• Published 8th Apr 2023
  • 125 Views, 1 Comments

Small-Town Heroics - yoman556677

  • ...
 1
 125

1-Applejack

It was a beautiful day in Canterlot City. Applejack, our protagonist, just happened to be on a leisurely stroll through town. This was a regular routine for her during summertime. Not that she hated her family's farm, but it was nice to get away from it all for a little while. Sometimes, she would spot her friend Rainbow Dash zooming through the city, (but not too often, to minimize the effects of their geodes).

She was just walking past the overpass when she suddenly heard the screeching of tires. She turned and saw a car swerving out of control, a family of three inside. The driver attempted to gain control, but swerved too hard and crashed right through the edge of the bridge. The car dangled precariously with the family scared for their lives. Without hesitation, Applejack reached for the geode around her neck and activated it, transforming into her powered-up form, complete with a mask, (after a recent modification by Sunset).

Applejack raced over to the dangling car just as it started to tip over, grabbing it by the rear bumper. The family looked up at the sudden bump and stared at the strange masked girl in shock.

"W-who are you?" asked the father.

"Can't really stop and chat right now" grunted Applejack, straining to hold the car up.

At that moment, the police arrived on the scene.

"Well? Don't jus' stand there lookin' pretty. Git these people outta here!" Applejack strained.

The officers decided not to question her at the moment and reached over and started lifting the mother and daughter out of the vehicle.

But just as the father was being lifted out, the car suddenly tilted all the way over the edge and began to fall! Thinking fast, Applejack let go of the bumper and grabbed the man's left hand with her right hand, letting the car fall into the water below.

"Gotcha, pardner!" Applejack said as she pulled the man back onto the bridge.

The man then embraced his family warmly, while Applejack looked on with a warm smile.

The mother then looked at Applejack and said, "How can we ever thank you?"

Applejack then tipped her hat and said, "Jus' doin' ma job, ma'am." The little girl then ran up to Applejack and hugged her around the legs.

She said, "Thank you for saving my daddy. You're my hero." She then handed Applejack a flower that she had had on her.

Applejack then took it, sniffed it, and said, "Thank ya, sugar." She then bent down and placed the flower behind the girl's ear while saying, "But Ah think it looks a lot prettier on you." The little girl beamed in happiness, then hugged Applejack around the neck.

She then carried the girl back to her parents.

"Well, I best be off." said Applejack as she started to walk away.

"Wait!" said the father. Applejack stopped and turned back to him.

"Who are you?" he asked again.

This time Applejack smiled and said simply, "A friend." She then turned and with a strong push of her legs, jumped off into the distance, satisfied with her good deed for the day.

Author's Note:

Now, keep in mind, this is my first story. So, go easy on me, okay? I hope I did Applejack's country accent okay. I might not update too often, but I'll do it when I can, so don't pester me, okay? Anyway, hope you enjoyed this and see ya next time!