• Published 30th Sep 2012
  • 741 Views, 13 Comments

Pinkie's Journal - imnotcolgate



As nuclear war hits Equestria, four survivors emerge from the wreckage of Ponyville. I'm one of the

  • ...
6
 13
 741

The Moment Of Impact (Introduction)

I saw it myself. The bomb screamed through the air at unimaginable speed and impacted directly upon the Royal Residence. The sound was deafening and the light was blinding. I was staring directly into it as Cheerilee pulled me underground. “Woah!” I yelled. Cheerilee slammed down the cover to the shelter and bolted the lock shut. “What were you thinking? Looking directly at that shitstorm will make you blind!” I looked mindlessly into her eyes. “what.” I muttered. What was going on? Where was I? “Canterlot is gone, Pinkie.” What did she mean? I looked around to see the mayor and my beloved friend Rainbow Dash. “Where is everypony? Where the hell am I? Why are we here?” I had so many questions to ask. Rainbow spoke up: “Some asshole bombed Canterlot. Everything is gone.” I finally came to my senses. There was a pile of supplies tucked away in the corner of the room. After digging through it for a couple minutes I found a notebook and can after can of baked beans. Rainbow kept her explanation going. “Everything must be radiated by now. Canterlot… Everfree… And Ponyville. We might be the only survivors.” I picked up the journal and a pencil and sat down to write.

Day 1
I found this notebook in a pile of supplies in this shelter. I am alone, other than Cheerilee, Rainbow Dash and the mayor. Four. All of my friends… they’re probably dead. Dead! We might be all that’s left. I saw it. I saw the bomb hit Canterlot. The rule of Celestia has ended. I am Pinkamena Diane Pie, and this is my journal.

As I finished writing I realized that I hadn’t slept in days. The nightmares I had been having had become overwhelming enough to make me afraid to sleep. I looked to my right to see a pile of ponies holding each other tight. Cheerilee seemed to be crying, with her head pressed to Dashie’s side. I made my way over to them and hugged the weeping mare. After about a half hour of cuddling we all drifted off to sleep.