• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 2,612 Views, 49 Comments

Earth's Nightmare Era - Nightmare Chaser



A story about Nightmare Moons human student and his rebellion against her.

  • ...
5
 49
 2,612

Chase's Regrets

As the cries and pleas for mercy from the woman before Nightmare Moon escape from her lips, Chase can't help but wonder if she really deserved any form of punishment his "teacher" would give this poor african woman. Her almost earthly brown eyes turned to Chase in the hopes that the black as night, once human, alicorn stallion would help her.

"P-please have mercy on me, i didn't mean to insult your teacher or you it was meant as a joke." She pleaded, tears streaming from her eyes.

Chase's emerald eyes stared into hers with cruelity he has practiced and has used many times in the four and a half years he's been the student of the Mare in the Moon. With a sneer he glared at the prisoner, his eyes glowing in the darkened halls of Nightmare Moon's throne room.

"You should have thought about that before you made the joke in the first place. Everything, even a simple joke, has it's consiquences." He turned to the dark queen and bowed his head "What is this lowly wretch's punishment my queen"

Nightmare Moon glanced at the dark woman, who whimpered at her gaze, at the two dark guards flanking her whose bat wings kept her in place, then to her student before her muzzle twisted into a evil grin. Rising from her dark throne she approached her victim her starry mane and tail flowing behind her as she did. Her dark aura seemed to wash over the woman and almost suffocated her

"Well you are lucky today mortal," she gave a dasteredly laugh, "You have caught me in a good mood and instead of a punishment i will give you a choice, either join my army or be locked in the dungeons for the rest of your days." The woman's eyes widened and she looked to be on the verge of tears, her mind processing what she was givin.

After what seemed like ten years she looked up at Nightmare Moon with a pained look, "I'll join your army Nightmare Moon." The dark alicorn grinned as her horn glowed and a dark mist enveloped the poor woman and after a few moments dissapated a dark blue unicorn mare in dark armor standing where the woman originally kneeled. The new guard saluted the dark queen and Chase before she and the other guards were dissmissed by the Mare in the Moon leaving her and her student in the throne room, the eternal night clear through the window and the eternal moon shining onto the floor.

"You have done well this past week my loyal student, it is most interesting that in the time you became my student you have really warmed up to my teachings." She said with a grin which didn't last long till her trademark scowl reappeared on her face, "that will be all for now you are dismissed."

Chase bowed to his teacher then exited the throne room, a pained look crossing his face when he was sure he was out of Nightmare Moon's sight. As he wanders the corridors of the dark castle, situated on the side of the Rocky Mountains, the weeks events play in his mind like a slideshow. The execution of that Ceo on Monday, the visit to a small town in Arizona to adress the citizens on Tuesday, the interagation of those rebels on Wednsday, Thursday , and Friday, and the integration of seven humans on Saturday and today, his mind and body were exhausted from the week he's had. All he wanted to do was rest before Nightmare Moon summoned him for his next lesson or to do her bidding god knows where.

As he entered his private chambers, he thought back to the years he has spent with Nightmare Moon here in her castle as her student and shuddered at the pain and suffering he's caused people just to prove his loyalty to his teacher and mistress least he be punished. As he collapsed into his bed, graciously provided by Nightmare Moon, he surveyed his chambers and frowned at many of the items littering it. He kept thinking back to the night she came and offered Chase the chance to be more than he was now or she would end his family. For a while, three years to be exact, he thought he had made the right descision. Nightmare Moon even allowed him a chance to see his family again, even if it was a brief one. The joy that filled his heart upon seeing his family again could not be described and the gratitued towards the queen of the night was unfathomable. But upon first glance, his family was appaled at what Nightmare had done to their son.

Tears slide down his cheeks, dampening his fur a little, at the memory of their horrified expressions and the pleas of mercy. He tried to get close to them but they kept backing away from him crying. That was the last memory he had of them. He couldn't believe that his parents and his brother were terrified of him just because he looked like a small Nightmare Moon. As he drifted off to sleep he felt his body relax and he closed his eyes.

He slept peacfully for two hours before he was awakened by the sound of knocking on his door. "What is it?" He called in a exhausted daze, "Nightmare Moon requests your prescence in the throne room." Came the reply from Razor, one of Nightmare Moon's Royal guards. Grumbling, Chase gets up and heads for the throne room wondering what she needed.

Nightmare Moon stared out of the window, observing her work and smiling, when the large doors of the throne room creaked open her loyal student entering, obviously woken from a nap she noticed. Chase stopped and bowed before the queen of the night keeping his eyes on the floor, "What may i do for you my mistress?"

She turned from the window to Chase and stares down at him. "It is that time of the month again Chase." Chase nods knowing full well that it is the time for Nightmare Moon to rest and recharge her magic for a week and five days. "I do not wish to be disturbed in this time and i expect that not one of any of my subjects knows of my sleep." He nods and kisses the hoof that she holds up before she walks off to her royal bed chambers.

"You may now return to your nap." Nightmare says before exiting the throne room. He just sighs, half knowing that it was obvious that he was awakened from a nap.

He himself exits the throne room using his magic to close the doors and heads back to his own chambers. With a soft thud he closes his doors and trots over to his desk, looking through the procedures for when Nightmare Moon sleeps. He sighs as he levitated some papers around before noticing a picture poking from one of the piles of papers. He levitates it in front of his face and almost breaks down crying as his old self stares back at him. He shakes his head and replaces the photo where he found it starting to arrange the papers into neat piles when a thought popped into his head.

Remembering the story she told him two years ago about how she came to this world. "Hmm maybe if i tracked down the origin of her powers, her host as she put it, maybe i can find these Elements of Harmony to help me put an end to her reign in my world forever." He thinks it over , these thoughts not being the first of this since he heard about the elements of harmony and how the destroyed her connection with her host and sent her here. At first he was angry at them for sending this evil to his world. But as he thought about it, he came to relize that they were doing what was best for their world and it wasn't their fault that Nightmare Moon came to his world. Now all he wanted was their help to return light to Earth and even change everyone Nightmare Moon changed into her guards, army and her dark bolts.

With his resolve set, he grabbed his cloak and set out to the throne room where her magic was used the most. Silently entering the throne room Chase set about locating the focal point of Nightmare Moon's magic finding it around her throne. Concentrating hard, his horn glowed emerald green as his tracking spell focused on tracking Nightmare Moon's magic back to it's origin. After about ten to fifteen minutes later his spell located the origin of Nightmare Moon.

Smiling Chase began casting a teleportation spellthat would bring him to the spot that last housed Nightmare Moon and her host when they were one. A mist of night surrounded Chase as he unleashed his spell propelling him across space into the world that Nightmare Moon called home.

In a flash of light, Chase appeared in the ruins of the old castle that served as the battleground that was Nighmare's last stand. Surveying the ruins, Chase could sense a great yet faint energy of both the elements of harmony and his mistress just by looking with his magic.

"Now if i follow the trace of the elements i can find the mares who weild them." With a nod he set out of the ruins on the trail of the elements not realizing it was daytime. After an hour of walking the exhaustion of his work and his lack of sleep caught up to him and he sways. Before he passed out he heard rustling and preformed an illusion spell making him look like a pegasus before he passed out.

The last thing he saw befor blacking out was a golden bangled, black and white pair of hooves trotting towards him.

To Be continued....