• Published 2nd May 2023
  • 989 Views, 25 Comments

The New Wondercolts - TheKing2001



After the Friendship Games, our favorite five Shadowbolts switch school's

  • ...
2
 25
 989

Chapter IV

Rainbow stared at the assembled girls in the locker room before her. Indigo adjusted her soccer shirts collar as she looked around at Flitter and Cloudchaser giving her dirty looks.

“Hey!” Rainbows voice cut in. “Pay attention! We got a game to win!” Indigo snickered as Flitter turned red and focused on Rainbow.

“This is our turf. Our home town, we must win. A defeat on our own turf would be a disappointment,” Rainbow lectured in a tone akin to a drill sergeant. She slammed her fist against her hand. “Let’s get out there and show them who we are.” She jumped up and slammed her open palm against the Wondercolt logo above the door as she lead them onto the field. Indigo covered her eyes for a second and squinted at the bright sun. Her eyes widened as she saw a bunch of cheering classmates on the home side and her friends. Lemon gave her an enthusiastic grin and wave as she stood on the side lines with Sunny, Watermelody, Lyra and a blue haired girl she didn’t recognize.

“What are they doing?” Indigo questioned aloud.

“They’re cheerleaders stupid. Didn’t you have them at Crystal Prep?” Lightning scoffed.

“No,” Indigo admitted. “If it didn’t serve a purpose to further education, Cinch didn’t allow it.”

“Lame,” Lightning scoffed.

“Lay off her Lightning,” Spitfire snapped. “Focus on beating the opposition.”

“What’s your name?” Lemon asked the blue girl who was eagerly jumping around.

“Sonata! I like tacos!” She shouted.

“I prefer hamburgers,” Lemon admitted. “Tacos are good though.”

“Got to admit,” Sunny smirked as she waved her pom poms around. “I always did admire the spirit of Canterlots side during the sport events and the Friendship Games. Way better than ours ever was.”

“You guys know anyone on the team?” Sonata asked as she kicked her leg up. “My sister, Aria is on the team! Really helps her anger issues.”

“Yeah,” Sunny smirked. “Indigo, Rainbow and Sunset.”

“I know the last two,” Sonata mumbled and blushed. “They stopped me, Aria and Adagio from mindcontrolling the school.”

“Thankfully,” Watermelody whispered. Lemon glanced over at the girl quickly. They were wearing matching shirts and skirts. “You guys still can’t sing?”

“Nope!” Sonata sighed. “I miss my singing voice. I would have liked to use my singing for other things but meh. Too late now.”

“You know they see up our skirts when we kick our legs up right?” Sunny said nervously.

“So?” Sonata giggled as she smoothed her wrinkled skirt. Sunny rolled her eyes.

“Nothing.”

“They’re scarily just like what cpa was like,” Sour mused as she stared the quiet Trottingham students. “Mindless zombies.”

“For real,” Rarity glared at them. “Stuck up jerks.” Rarity turned her nose up and away.

“I don’t know if I should be insulted by that or not.” Rarity’s eyes widened at the implication.

“Oh no darling! I didn’t mean you honestly. I meant them!” Rarity pointed at the opposing students.

“Okay,” Sour grunted as she joined Rarity in glaring at them.

“Let’s get this over with,” Fleetfoot sighed. “One more win and the week is over. We’re tied right now with em. Then we go to Camp Everfree.” Spitfire pressed her palms to her knees and got into her position.

“Hopefully. Less chatter, more kicking ass,” Aria grunted. Fleetfoot glared at her.

“I only take orders from Dash, thanks.”

“Would you two stop and save it for them?” Sunset growled.

“Fine.” The two girls stared at each other before giving the opposing team dirty looks. The referee set the bowl down and blew her whistle. Rainbow kicked the ball to Cloudkicker and she shot it towards the goal. The goalie jumped and caught it and Cloudkicker gritted her teeth. The goalie tossed it to a player on her side and she shot to her teammate. The other teammate sent it to the goalie and Flitter caught it, holding it to her chest. The two teams kicked it back and forth. Aria grinned as she shoved an opposing girl to the ground and played it off as an accident.

