• Published 15th Jan 2023
  • 196 Views, 1 Comments

Star Wars: The Dark Side of Everfree - sonicdash123



Having trouble getting over the dark past, Charming Thunder goes camping with his school of Canterlot High. A mysterious magical presence is also in the air during their trip.

  • ...
 1
 196

Chapter 6: The Final Fight

The Mane Five, Peter, and Timber were fighting against Gloriosa. Timber was trying to talk sense into her, but all attempts were futile. It did not stop the others from fighting her though. “Why are you fighting me?!” she demanded. “I'm doing this to save our camp! I'm doing this for you!”

“Gloriosa, let's just think about this for a moment, shall we?” Rarity said with a chuckle. “I mean, I think Camp Everfree is absolutely delightful, but I just don't know that I'm quite ready to give up my weekly trips to the spa.” Gloriosa had an insane smile on her face.

“To the spa? To the spa?!” Roots began to surround Gloriosa and Peter and the girls began to back away. Rainbow tried to dash at her, but she used her power to make Rainbow trip, making her yelp. Rainbow hit her friends and they hit like bowling pins.

“Gloriosa, this isn't the way!” Timber shouted.

“I appreciate your concern, Timber, but I got this!”

“No, you don’t!”


Sunset, Twilight, and Spike arrive in front of the wall of vines that now surround the camp. Sunset and Spike attempted to rip through the vines, but had no luck. Sun set turned to Twilight. “Twilight, do you think you can use your magic?” she asked.

“I don't want to use too much,” Twilight said with concern. “Midnight Sparkle can take over.”

“Come to your senses, Twilight. What do you think Charming would do if he were in your shoes? Our friends are in there.” Sunset held Twilight’s hands and she ponied up. Twilight struggled to find courage and then nodded.

“Okay.” Twilight then used her magic to open a way into the wall. Timber struggled to break free from his vine prison.

“Please, Gloriosa!” Timber pleaded. “What you're doing is crazy! You have to listen to me!”

“That isn’t Gloriosa!” Sunset said as she along with Twilight and Spike went through the opening. Twilight released the vines which covered up the opening she made.

“Twilight!” Rarity said.

“Sunset!” Applejack said.

“You’re okay!” Rainbow said.

“Where's Charming?” Fluttershy asked.

“Should be here soon,” Sunset said. “Rarity, make an opening with your magic for him.” Rarity nodded as she used her magic to keep a spot open on the wall of vines as it slowly covered the camp. Sunset and Twilight stood next to Timber. “That isn't your sister. It's someone who's been consumed by Equestrian magic.”

“Whoever you are, you have to let my sister go!” Timber said. “Please, Gloriosa, come back! I need you!”

“If you won’t help me, Timber, then I guess you and your campers will be destroyed,” Gloriosa said. She aimed her hands towards Twilight, Sunset, and Timber and charged up her magic. A pumpkin got thrown through Rarity’s barrier which then reformed and then flashed into Gloriosa’s eyes to blind her.

“What was that?” Applejack asked.

“Look!” Pinkie shouted excitedly as she pointed to the barrier as a mysterious figure on a hoverboard bursts through and whips Gloriosa with his board which causes Timber to break free from the vines. She impacts on the ground that formed a small crater as the figure hovered down towards Twilight, Sunset, and Timber. The mask lowered to reveal Charming Thunder’s face after he jumped off of his board.

“You came after all!” Twilight said. Charming Thunder smiled at Twilight. He then looked at Timber and offered his hand to him. Timber looked at his hand and then took it. He nodded at Timber as he helped him up.

“And it looks like I got here just in time for the party,” Charming Thunder added.

“A couple minutes with her wouldn’t have been so bad either,” Sunset said.

“What are you going to do without me then?” Charming Thunder chuckled until the ground began to shake. He turned when a group of vines appeared out of the ground. “Timber, do me a favor. Protect the campers.”

“What are you going to do?” Timber asked.

“I am going to have a chat with your sister.”

“Please be careful, Charming,” Twilight said, worried. Charming Thunder looked at her.

“If anything goes sour, use your magic to stop her. Don’t let Midnight take control.” Charming Thunder winked at her as a sign that he will be fine. The three then met up with the other girls while he walked up towards the vine as it lowered to reveal Gloriosa stepping out when it reached ground level. He then stopped a distance away from her.

“Charming Thunder, you survived,” Gloriosa said. “I was beginning to miss you anyways.” Charming Thunder only remained silent as Gloriosa looked around at her handy work. “Like what I have done with the place?”

“This madness ends now!”

“I know it does. I've seen it. That's why these campers will have to enjoy the show. Because we all know that I'm the one that beats you.” Gloriosa clenched her fists while Charming Thunder did the same with his mask returning to cover it up. The two then ran towards each other and fought with their fists. They mirror one another, neither one gaining or losing ground until each sees the exact same opening. Simultaneously delivering a thunder packed punch that sends both men flying backwards. Charming Thunder lands on his feet while Gloriosa impacts on her wall of vines. They then dashed towards each other again and wrestled. Gloriosa headbutts Charming Thunder and delivers a heavy kick which sends him flying back and impacts the wall. He looked up for everyone to see that the lens of his mask cracked open. Gloriosa then floated off the ground as Charming Thunder got up to dash towards her. The two then hit each other in the face which made them impact on the ground. Gloriosa got up slowly while Charming Thunder looked up at her with his mask now completely off and his lip bleeding. “Can you feel it, Charming Thunder? The madness closing in on you? I really should thank everyone. Your friends taught me the true purpose. My purpose is to protect this camp.” Charming Thunder shook his head before he spat out blood. He then slowly got up off of the ground.

