• Published 27th Jan 2023
  • 198 Views, 2 Comments

A New Day A New Universe - King_Bearo



When fighting a magical monster, something happened to Fluttershy to end up in a world not her own. Monsters leaking into world she now has to find a way back before this world also becomes infested

  • ...
 2
 198

Chapter 2

The castle itself was very big, there were so many rooms that I won’t believe anyone if they say they use them all. There were crystal pillars lined against the walls separating each door as we walked along a long hallway. They took me to a giant room with seven thrones and a giant round table in the middle. It too was made of crystal and it had a map on equestria on it. Everyone went to their respective throne, aligned with their cutie marks, the other Fluttershy’s cutie mark was similar to mine. Along with the three butterflies, ithad a sword in the middle. I got mine after I was learning how to use a sword from my dad. Iy protected some innocent squirrels from local bullies.

“What was that thing?” Twilight said bringing me back to reality

“It’s called a Bizult, it is a giant bipedal spider-like creature. It sprays acid from itself to disintegrate its prey to eat it and it can teleport around to avoid danger, your uh majesty.” I said from what Twilight told me

“There's no need for that, you can just call me Twilight.” Twilight said then continued “Though I never heard of a Bizult before, it was never in any textbooks I’ve read.”

“Granny Smith told me story’s when I was a filly, about monsters that attack in the night. They only hunt at night and leave first thing in the morning so no one has ever seen them.” Apple Jack said, “They also harness the power of the moon.”

“Then why were you fighting it during the day?” Rarity asked

“Um it was dark not even an hour ago,” I deadpanned like it was obvious

“Do you live in a different time zone?” Twilight asked,

“It’s dark twenty-four seven, is it not?” I said confused

They all exchanged worried looks with each other. That can’t be good, did something happen? I started to pace around in worry, my armor clanking together with each step I took. I didn’t realize I was hovering above everyone else until they looked like dots staring back at me in awe. Embarrassed I fluttered back down and tucked my leathery wings back into my side.

“You’re Flutterbat!” Pinkie exclaimed excitedly

“What is a ‘Flutterbat’?” I asked confused

“That's you sill-!” She was cut off before she could finish

“I think what Pinkie is trying to say, is that you look like the form that Fluttershy turned into after a fruit bat spell backfired” Twilight intervened

“I don’t know what you guys are talking about but I’m a thestral, a bat pony. Though unlike most, I eat lots of apples instead of blood.” I said and saw Apple Jack went pale at the mention of eating apples.

“Don’t they only come out at night?” Rainbow Dash said,

“Technically no, not from what I’ve read, they prefer dark areas but don’t mind being out in the sun, didn’t I tell you it was always nighttime?” I said eyebrow raised

“I think I finally know what’s going on.” Twilight started “I predict you’ve jumped universes, from where it’s always dark to a place where there’s a day and night cycle.”

My eyes widened, that can’t be, how did that happen? Soon again I was pacing back and forth in distress, my mind racing. Everypony else was also a little panicked, a stranger that looks like their friend in their world must be weird.

“I think we’re going to need Princess Celestia's help with this.” The other Fluttershy said “She’ll probably know what to do,”

“Celestia’s alive?” I said shocked, “She didn't die during the war?”

They all looked at me confused so I explained “She died a thousand years during the war against King Sombra,”

“Then who’s your ruler?” Rainbow asked

“Princess Luna.”

They looked shocked but didn’t mention it any further. Twilight called over a dragon named Spike and told him to send a message to Princess Celestia about our arrival. I’m still confused about how they’re just able to visit the Princess almost whenever. After that meeting Rarity showed me a bathroom insisting I freshen up before meeting the Princess

I sighed and took off my helmet, my pink ruffled mane falling out and around my neck. Looking into the mirror I saw three gashes on my face from a previous monster attack and my yellow coat offset into a darker yellow from the battle. I took off the rest of my armor and turned on the shower. I got in and watched as the green blood and dirt fell off my fur and into the drain. When I felt satisfied that I got everything off, I got out and took a towel from a hanger, and dried off. Looking back in the mirror I saw my coat was rid of the green and was a whole lot more vibrant.

I left the bathroom with my armor on and the helmet strapped on my back. After a bit of wondering and asking Spike, I found the others in the main entrance all talking to one another. Approaching them Pinkie was the first to see me and waved enthusiastically. The others looked a little shocked, clearly not expecting the damage done to my face but didn't comment on it, most likely out of respect. The walk to the train was uneventful, Pinkie was waving to every pony that they crossed paths with.

“Isn’t there a pony named Starlight Glimmer around here,” I asked with that thought in my mind

“She’s off on a short trip with Trixie, why?” Twilight said

“Well, I just remember her from that time when I went to a remote village cause there were reports of suspicious activity going on,” I replied

“Don’t worry she’s not stealing cutie marks anymore so you don’t need to do anything”

“Oh I know I was the one who stopped her along with my world’s Pinkie and Twilight. I wanted to see what she's been doing, but I now realize it might be different here.”

We were quiet for the rest of the walk and I was looking around in awe at the lighter senary. At first, the brightness was hurting my eye, but once I got somewhat used to it, it surprised me how much clearer I could see everything. Even though ponies evolved to see better at night, in the light everything was as sharp as a knife’s edge. Getting on the train, the cart we got in was pretty much empty, so we went to the seats near the middle and sat down.

—————————————————

“So you guys have never worked at the castle before?” I asked while walking down the street

“We’ve only been in the castle for Cadence’s wedding, Twilight’s coronation, when Sunset stole the crown, the Grand Galloping Gala, and other times, not in that order.” Pinkie said

“I live in the castle, I’ve only been to the Gala off duty once, it was pretty boring.”