“Alright it’s half time,” Rainbow announced as she poured some water on herself. The sun was setting and the lights had turned on. “Let’s go to the locker room and talk a play over.” Her teammates nodded and they went to the locker room.

“Alright, gather around,” Rainbow shouted. “This is ridiculous. We gotta end this with a win. We have no choice.”

“Don’t yell at us,” Cloudchaser grumbled. “We’re doing our best.”

“Our best isn’t enough!” Rainbow shouted.

“Yelling doesn’t solve anything,” Indigo stepped forward. “We just gotta up our offense.” Some of the players nodded.

“Who’s the captain?” Rainbow snapped. “You?”

“She didn’t mean anything like that Dash,” Spitfire pointed out. “She’s just giving out advice which always listen to our teammates opinions.”

“I’m sorry,” Rainbow sighed. “Stressed.”

“It’s fine,” Indigo opened her locker and took a black bag out, holding it behind her back and slipping into the bathroom. She opened the bag and took the needle out, flicking the needles tip.

“What the fuck?” She jumped and stared at Lightning Dust and Rainbow. She hadn’t heard them coming in. She shoved the needle behind her back.

“W-what’s up?” She stammered out. Lightning stomped to her and grabbed the needle from behind her back.

“What the hell is this?” Rainbow snapped.

“Steroids,” Indigo’s head fell into her hands.

“Why do you even have these?” Lightning questioned. Indigo sighed and took a breath.

“Cinch gave them to the sports players so they performed better. I was strong before already but she still gave them to me.” Rainbow rolled her eyes and sat next to her.

“You gotta stop the habit,” she said in a stern tone and Lightning nodded.

“Are you gonna tell Coach Misty Fly?” Indigo asked nervously.

“We should,” Lightning admitted. “But we won’t. You getting in trouble isn’t what we need. I may not like you much, but you need help.”

“Thanks?” Indigo said weakly.

“We’re taking the steroids though,” Rainbow told her. “This doesn’t leave this room, deal?” Lightning nodded as Indigo wiped a tear away discreetly.

“Let’s get back out there and win,” Lightning grinned. She held out her hand and Indigo hesitantly took it. Rainbow grabbed the bag and slipped it into her bra as they walked into the locker room. She shoved the bag into her backpack and locked her locker.

“We got a game to win.”

--------‐----------------------------------------------------

“I’m so bored!” Pinkie groaned as she leaned against Sunset. “Are we at Camp yet?”

“For the tenth time Pinkie, no we aren’t,” Rainbow growled. She went flying up a bit as the bus hit a pothole. “Good god. Who gave Harshwhinny her driver’s license?”

“The dinosaurs,” Sunset smirked.

“God himself,” Rainbow grinned.

“Or the devil,” Sour grumbled.

“Rainbow Dash! Sing us a song!” Someone shouted.

“We don’t have any!” Rainbow called back.

“Actually I wrote one,” Fluttershy said timidly as she waved a piece of paper. Rainbow snatched her copy and grinned at it.

“This could work well,” she passed it to Applejack who grabbed her bass under her seat.

“Do you carry that everywhere?” Sugarcoat asked.

“Well yeah,” Applejack admitted as she tuned it. “For campfire songs.”

“Do we really need to clap for this?” Rainbow grunted.

“Yes!” Fluttershy said excitedly. Rolling her eyes, Rainbow and the others on the bus started clapping. Sunny elbowed Sugarcoat who grudgingly started herself.

“Will you be lost by time, or be part of history? Will your story be told or remain a mystery? Will they sing your song, telling all that you have done? Time to make your choice, only you can be the one,” the Rainbooms sang while Rainbow rolled her eyes. This really wasn’t her type of song but she knew she couldn’t convince them to play anything else without hurting Fluttershy’s feelings.

“Oh, as you join in the Legend of Everfree. Will you do something great with the time that you have here? Wiill you make your mark? Will you conquer what you fear? And when you go back home everybody there will see you were part of the Legend of Everfree.”

