• Published 16th Aug 2023
  • 915 Views, 40 Comments

Just Like Bogus - vigilanteshhhhhhhh



After another day of Zephyr Breeze being a creep, Rarity points out to Rainbow a permanent solution for this predicament is if she gets a boyfriend. And luckily for her, the boys' soccer team captain is just so in need for a girlfriend.

  • ...
0
 40
 915

Chapter 5

Author's Note:

Just like I promised, here's the next chapter before the 3rd. No idea when chapter 6 will be published tho.

Y'all take care.

Lots of love,
A.J

"Just get matching hickies!" Pinkie said.

Rainbow's face turned beet red. Soarin's wasn't any better. "No!" The two of them exclaimed at the same. Sunset gave Rainbow a teasing smirk to which she gave a glare back.

"Pinkie, don't be so uncouth," Rarity scolded. "Having a hickey is not at all elegant."

"Hmm," Pinkie tapped her chin. "How about a kiss then?" she suggested.

"K-Kiss?" Rainbow voice cracked.

Soarin's ears immediately turned pink as he looked at her who was also blushing heavily with a surprised look on her face.

Sure, Rainbow Dash was pretty; she might even be the most popular and prettiest girl in school, hence why they were doing this whole thing in first place. But for some reason, he couldn't imagine kissing her.

No.

He could.

His heart raced as he pictured the rainbownette and him in tight embraced, their lips locked.

"I- I'm s-sorry but I c-can't," he stuttered looking down at his shoes. The guilt sinking his heart for even imagining him and Rainbow Dash like that.

"Why not?" Pinkie Pie asked. "Is it her breath?" she stage whispered into his ear.

"No!" Soarin said nervously glancing at an offended yet flustered Rainbow Dash. "It's just her and me aren't really dating." His voice went low, "This is all pretend."

"Yeah, Pinks," Rainbow agreed with him. "Kissing is way past our comfort zone."

"I can see Dashie getting uncomfortable as she's always been like that–" Pinkie Pie squinted her eyes at him. "–But you?"

"Yes, Pinkie Pie," Soarin exhaled deeply. "You can't make me a kiss a girl I don't like that way."

"But-" Pinkie Pie started but was immediately cut off by Rarity.

"I deeply apologise for my friend's inappropriate questioning," Rarity gave a small glare to Pinkie Pie as she was speaking.

"But I thought it was gonna be just like Bogus," he could hear Pinkie mumbling.

"Hush." It was an order and Pinkie Pie immediately got the memo as she zipped her mouth.

"Guys," Rainbow said after a moment. "I think we shouldn't change our topic before Fluttershy comes."

"Um... Why?"

Rainbow cringed hearing the voice. She turned around slowly. And just like she expected there stood Fluttershy with an unwanted surprise; Zephyr Breeze.

"Oh hey, Shy," Rainbow said, her eyes darting across. The other Rainbooms looked awkward and they all gave a 'hi' to the shy girl. "We were just talking about a scary movie that you wouldn't wanna watch."

"Oh?" Fluttershy said.

"Yeah!" Pinkie said, joining in on the lie. "It's super duper luper scary!"

"It's gory," Sunset added.

"Involving dolls," Rarity contributed.

Fluttershy let out a gasp of horror. "Oh my, I don't know why they'll even make movies like that," she sniffed. "It sounds awful."

"Which is why I was saying we're not gonna watch it. Right, girls?" Rainbow said and they agreed, except Applejack, of course.

"Oh, Dashie, you're so considerate," Fluttershy said wrapping her arms around her closest friend. Applejack gave Rainbow a pointed look.

"Not just considerate, she's also the most stunning girl there is," Zephyr Breeze said his unwelcome input.

"That I agree," Soarin said, getting between Rainbow and Zephyr.

Fluttershy eyed Soarin quite curiously and then Rainbow.

Soarin could feel the nasty look Zephyr sent him. But he decided it'd be best to ignore it.

"It was nice talking to you," Soarin said. "But, Rainbow Dash and I should be really getting to class," he said.

"R-right," she said.

Soarin didn't even wait before taking her hand in his and running off to class.

Just when he was sure they were out of view from Zephyr and Fluttershy, he let go off her hand.

"Sorry if that was unexpected." His sheepish smile turned into a frown, "Man, that guy annoys me."

"Welcome to my world," Rainbow Dash said giving him a grateful smile. "Either way, thanks. It was getting weird with him there."

"Thought so," Soarin said.

The two of them could only walk two steps in silence. There was something bothering Soarin.

"Hey, Crash?"

"Yeah?"

"Why does your friendship with Fluttershy even matters this much?" he asked.

"It's a long story," Rainbow said.

"That's nice," Soarin said bumping into her playfully. "I love long stories." She wouldn't admit it, but she was glad that it wasn't awkward after what Pinkie said.

Rainbow chuckled. "And here I thought you are only capable of loving pies, Pie Boy."

"Oi," Soarin rolled his eyes. "I'm capable of loving a lot of stuff other than pies, you know?"

Rainbow let out a fake gasp. "Damn, I didn't. What even could you love other than pie?"

"Well," Soarin grinned. "I love long stories, sports, video games, music." He then gave her a small smirk. "But most of all, I love you, my fake girlfriend," he declared dramatically.

Rainbow looked at him unamused.

"What?" Soarin asked. "Didn't that sound believable?"

"Not even a bit," Rainbow answered.

"Man, I thought I nailed it," Soarin groaned. "But at least I can say it better than you."

"Ha," Rainbow snorted. "I doubt that."

"I doubt you are doubting that," Soarin smirked. A vain popped on Rainbow's forehead.

"Oh, I will show you!"

"When?"

"Now!"

"You're gonna tell that in front of the class, Cap?" Soarin asked. Rainbow hadn't realised they reached her classroom.

"After class then," she mumbled.

"Yeah, sure," Soarin wheezed. "I will be there to walk you to your next class," he either way said.

Rainbow definitely doubted that.