“Well we also pretty much crashed the party,” Rainbow said

“Princess Celestia thought it was the most interesting thing that ever happened.” Rarity continued

“You guys crashed a gala? Wow, I wouldn’t dare do something like that, “ I said flabbergasted

“I accidentally stole her pet phoenix one time.” Other Fluttershy said

“You stole the princess’s pet!” These girls keep surprising me “You girls are insane!”

We arrived at the castle and it sure looks different and not just from the light. It had a lot more yellow on it and dark blue was replaced by pale purple. Going inside there were lots of guards patrolling the halls with gold armor instead of the navy blue. The layout was a little different but it’s pretty much the same. Making our way around the halls we ended up in front of a large door, this is giving me deja vu. When opening the door, two princesses were sitting on their thrones, Princess Celestia and Luna.

“Wow! She’s a lot bigger than in the stories.” I muttered

“Hello girls, how are you today?” She said in a calming voice

“We’re doing fine, though we have a small problem that we’re hoping you have a solution to.” Twilight said “I think when Fluttershy here was fighting a monster, she somehow got transported to our universe.”

“And what is this monster you speak of?” Luna spoke up

“It’s called a Bizult,” I said

“Yes, those things are dangerous and very rare to spot, then you must know they also teleport then. If something interferes with their teleporting then it can cause a tear, transporting it and its victim. Let me ask now, how did you come across it?” She said

“We got reports of monsters terrorizing ponyville, and were ordered to stay there for a while to keep the town safe.”

“And what is of your world?”

That’s when I told the story of my world, to say the least both the princesses looked shocked. When I mentioned that Luna was the ruler, she looked at her sister with a smug look. In return her sister glared back which almost got a laugh out of me. The others look surprised too, I didn’t think they could get even more shocked, I am proven wrong. After I told the story Celestia closed her eyes like she’s in deep thought.

“I know a way to get you back to your own world, but we would need a special crystal that I don’t currently possess. It’s found in the mountains outside of the crystal empire. Once we have it though, me and Luna can cast a powerful spell on it so when you touch it it sends you back to where you came from.” Celestia then said

“This is great news!” Pinkie said

This is reassuring, I’ll find a way to get back to my friends and Angel. This left me wondering, how long will this journey take though? Hopefully it won’t be too time consuming, even though these ponies are very interesting to be around and very similar, they’re just not my friends.

“Is there any book or paper on the crystal?” Twilight asked

“There should be one in the archives. Why don’t you stay here before the sun goes down before you leave to look for it, we will send you the book once we find it.” Luna said

“I’m sorry but we have to decline, we need to go back home and pack up.” Twilight said

We said our thanks and headed back out on the street to make our way to the train station. During the walk I saw so many familiar faces, but they all acted and moved differently from what I am familiar with. Nearing the train, I had an idea, I wanted to see how fast this Rainbow Dash is.

“Hey Dash” I said with a smirk “You wanna do a little race?”

“You sure? Cause I’m really fast, like really fast.” She said a little cocky

“I think you're forgetting that I am captain of the Lunar Guard. I’ve even beaten my Rainbow Dash in races before.”

“Ok if you’re sure. You’re on! Where are we racing?”

“Back to Ponyville”

“Uh that’s pretty far”

“You're scared you’ll lose?”

“Scared? Never! I’ll beat you before you have time to blink.”

“If you’re going to do that we’ll be right behind you, on the train.” Twilight said

We lined up on the platform in the direction of Ponyville. Twilight went to count us off with the others looking in curiosity and suspense. I took off right when she said one, I was in the lead with a good amount of space between us.

It was beautiful, the light making everything vibrant. The ground was painted with shades of green, yellow, pink and white, I could see the animals going about their business. The sky was a bright blue with white fluffy clouds looking over everything.

—————————————————

Twilight was pacing around her lab with the others standing there with worry. Fluttershy was missing for two days with no note or anything. They quickly informed Princess Luna about the event and she told them to come back immediately.

“That monster also disappeared at the same time as she did” Rainbow observed

“Do you think it has to do with the disappearance?” Apple jack said

“Most likely, I'm going to have to do more research on it.” Twilight said

Everyone was worried, but they only had limited time to find out any information since they had jobs they needed to do. Whenever they were on breaks they spent it on trying to find anything, that be it excessive reading or just asking around. There was a knock on the door and a guard was on the other side.

“Hello? This is for miss rarity” he said, placing down a package.

“Oh thank you! This must be the new fabric I gotten” she said getting the package

When she opened the package, there was a shocked look on her face, her eyes going wide. The others went up to her and when they saw what was in the package they too were shocked. Inside the big box there was a piece of faded brown parchment and a note that was signed by Anonymous.

I know what happened to your friend, I don't know where she is exactly but she's not here, in this world. I can help you get her back though, in the mountains north of the Crystal mountains there is a crystal, it is called the frequency crystal. If it's touched by a powerful spell, then it will bring back your friend from anywhere in space and time. I don't know much about this crystal, all I know is that there has to be its counterpart present and already activated, and once she touches it it will send her to the frequency crystal. I found a paper about the two crystals that might be useful to you. ~Yours Anonymous

“I think I know what we need to do now” Twilight said still shocked

Everyone looked at each other, excitedly and nodded. It looks like they’re going on a trip to the Crystal Empire. They couldn’t wait, but first they needed to ask the Princess for permission first, so they all ran out of the room to get there as quickly as possible.