• Published 11th Jul 2023
  • 940 Views, 19 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and the Witch's Ghost - ponydog127



Sunny Starscout and her friends must help Mystery Inc rid the town of Oakhaven from a vengful witch's spirit.

  • ...
 19
 940

More Ponies Out There/A Family Heart to Heart

It had only been a few days after the Mane 6 had gotten back from their previous Unity Quest, and already, Detective Zipp was already on another case-- this one was her biggest lead so far, other than figuring out what Opaline could be capable of with her dragon fire magic back.

Nopony knew what kind of lead it was except Sunny-- Zipp didn't want to tell a whole lot of ponies until she was sure that her theory was correct.

Finally, two days after she told Sunny her theory... she was ready to tell the story of her theory to everypony else.

XXXXXXXXX

“So... what exactly is this theory about?” Hitch asked as they piled into the bedroom around Zipp's investigation board. “Whenever we go keep an eye out for Opaline or do our usual things, you're in here working.”

“I noticed a pattern or two from the last couple of adventures,” Zipp stated, “and I wanted to make sure it was a solid lead before I told anypony else... well, other than Sunny. She was actually the one who pointed it out to me.”

Misty blinked in confusion. “Am I the only one who's incredibly confused?”

Zipp pointed to the first picture on the investigation board-- a dark blue kirin with a bluish white mane and tail, and blue eyes, alongside her mother and sister. “Who here remembers Midnight Breeze and her mom and younger sister?”

“Who could forget?” Pipp playfully scoffed. “Her singing is top notch, and we never could have saved the Grimwood girls if it weren't for her betraying that uglier than life spider witch.”

“But, Midnight mentioned to us that her herd wasn't always from this world,” Sunny reasoned. “They came from Equestria before magic disappeared... as did Riverstream and Skygrace.”

That led Sunny to point to the next picture of the current royal sisters of Mount Aris. “Their colony was disbanded after the Equestrians forced them out, so their magic wasn't taken, and the magic of the royal pearl of Seaquestria was what kept them living for so many moons, not aging a single day!”

“And that leads us to our final group in our examination,” Zipp pointed to the final picture. “The Gemstone Princesses!”

“Rose Quartz? Sapphire Rainfall? Topaz Sunset and Emerald Forestpath?” Hitch named off the sisters one by one. “Ooh, I love those bat ponies!” Izzy chirped. “Didn't their family come from Equestria too?”

“Yep. The Equestrians forcing the bat ponies to flee to Kissteria is what caused King Cobalt to become untrusting of us to begin with,” Zipp stated. “That leads us to our ultimate theory. What if more creatures from ancient Equestria moved to other worlds, had families of their own, and their families are still out there, not knowing that the Equestrians have reunited and magic is in our lives again?”

That got the ponies to thinking... maybe Zipp was right-- it did make sense, since they encountered so many other creatures other than ponies in their past couple quests.

Maybe there were more out there, waiting to be found.

Hitch was first to speak. “That's a pretty sound theory, girls. But, the question I have is... where do we find these other pony and creature kinds when there are so many places to explore?”

“And how do we convince them that the Equestrians can be trusted again?” Misty added. “I mean... if they did leave before magic disappeared, they'll try and blame the ponies again, like King Cobalt did.”

“We're not sure about the specifics... yet,” Sunny spoke up. “But, we need to help them keep an open mind.”

“Good point, Sunny,” Pipp said. “Some people could still be a little... rattled. Why don't we take some time to think about strategies on how to talk them into joining forces with us on our missions?”

“Ooh! Unicycling always helps me think!” Izzy said as she skipped off. “I have to go downstairs and get Sparky before we go off on patrol,” Hitch said in agreement. “Come on, Pipp. I'll walk you down to Mane Melody.”

“Sounds good to me,” Pipp said before the two left. “Um... if you two don't mind,” Misty said, “I think I'm gonna stay up here with you. There's just... a lot on my mind.”

“Sure thing, Misty. I'm gonna go see if Izzy has some more string to tie our theories together,” Zipp said as she flew downstairs, leaving Sunny and Misty alone. However... Sunny didn't look too happy.

She was staring at the investigation board before she picked up a nearby picture frame. It was a picture of a younger Sunny, without the rainbow streak in her mane, and another, older pony.

He had a light blue coat, a royal blue mane and tail with white and purple streaks, cornflower-blue hooves, and purple eyes. His eyebrows and sideburns were dark violet, and he wore dark maroon-rimmed glasses and a wooden pendant hollowed out with the outline of Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark, and his cutie mark was a yellow shooting star.

Misty glanced at the way Sunny was looking at the photo for a moment, and spoke up after a moment. “Sunny? Is... is that your dad?”

Sunny nodded slowly. “He was one of my best friends growing up. What I know about the Guardians of Harmony and the ponies living in unity came from him. While most ponies thought he was crazy, me and Grandma Figgy seemed to be the only ones who had faith in what he believed in.”

“Your dad and Hitch's grandma were friends?” Misty asked. “They were. Figgy didn't understand a lot of things about what Dad knew, but she respected him and what he believed in. Phyllis Cloverlead, Sprout's mom... well... she is still kind of...”

“Unsure about what to think of all this?”

“Exactly. Hey... remember when I told you after we first met that my dad passed away when I was a filly?”

Misty nodded, still a little confused as to where she was going with this. “Well... nopony else besides Hitch and Sprout knows this, but... my dad actually was sick for a long time. No pony knew, not even me, until my dad was on his death bed.”

“Oh, Sunny... I'm so sorry,” Misty apologized sorrowfully. “I guess I just... felt really alone after he passed,” Sunny wiped her tears away. “Until I met you guys, I... I thought that's what I would always be.”

Misty let silence fill the air for a few moments before she spoke up again. “I know what it's like to feel alone. Not in the same way as you, but... I got lost when I was a filly, before Opaline found me. But it was when I was really young, and I really don't remember my parents all that much. And even though I'm away from Opaline now... I still think about them. If... they're still looking for me.”

“I'm sure they are, Misty,” Sunny smiled softly. “And... if you want... I can help you find them.”

“You'd help me find them? Really?” Misty asked. “Thank you, Sunny!”

“Of course... hoof to heart.”

“Hoof to heart,” Misty recited before hugging the earth pony mare tenderly. At least they had another thing in common besides both of them wanting to be rid of Opaline... they felt alone more than one point in their lives.

And Misty felt relieved that it wasn't crazy to think such a thing.

Suddenly, their cutie marks began to glow, and Misty knew what that meant. “Man... those Unity Crystals don't quit, do they?”

“We better get hold of the others,” Sunny said, getting ready to pick up her phone. “We can't risk Opaline being out there again.”