks like you're out of ideas." Rainbow Dash laughed.

"We'll see if you keep thinking that, once the game is started." Discord got closer to the pegasus, face to face with her, midclosing his eyes and smiling. "But first, it's time to set the rules."

First, the usual: All the Ponies of Harmony must play.

Number two: Ponies of Harmony must find their respective Element without the help of other Pony of Harmony, or it doesn't count, and naturally, I win.

And last but not least: No help from your dragon friends.

Discord clapped his eagle claw and lion paw together, and suddenly, the three dragons shrinked almost as big as a parastripe. Skyclaw tried to summon a storm, and the storm was created matching his current size, it was like a small rain that could only be catastrophic for little ants.

"Now, good luck everypony! I'll be watching the show from the throne room, with my special guests Luna and Celestia, if she wakes up, that is."

After his speech, Discord and her lovely Screwball floated for a while, dragging the princesses and the Queen of Changelings with them, and laughing out loud, until they randomly disappeared. Inmediately, the damage made in Canterlot Palace and all of Equestria by the battle against King Sombra was repaired, but not before long, all the structures, including the palace began to slowly float on the air as aerostatic balloons lifting off from the ground. Discord had begun to create his chaotic world once again.

"The elements where they were originaly found..." Twilight began to think.

"Fine! We found the elements inside the castle ruins in the Everfree Forest, right? We should go there!" Rainbow Dash stated and lifted off.

"Hold on, Rainbow!" Applejack holding the pegasus by the tail with her mouth, "He said we must find them by ourselves, which means they must be in different locations."

"What should we do, then? I don't know anything about my element. How am I supposed to find it on my own?" Rarity whined.

"Actually, I dunno a hay 'bout mine either." Applejack added.

"I got it, I studied the origin of the elements of harmony," Twilight said. "and I read something about where they were originally discovered. You see, the elements themselves weren't discovered, they were crafted by ponies. What was actually discovered was the jewel attached to each element."

"The star shaped jewel attached to my tiara was discovered somewhere in the Crystal Mountains. The apple jewel, the Element of Honesty, was found in the Foal Mountains to the east. The thunder shaped ruby, the Loyalty, was found inside some cave on the Smokey Mountain. The Element of Laughter was found somewhere in San Palomino Desert. The Element of Generosity was found far to the southeast, in the Hayseed Swamps. And the Element of Kindness, was found behind one of the Neighagra Falls."

"I'm heading to the desert?" Pinkie Pie grunted, "Fine! The sooner I find that thing, the sooner we'll erase Discord's smile," she turned around and started walking.

"Wait! I'll go with you!" Lickety Split announced, but Discord appeared between them.

"Oh ho ho, breaking the rules already?" he said.

"No I'm not." Lickety Split said.

"Yes, you are! I said the Ponies of Harmony must play alone." Discord replied.

"No, you said Ponies of Harmony must play without another Pony of Harmony." Lickety Split smiled at him, and she said, "I am not a Pony of Harmony, so I can help Pinkie. You're not changing the rules so you can win, right? That's just cheap."

"I am not cheap! Alright, you win this one, but only if Pinkie is ok with it." Discord announced and dissapeared again.

"Do whatever you want." Pinkie said to Lickety Split, who made a worried face and walked behind Pinkie Pie.

"I must not leave her alone." Quetzalcóatl rushed to Pinkie and Lickety Split.

Soon, the rest of the ponies also made their teams, Scootaloo joined Rainbow Dash, and Rainbow Dash asked Ditzy Doo if she wanted to come. The Apple sisters were arguing, as always, while Rarity and Sweetie Belle were hugging. Sweetie Belle decided to go with Fluttershy and Skyclaw, and Rarity was teaming up with Moondancer and Lednik.

"See? Rarity is letting her sister go! And Sweetie Belle is two years younger than me!" Applebloom yelled.

Applejack sighed and finally agreed, "Okay, you can come, but you're coming, because I told you to!" she said. She, then, mumbled to herself, "since when did Rarity become a better sister than me?"

Twilight asked Spike, Shining Armor and Guardian Sword to stay to take care of Princess Celestia, but the pegasus refused to stay and decided to go with her again.

"All your friends have companions." Guardian Sword said, "I will not leave you go alone."

"With that broken wing you'll only slow me down." Twilight said.

"Please, let me help you, Miss Twilight. I'll protect you, even if I have to lose both of my wings." the pegasus asked her.

Twilight looked at him directly to his eyes, Guardian Sword has this sincere eyes, they were the eyes of a chivalrous knight, the kind of eyes she saw from another pegasus she used to know. Twilight turned around and rejected Guardian Sword's help. "I'm sorry, I can't" she said, and left.

Rarity couldn't help but to hear them, "Wait for me, just a minute." she said to her companions.

Twilight was running to through the city with floating buildings, she stopped for a while, tears were dropping from her eyes.

"Twilight." Rarity's voice called for her.

"Keep it to yourself." Twilight said, a little mad.

"No, Twilight. It's time to talk about it." Rarity insisted. "It's hurting you more than ever, you have to drop that weight off your shoulders."

"I can't... he said he would be with me until the very end." Twilight turned, with some more tears in her eyes.

"And he did, Twilight. Now you must carry on."

"I was, and everything was fine, until Guardian Sword appeared with his shiny red eyes and..."

"Darling, I understand how you feel." Rarity grabbed Twilight's shoulder, and talked to her with a soft voice. "But you must accept the fact, Sir Flash Sentry is dead, and it wasn't your fault."

"It WAS my fault. If I hadn't been a princess, he wouldn't have to protect me. And now, Guardian Sword is on the same track, he has already hurt one of his wings, it's just a matter of time before he gives his life for mine."

"No! If Flash Sentry had a second chance, I bet my design career that he would do the exact same thing again, not because you were a princess, royal titles have nothing to do with it, he did it because he loved you. So keep on living, have fun, fall in love. Flash Sentry gave you his life, don't waste it all on regret."

"I loved him too. It hurts so much." Twilight dropped more tears on Rarity's shoulder.

"I know it's hard." Rarity palmed her friend's back. "And of course it's unfair, too. But don't remember how he died, you should remember how he lived. Remember that memories exist for all the precious moments that your heart still wants to keep, somewhere deep inside of you."

"Well, we must be going, darling. Those elements aren't going to find themselves. No more crying, right?"

"Right." Twilight cleaned her tears, and smiled at Rarity. "Thank you, you are a wonderful friend."

The teams parted ways, each one heading to a different extreme of Equestria, and the night covered the skies. Meanwhile, in the observatory on the Frozen North, The Observer was watching the sky through her telescope. A dark blue sky filled with dancing stars iluminated the white snow like reflectors on a theater stage, as a large chariot pulled by four ponies landed in front of the observatory. Another tall pony, a little taller than Celestia, walked down the chariot and opened the door.

"No one can study under this conditions." The Observer was gazing at the unquiet stars, that made it more difficult for the unicorn to keep watching. "Dancing stars, very childish."

Soon, the Observer realized she had guests by hearing footsteps coming from the stairs. It was an unicorn wearing a black cloak.

"Hello, hello, hello," she greeted with relaxed voice, calm and elegant, and a smooth smile, "Are you still writing this old books?"

"Get right to the point." The Observer smiled at her, as if she knew her from years.

"I want you to come to Equestria." The strange pony said.

"To clean Celestia's mess? No, thank you."

"You haven't changed one bit." The pony laughed and added, "I reckon I didn't make myself clear. The fact is, that I am not asking you to."