• Published 15th Jun 2023
  • 213 Views, 7 Comments

Sides of Shadows - Ameliathefatcat



Five stories, five POVs, five sides we don’t see of the Shadow Five

  • ...
 7
 213

Summer Program

I refreshed my email again. Still nothing. I looked at my calendar and then at my clock. I have to hear back soon. I have to have gotten in, I need to get in. Then the wifi dropped.

“Shit,” I muffled.

“Data what did you do?” I yelled.

“Suggie, I’ll get the wifi back,” my kid sister yelled from her room. I walk down the hall to her room. My little sister was a child genius like her big sister and brothers, unfortunately she’s a hacker. In my sister’s pink princess bedroom she sat at Autumn’s old Mac that he gave to her when he left for Pen State last year.

“What did you do?” I asked again. Data didn’t look up and continued to work on her program software.

“I had to cut the wifi to test out this code. I can now control the whole house from my desk,” Data said. I rolled my eyes.

“I need the wifi to check my email about my summer program. You don’t understand
how important this is to my education. This will help my chances of getting into Cornell,” I told my sister.

“Why do you want to go to Carvel?” Data asked.

“Cornell not Carvel, C-O—R-N-E-L-L not C-A-R-V-E-L, the same school mom went to. Did you just hack my email? What did mom and dad tell you about hacking our emails?” I asked Data. This child truly scares me sometimes. Autumn, Rain and I have VPNs to stop her from hacking us all of the time. Somehow this seven year old has managed to hack three VPNs.

“I didn’t hack you, I remember your password,” Data said. Great I have to change my password, again. I saw three new emails, two of them were junk emails, and the third one from the summer program. I pushed Data out of away and opened the email. “Dear Sugarcoat, congratulations you have been accepted” I quickly read the first line. Then I read the rest of the email. I got in, I got in. I even got a small scholarship. I printed out the email and logged out of my email on Data’s Mac. I read the email again, I wasn’t allowed to talk about it on social media. I’m not an idiot that posts everything to social media. I won’t lose this opportunity because I had to brag on social media.

I pinned the email to my bulletin board above my desk. I starred at my bulletin board and what I had hanging there. Photos from Autumn and Rain’s graduations, from when Rain and I won the Science Olympiad event last year, many of my awards I have one, now front and center my email for my summer program. When I get into Cornel next year my acceptance letter wound be front and center

Author's Note:

Quick chapter this time, that’s all