• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 473 Views, 2 Comments

Inevitabilities - Nra Vadumee



Nopony can out do or escape Death; not even the magic of friendship will stop him in his duties.

  • ...
4
 2
 473

Introduction

‘A friend who dies, it’s something of you that dies’

Endless
Infinite
Immortal

Words. All of them. Nothing but words. Ponies had neither respect nor understanding of them. They threw them around, as if they knew, understood, were even capable of comprehending their meanings. They acted as if though they lived forever. They spoke as if no one cared.

They were wrong.

I am that which brings an end to the endless. A border to the infinite. A death to the immortal. I am the bringer of mourning and the harbinger of tears. I am nameless, but most name me as Death. I am he who will never see the Eternal Pasteur, but knows the way. I know not what lies on the other side of the darkness, but I do not care; it is not my place to care. I care for nothing but the dead.

As Celestia is to the Day and Luna to the Moon, I am to Death. I have existed since time immemorial, since before the ponies, the zebras, the griffins, even the mighty and ancient dragons. I have harvested the souls of countless dead, from war, famine, strife, old age, and all which ends lives. I have done this for eternity and will carry out my duty until the end of time. Nothing will nor can stop me. Not the Princesses. Not the Elements of Harmony. Death is final, and there is no greater finality than Death. Though there have always been those who resist. Insist otherwise. Countless ponies say that it’s not their time. But six… only six have managed to come close to making me regret taking them to the Eternal Pasteur.

But not even the magic of friendship can stave off my final embrace.