• ...
0
 32
 249

Chapter Five Raindrops

Me and Cloudkicker sat on the bench watching Scootaloo play with Ruby Pinch on the playground of Ponyvilles Park.

Lyra sat next me, taking a lick of her strawberry ice cream.

"Looks like Scootaloo made a new friend." Lyra said, smirking. I nodded and smiled.

I took a lick of my vanilla waffle cone. "So she's been adapting well? Any nightmares?"

Lyra shook her head. "Well, she had one nightmare but she came and slept between me and Bonnie. She's gotten along with Twist really good too. Plus, it helps that they go to school together." I forgot Twist was Bon Bons younger sister.

Cloudkicker finished her chocolate ice cream and nodded before turning to me. I couldn't help but snicker.

"What? What is it?" She asked.

Lyra burst out laughing. "You have some ice cream, well everywhere." Cloudkicker had chocolate ice cream all over her muzzle. Lyra levitated a wet napkin to her face and cleaned it off before throwing the napkin away.

"Thanks." Cloudkicker said sheepishly.

Lyra grinned at us. "Soo, Wildfire dropped by the other day."

I shot up and stared at her. "And?"

Lyra's smile turned evil. "I can't say. But it's a good surprise."

I sat back down. "I hate surprises", I grumbled.

"You liked the surprise I gave you that one time in Manehatten at the hotel." Cloudkicker pointed out. I turned a bright shade of red while Lyra chuckled.

"Wildfire stopped by too. With a few exceptions, the house is pretty much good enough for a filly. She is concerned about it being a cloudhouse and Scootaloo can't really fly. Can't even really lift herself off the ground." I hastily said to change the topic.

Lyra nodded. "I noticed that too. She really likes when I lift her up with my magic and pretend she's flying."

I chuckled. "She did hook us with an expert in flight rehab. Said if anypony can help her, it's him."

"Where's Bon Bon?" Cloudkicker asked looking around.

Lyra waved a hoof. "She's working at the store today, it's about three thirty when school gets out so it's usually busy. She's got Twist helping her out today. Typically I'm there for the rush hour but Scootaloo had a play date with Berry's daughter."

I gave a nod.

"I didn't know Scootaloo knew Ruby."

Lyra nodded as she kept watching the two fillies playing.

"They go to school together. They both hate Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon.' Lyra explained. "Scootaloo had some very colorful language she used when describing Diamond Tiara. Bon Bon ended up washing her mouth out with soap. Let's just say, that filly is very creative when it comes to making up cuss words and insults."

Cloudkicker gave a chuckle at that.

"What did she say?" She asked, still chuckling.

"She is the first pony I've ever met who combined the words bitch whore asshole together and make it sound reasonably insulting."

I gave a cough at that.

"Living on the streets probably encouraged that behavior." I muttered and the two other mares grew serious. "Is Diamond Tiara really that bad?"

Lyra nodded.

"She's come in the shop a few times. Very rude and vain. Typical rich pony. Her mom isn't that much better. I overheard Scootaloo talking to Twist about it. Apparently Diamond constantly harasses her for not having her cutie mark and not being able to fly. She goes after the other two crusaders just as bad too." Lyra admitted.

I gave a soft growl at that knowledge. I've seen the pink earth pony around before but never hung out around her. That was gonna quickly change, I'd smack that filly if she disrespected Scootaloo in front of me. Her mom can get the work too. I don't care, these hooves are made for all ages. Okay that sounded bad, I admitted silently. I don't go around hitting foals or fillies. I'd certainly make an exception for Diamond though.

"And I said, I really don't care. I'm gonna sit here damn it and play my lyre because this is a public park. Go tell somepony who actually gives a flying feather." Lyra chuckled and Cloudkicker gave a quick laugh. I was shaken out of my musing by that. I didn't realize Lyra had started a new story.

"I can't believe you told Mayor Mare that." Cloudkicker chuckled.

Lyra shrugged.

"I don't take attitude from anypony. I don't care if they have a bad day, they gonna show me respect damn it. She later apologized and I accepted but still. Earning extra bits by playing my lyre is beneficial as hell for me and Bonnie." Lyra grumbled.

Scootaloo ran up to Cloudkicker.

"Cloud, can me and Ruby have a sleep over with Miss Lyra and Miss Bon Bon." Scootaloo pleaded, putting on her best puppy dog eyes. Cloudkicker ruffled her mane grinning.

"Well technically you have to ask Lyra for permission, but I don't see why not." she looked confused when Scootaloo wrapped her hooves around her neck in a hug.

"You're the best, thanks!" Scootaloo ran over to Ruby. "She said yes!"

Cloudkicker raised a hoof.

"Wait, I didn't say that." she called out after the two but was drowned out over the sounds of the playing colts and fillies.

Lyra chuckled.

"It'll be fine, Dinky can come over too. Maybe Noi will come along." She told the pegasus.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"What movie should we watch?" Cloudkicker asked as she rummaged through our movie drawer. We got something called a TV for a Christmas gift one year. Apparently they are new and in development. Crazy things. I can't fathom the idea of watching a movie at home instead of going to the theater but it is a bit more convenient. I really don't know how the things work but apparently it created a lot of new jobs for the pegasi. Which is really good for us. If we ever get fired from the weather service, we can always get jobs for the TV bureau.

A knock on the door got our attention and Cloudkicker groaned.

"Movie night will have to wait I guess." She hovered to the door and opened. I joined her at the door to greet our guest.

"Hey Wildfire, how's it going?" I greeted her eagerly. She landed on the cloud doorstep and smiled at us.

"We have to talk." she said simply.