• Published 5th Mar 2023
  • 193 Views, 2 Comments

Day & Night - Reminisce



Equestria, a country that is suffering the fractures of instability is now on the cusp of disaster, and only the Elements of Harmony can fix it.

  • ...
 2
 193

Epilogue: Applejack

Applejack spent much of her time after the Nightmare incident repairing much of the Everfrees destroyed or damaged infrastructure, all while being stuck in the middle of Equestrian negotiations. It took nearly two whole months for Applejack to be done with the negotiations, and as a consequence she immediately stepped down from the Council after several disagreements with other Council members. The effect of her stepping down caused many Speakers to rally in support for improving relations with Equestria. After the signing of the E.E.E.A, Applejack was a part of the cultural exchange. Meaning her family was granted a small plot of land outside of the forest as some sort of a test, a test that mattered little to her as she simply used the land plant Equestrian apples. She was an expert at Lunar farming, now it was time for her to become an expert in Equestrian agricultural practices.

Her family took to the changes in strides, her little sister was the most enthusiastic about it and the new friends that she made. Applejack’s older brother was very off putting at first because of his massive and intimidating size, but quickly proved his worth to the Ponyville community by aiding in several town projects to expand the town due to the new traffic. Applejack’s grandmother only thought it was a matter of time before her family was accepted, her words rang true and she was sure to let everypony know it. Still the large orange mare could barely comprehend the strangeness of their new situation and the politeness of the community they were integrating into.

Applejack knew the doors would have to swing both ways eventually, the President couldn't just block the Equestrian ponies from The Everfrees dangers forever. She knew from experience that they're a naturally curious bunch, and it would only be a matter of time before curiosity would get the better of them. Honestly Applejack knew why she was chosen as an emissary for the cultural exchange. The land she was granted blocks both entrances to the forest alongside Fluttershy's plot, and anypony that goes in or out passes through her, effectively making her a gate guard for the Children of the Night. But that mattered little, she wouldn’t gain any ponies' trust by taking shady measures to protect the forest. Honesty was what she lived by, and the ponies of Ponyville deserved every ounce of it.