“I like this one a lot,” Watermelody nudged Lemon with a grin. Lemon nodded her agreement to her seatmate.

“As you join in the Legend of Everfree. Will you find your greatest glory? Will you be a falling star? Here you’ll learn what nature teaches, here you’ll learn more who you are.”

“Isn’t it weird how Fluttershy can come up with their songs so fast?” Scribble Dee whispered.

“A bit. Probably related to her magic,” Mystery whispered back.

“Will you be lost by time or be part of history? Will your story be told or remain a mystery? And when you go back home everybody there will see you were part of the Legend of Everfree, as you join in the Legend of Everfree!”

“Good one!” The same student Rainbow recognized as Norman shouted. “Thanks!” Watermelody finished recording the audio and grinned.

“So I can listen to it later,” she explained to Applejacks confused expression.

“We release cds of all our songs sugarcube,” Applejack told her. “Might be better audio quality no offense.”

“I didn’t know that to be honest,” Watermelody admitted.

“I’ll bring you some when we get back darling,” Rarity gave her a warm smile.

“Thanks!”

“Do we HAVE to go to this?” Aria grumbled.

“Yes. It’s good to get away from the town, plus Sonata is excited. It’ll be nice for her to finally quit talking about it,” Adagio snapped.

“I’m so excited!” Sonata screamed and her part of the bus covered their ears, glaring at her. Ignoring them, she continued. “I’m gonna kayak, swim, make arts and crafts with Bulkie!”

“Bulkie?” Aria asked in disbelief. “Who the hell is Bulkie?”

“Bulk Biceps!” Sonata shouted.

“For the love of all things holy, can you quit yelling?” Adagio growled as she facepalmed.

“You wouldn’t know holy if it came up and hit you in the face,” Aria grumbled.

“Just wait till we get off this bus,” Adagio snarled. “I’m gonna smack you so hard.”

“If you can catch me with that poofy ass hair,” Aria shot back with a grin. “Probably weighs you down. That and your big tits.” Adagio glared at her.

“At least I have tits,” Adagio grumbled softly.

“Can we not?” Sonata sighed. “We’re gonna outdoors! With the animals and the woods! Nature!” Aria and Adagio glared at each other.

“Fine,” they said in unison.

“Hey,” Watermelody nudged a snoring Lemon. “Lemon.” She let out a sigh. “Tech N9ne is here and wants to meet you.” Lemon jumped up and looked around excitedly.

“Where is here!?” She squeezed Watermelodys cheeks, making her look like a fish. She quickly pushed her hands off.

“I like you but please never do that again,” Watermelody snickered. “Anyway, we’re pulling up to Camp. Wanna be tent mates?”

“Yeah sure,” Lemon shrugged.

“Epic!” Watermelody grinned widely.

“No! Stop! Aaagghhh!” Twilight screamed and shot up.

“We can’t stop silly!” Pinkie leaned over the seat. “We’re not there yet!”

“What the fuck was that?” Shoeshine grumbled, sitting up from her nap.

“Twilight? Are you okay?” Sunset asked worriedly.

“Hah, I’m fine,” Twilight lied. Sunset raised an eyebrow and a finger, opening her mouth.

“We are gonna have so much fun! We’re gonna roast marshmallows, eat marshmallows and sleep on marshmallow pillows!” Pinkie screamed.

“Yeah pretty sure we’re not gonna do that,” Rainbow smirked.

“At least I’m not,” Sour agreed.

“Maybe you’re notttt,” Pinkie sang as she held up a bag of marshmallows.

“Attention students,” Celestia called out as talking in the bus quieted down. “We’re pulling into camp. Before we arrive, we would like to say how proud we are of you all raising enough money for all of us to come here.”

“When we were your age, we made some of our favorite memories in these woods. And we’re sure you will too,” Luna smiled.

“Now who’s excited for Camp Everfree?” Celestia asked with a grin as the bus doors opened. She and her sister stepped off and watched as the students followed them off the bus.

