• Published 20th Jul 2023
  • 824 Views, 35 Comments

Blood of the CHIMERA - discordjediknight



A normal pony, named Twilight Sparkle, has become a chimera. After finding others like her, they become superhero’s. She and her friends try to stop the cause of what is changing innocent ponies into unusual chimeras

  • ...
2
 35
 824

chapter 4 DNA

Chapter 4 DNA

November, 15,---- 2:00 pm

Twilight stood over a microscope watching something. She then took a small syringe filled with blood and squirted it onto the purple liquid. She examined the two mixed together and began to boil until it completely turned red. "Fascinating" she stated.

"What is?" Asked Fluttershy petting a very angry bunny rabbit with a band-aid on its arm.

Twilight wrote a few things down on her clipboard. "Whatever this purple substance is, it's organic. The purple stuff contains some type of DNA or RNA strand that for some reason keeps changing."

Fluttershy tilted her head in confusion.

Twilight rolled her eyes, "DNA is..."

"No, I know what DNA is, I'm not Dash. I mean, what do you mean keeps changing?” She said worriedly.

Twilight shrugged. "I mean, it's genetic code. All DNA strands are usually locked into place. And the gene is either turned on or off. If on, it gives you that feature. But DNA does not change unless mutated. This, however." She pointed at the microscope with her pen. "Keeps mutating until it comes in contact with another DNA sample. Thanks by the way for letting me use some of your rabbit's blood."

"No problem," Fluttershy replied sweetly, but the rabbit squeaked his annoyance as it rubbed its arm with the bandage.

"So that stuff?" She questioned.

"Yeah, it merges with any DNA it comes in contact with, changing its genetic makeup. Until it stabilizes. Really advanced stuff, but in simple terms, it's what gave us all powers." Twilight shrugged.

Someone knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Twilight asked.

"It is I." Rarity sang.

"Doors open."

Rarity walked in with a few bags."Oh my gosh, that's what I really needed, a big old shopping spree day to get my mind off all this." She giggled as Spike struggled inside, carrying most of her bags.

"So anything new?" She asked curiously.

"Nope, just researching the cure." Twilight smiled.

"Oh, found anything yet."

"Afraid not. I just found out that whatever caused it changed us at the genetic level."

"Any way to undo it?" Rarity wondered out loud.

"Well, not if you like being alive, Sighed Twilight, Only acid can destroy DNA strands like that. It's not often you can change DNA structures so easily. What's amazing is that it's so well put together, it…

"Well, on that note any ideas about." Rarity interrupted her with a nervous chuckle.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Twilight," Spike said with a look of concern.

"No!" Twilight demanded. "There's got to be some mistake. My brother's dead. Maybe you just saw a guy that looked like him."

"Either way, dear it's been two weeks. Shouldn't we be?" Rarity shrugged. "I don't know, out searching for this guy."

Twilight slumped into a chair.

Spike walked over and set a claw on her hoof. "Twilight, There are tons of surveillance cameras and photos everywhere."

"Yeah, well, why don't you search for him then?" she snapped, at him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap. I just..." Twilight turned her head away from the lizard.

Rarity looked at Fluttershy who gave a slight nod and set her bunny down. She then walked over and hugged her friend.

They all group-hugged Twilight, who stood quietly.

The silence broke when Dash rushed into the room. "Hey guys, guess what? The author of Daring Do is coming to town,” she cheered. “I got to get an autograph." She jumped excitedly but turned to see them all hugging a very sad Twilight. "Uh, did I miss something?"

"Nope, I'm fine," Twilight said, pushing her friends off. "I just have research to do." She then went to her room.

"Um, let me guess, is this about her brother?" Dash asked. They all nodded. "It's been like what, two weeks"? Dash complained.

"Hey cut her some slack, it's her family," Spike told her.

"And what about the guy with horns and antlers? What does that have anything to do with this?"

Spike shrugged. "She never said that before. Not to me, anyway."

"Well, you know what times a wasting. I say it's time to bring this guy down before he strikes again."

"I agree with you, darling. But what if we do find him, and what if it's really her brother? I believe that's why our friend is most hesitant in finding out."

"Yeah, well, she can play lab scientist all day. I'm gonna get out there and start looking around. You with me?"

Fluttershy hesitated and looked away, but slowly nodded.

"Considering he's the one who did this to me and possibly all of us, I'm in two." Rarity nodded.

Dash nodded back, "And you?"

Spike took in a deep breath and let it out. "I'm not a tech wiz like Twilight. But I think I can copy and paste surveillance footage onto a thumb drive at least." He clenched his fist. "We’ve got to try, right? For Twilight's sake."

"For Twilight's sake," they all said and put their hoofs and claws together, before running out of the apartment, leaving Twilight in her room. She sighed and laid down in her bed, staring at the selling. She looked over to a little photo she kept on her dresser. It was her as a baby being helped by her big brother. Above them were her parents.

"It can't be you. Can it?"


"Twilight…" a voice whispered to her. Twilight opened her eyes. She must have fallen asleep, she was in her room.

"Twilight."

She heard the whisper. "Um hello."

"Twilight… it's gonna be ok." The whisper shouted.

Twilight got up and out of bed, walking right past her photo of her brother.

"Twilight everything's gonna be alright, I promise."

She approached her bedroom door. As she did, she heard a gunshot along with a scream. She rushed out the bedroom door and found herself on the street.

"Run Twilight run!" She saw her brother cry out. A maniacal laughter filled the air as her father pleaded.

"Please stop this! Don't hurt them! Don't i'll help, just don't–"

“Hahahahahahha.” A shadow just out of the streetlight rose from the ground.

Its eyes glowed a burning amber color. Lighting stuck from the sky, showing a quick look at the creature. It had an antler on one side of its head and a goat horn on the other. It grinned and laughed, again as it raised a gun sitting in an eagle claw. Twilight froze, not able to move as her mother shouted no. "Twilight run, please, run." A shot went off and Twilight screamed as she jumped awake, breathing heavily. She shook her head.

At that moment, Fluttershy opened the door."Are you ok Twilight?" She asked.
Twilight looked at the clock, it was nearly eleven. "I slept that long?" She asked.

"Yeah, there's leftover pizza in the fridge if you want any. You seemed like you needed your rest, so we decided not to wake you."

Twilight nodded. "Thanks, but I'm not hungry." She got out of bed slowly. She then walked over to an odd piece of furniture that was still under a blanket. She pulled the blanket off, revealing a strange cabinet that held an even stranger device.

"What is that?" Fluttershy asked with a raised eyebrow.

"A little science fair project I started years ago, she then grabbed a wrench and began tinkering with some of the bolts. It's never gonna work, but I just can't give up on it." She said as she worked on it.

"What's it supposed to do?" Fluttershy asked.

Twilight gave no answer as she got lost in her work.

After a few moments of silence, Fluttershy decided it was best not to ask again and to leave her to her work.

Author's Note:

update 9/6/23 this chapter has been edit by my editor