“I can’t wait to go a nature walk,” Fluttershy gushed as she admired the wooded area.

“Me too,” Spike agreed.

“You wanna see all the cute woodland creatures?” Fluttershy knelt down and stared him in the eyes.

“Yeah. More precisely the squirrels so I can chase em!” Spike announced as he chased his tail. Bon Bon giggled at that and stared as Lemon jumped off and almost splashed her with mud.

“Hey! Watch it!” Bon Bon snapped.

“Ah’m just lookin forward to roughin it,” Applejack announced as she yanked on her bag repeatedly to get it free from the bus. “Foragin, buildin mah own shelter.” Rainbow groaned and rolled her eyes.

“For the last time, they give us shelter and food!”

“And ah don’t care,” Applejack snorted. Indigo covered her ears as the intercom made an awful noise.

“Jesus,” she muttered.

“If everyone could report to the gazebo, that would be greatly appreciated!” A voice shouted eagerly over the intercom. Shrugging, Indigo worked her way over with the others.

“Hi everyone. I’m Gloriosa Daisy, the camp director. And this is my brother, Timber Spruce,” she gestured to the man standing next to her. She handed him the microphone.

“You can think of me as the guy who should always be invited to fun things,” he juggled the microphone.

“We wanna know what you guys wanna do here!” Gloriosa shouted.

“Tether ball!” Rainbow shouted and shouted out two other suggestions before Sunset calmed her down.

“Cookie baking!” Pinkie shouted to no one’s surprise.

“I do make a mean sugar cookie!” Gloriosa winked.

“Arts and crafts!”

“A fashion show!” Rarity shouted. Indigo and Rainbow stifled groans as they watched Gloriosa and Timber have a quick conversation they didn’t hear. “All of us can model in it and can also decide our camp gift!”

“All good suggestions. We’re gonna give out tent assignments. Boys, you’re with me!” Gloriosa gestured them over. “Girls, you get Timber!” Watermelody appeared frustrated over the fact that they were assigned tents. She groaned at her tent mate when she found out her card didn’t match Lemons. Lemon highfived Mystery Mint and the pair walked off.

“Me and Lightning Dust are tent mates,” Indigo sighed in frustration. She was the last one Indigo had wanted. She respected the girl but they didn’t get along well. “I’ll see you all if I don’t get arrested for murder.”

“Good job on winning the game by the way,” Blossomforth gave Cloudkicker a quick kiss on the cheek.

“It was a group effort,” Cloudkicker grinned as she lead Blossomforth to their tent.

“Do you snore?” Indigo suddenly asked Lightning who snorted.

“No. Snoring is for losers,” Lightning focused on Indigo with narrowed eyes. “Do you snore?”

“No.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Watermelody tossed her bag onto her bunk and grunted. Scribble Dee looked at her from her bunk nervously and set her book down.

“You good?”

“Yeah, just frustrated. I’m mad,” Watermelody admitted as she sat down, smoothing down her skirt.

“About not being Lemons tent partner?” Scribble asked in a sympathetic tone.

“Yup.” Scribble jumped off her bunk and landed on her feet.

“I’m sure you guys will be able to hang out all week,” Scribble reassured her.

“I know,” Watermelody grunted in frustration. “She’s cool, but dense as a bag of rocks.”

“I don’t get it.”

“It means she’s being stupid.”

“Oh,” Scribble paused. “It could be worse you know?”

“How do you figure?” Watermelody asked as she kicked her legs back and forth.

“You could be tentmates with Trixie. Or Fuschia Blush. Or Lavender Lace. Or Silverspoon.”

“Fair enough,” Watermelody agreed. “Lavender Lace isn’t so bad, I guess. Haven’t had much interaction with since battle of the bands. Or the other girls you named, other than Trixie.”

“You know who Trixie who should date?” Scribble suddenly asked.

“Who, Miss Matchmaker?” Watermelody asked in amusement.

“Rainbow Dash. Both are self conceited.” Watermelody gave a short laugh.

“True!”

“Or Sunset,” Scribble grinned.

“She’s dating Pinkie.”

“Right,” Scribble frowned. “That surprised me.”

“Why’s that?” Watermelody asked absentmindly as she pulled out her sketch pad and started to draw.

“Because Sunset terrorized the whole school and tried to kill them and then she just dates one of them like nothing happened.”

“She did bend over backwards to the people she wronged. She annoyed me for months doing little projects and everything else for me till I forgave her. I still feel bad for rejecting her alongside Mystery Mint. I feel the hardest part was when she used the footage of me literally turning my back on her in her music video talking about her feelings and regrets. My past is not today is a really good song. Kinda really drove home that we were just as bad as her when we intentionally ostracized her,” Watermelody sighed. “She could have killed herself over something stupid we did. And then there was the whole anon a miss thing where we all turned our backs on her again. Even the Rainbooms did. I heard a rumor she cut herself during that whole thing.”

“Not everyone turned their backs on her,” Scribble admitted. “Pinkie and Rainbow stuck with her, so did Octavia, Lyra, Bon Bon, Diamond Tiara, Silverspoon, Vinyl Scratch and Lightning Dust.”

“That explains why she hung out with them a lot during lunch during that incident,” Watermelody grunted as she kept drawing. “I should have believed her. It was sloppy work, we all really dropped the ball on that one didn’t we?”

“Yup,” Scribble grunted as she climbed on her bunk and laid down, resting her hands behind her head. “Well, we never did anything to her or hurt her. We kinda just avoided her at all costs. And remember, Sunset used the footage of Scootaloo, Golden Harvest and Paisley turning their backs on her too.”

“I remember, Rainbow went off on Scootaloo. Made her apologize and hang out with her. Even made Sunset a member of the soccer team to make people accept her.”

“Remember when Sunset threw away the pictures of her winning the Fall Formals?” The two girls shared a laugh.

“I was there!” Watermelody smirked. “I was so confused about why she was singing in the hallway and throwing the pictures away till I watched the music video. I didn’t even know she did solo songs.”

“It’s rare but they do it,” Scribble told her. “Remember, Awesome as I wanna be?”

“Oh yeah that dumpster fire.”

“I quite like it.”

“It’s very Rainbow Dash. Self conceited, all about her and stuck up,” Watermelody rolled her eyes.

“Hey!” Rainbow shouted while Applejack laughed. “Our tents are next to each other, we can hear everything!”

“Sorry!” Sunset’s head unexpectedly poked in, startling the two girls.

“I forgive you by the way. Next time I’ll ask if I can use you in a music video. After all, you are one of our biggest fans. And yes, I did cut during anon a miss. Lowest I’ve been since I ran away from home in Equestria. But you’re both forgiven. And before you ask, yes I still hang out with my crew from anon a miss. Me and Lightning are really cool. Me, Octavia and Vinyl go to concerts. I’m Diamond Tiara’s sister figure especially since her dad adopted me afterwards. Me and Silverspoon hang out, same with Lyra and Bon Bon.”

“Thanks,” Watermelody and Scribble said in unison. Watermelody ripped out the page was drawing and handed it to Sunset. Sunset admired the drawing of her on the schools roof floating surrounded by flames and phoenix’s wings. She smiled at it.

“Thanks for this. I’m gonna frame it.”

“No problem,” Watermelody grinned and yawned.

“Goodnight you two,” Sunset disappeared and went back to her tent next to theirs. Watermelody focused on Scribble Dee.

“We really need to be quieter,” Watermelody announced. “Scribble?” The girl answered with a snore. “Are you seriously asleep on me?” When she heard no response except another snore, Watermelody smiled and rolled her eyes.

“Goodnight, Scribble.”

Author's Note:

For those wondering about Sunset being adopted by Diamond's dad, it's apart of the prequel story I have out rn that I'm still working on. I just didn't want to link it as a prequel yet till it was completed. Whether or not Flithy Rich is the antagonist in this story, well you gotta keep on reading to find out. Have a great day.