“Poor Gloriosa. Too weak to save your own camp.” Charming Thunder then got into a battle pose and used his hand to taunt Gloriosa with a grin.

“I’ll show you who's weak!”

“Atta girl.” Another fury roars as the fight between Charming Thunder and Gloriosa continues. At the right moment, Charming Thunder an explosion of kicks. He then kicked Gloriosa far back. He took a step forward a little as she used her magic to form a sword.

“Ooooh!” Pinkie said in the crowd. “Sword fight!” Charming Thunder then drew his small katana-like sword on his back. He and Gloriosa charged and clashed their blades together. They both broke the clash and then Gloriosa strikes as Charming Thunder blocked each strike. He then kicked her back away from him as they stood. He aimed his hand at his glider as a pumpkin bomb shot out of his hoverboard towards his hand like a magnet. He then threw it and made it form a razor bat. She then used her vine to catch it and throw it towards her opponent which caused it to explode. Smoke appeared as Twilight and the others struggled to see what was going on. Once it began to clear, she gasped as she saw Charming Thunder wrapped up in vines.

“CHARMING!!!” Twilight shouted as Gloriosa used her vines to electrocute Charming Thunder for a moment and then toss him towards Twilight and the others. He slowly got up after a very long electrocution. Twilight attempted to approach him, but was stopped when she and her friends were surrounded by vines. Rarity used her magic barrier to hold the vines in place around them. Charming Thunder noticed his friends trapped and got on his knee to get up.

“I can't keep this up forever!” Rarity said. Sunset looks at Twilight.

“It’s up to you,” Sunset said. “You can use your magic to pull the brambles apart and save Charming!”

“No!” Twilight said as she shook her head. “There's too many of them. It would take too much magic. I can't!”

“It's the only way! You have to embrace the magic inside you!” Twilight had a look of doubt.

“What if she takes over? What if instead of saving everyone, I turn into Midnight Sparkle and only make things worse?”

“That won't happen! We won't let it. Don’t just do it for us. Do it for someone who cares for you the most; Charming Thunder.”

“Charming....still cares about me? After all the things he did? After what I did?”

“Of course he does. He was just afraid to admit it because he was blinded by jealousy when he saw you with Timber.” Twilight’s eyes widened and then realized that Sunset was right.

“What have I done?” Twilight then heard voices going on outside the barrier.

“Why, Charming?!” Gloriosa demanded. “Why?! Why do you persist?!” Charming Thunder shook his head as he stood up on his feet.

“Not because I have to, but because I choose to,” Charming Thunder said. “Oh, and that raptor you somehow brought here, I didn’t just take it down. I tamed it.”

“A mere bluff! No one could ever tame an animal.”

“Really? Mess with me, and she will poke your eyes out!” Charming Thunder whistled to signal the velociraptor to jump on top of the wall of vines surrounding Twilight and the others and roared at Gloriosa. He then pointed his finger towards Gloriosa who was now frightened. “Get her!” The raptor then pounced on top of Gloriosa and attempted to bite, but she dodged the sharp teeth quickly and used her vines to push it off of her. It then hissed as it was getting ready to pounce. “Enough!” The raptor then stood down and backed off from Gloriosa who was now out of breath. Charming Thunder slowly approached Gloriosa as he had his fists clenched.

“I forged myself into a being worthy of saving this camp from Filthy Rich!” Charming Thunder stopped in his tracks. He then looked back at the barrier where his friends were still trapped.

“So am I.” Gloriosa’s eyes widened at what Charming Thunder said. “From a monster that you have become.” Gloriosa was now full of rage as she got up to fire a vine to wrap it around Charming Thunder’s neck to choke him. She approached him as he struggled to break free. The vine released him as Gloriosa then grabbed him by the neck and lifted him off the ground.

“It’s over, boy. Give up.” Charming Thunder chuckled weakly.

“Well, it has been fun. But I think our time is up.” Charming Thunder eyed the vine barrier as it began to glow inside. She looked as well and tossed him past Timber leaving him unconscious. He tended to him as Twilight suddenly broke through the vines with wings now on her back. She gazed at Gloriosa.

“No! This is not fair!” The geodes left Gloriosa and went to its new owners which gave them power. Each girl transformed into superhero-like outfits with the geodes turning into a necklace. Peter was a little jealous before he covered his eyes until the bright light was released by the seven and exploded causing the vine dome to crackle and explode. Wisps of light then started to rain down on Camp Everfree. The principals and campers who were trapped inside a building stepped out to see the wisps. The two then noticed Charming Thunder down on the ground next to Timber and rushed on over to his aid.

“Is he okay?” Luna asked. Timber was about to check for a pulse until Charming Thunder stopped him when he regained consciousness. He slowly opened his eyes to see him and gestured with his head to go to his sister while Celestia and Luna helped him up. Timber walked up to Gloriosa who was back to her normal form.

“Gloriosa?” Timber said as a small green particle of magic hit Gloriosa’s face and she opened her eyes, groaning.

“What happened?” Gloriosa asked. “It's okay. It's gonna be okay.” Timber looked at Twilight and the others and then to Charming Thunder with a nod. The seven landed on the ground then the campers cheered for them. Peter rushed over to Sunset and hugged her.

“You did it, girls!” Peter said. “Even better than Spider-Man.” Sunset chuckled at the compliment. Spike jumped at Twilight, who caught him.

“Nice bling,” Spike said.

“What are these?” Applejack asked.

“I’m not sure,” Sunset said. “But clearly we have some kind of connection to them.”

“I almost don't care what they are,” Rarity added with enthusiasm. “They are gorgeous! And will totally go with the other collection I was working on for the camp fashion show!” She giggled before stopping when noticing the awkward expression of everyone else. “That's probably canceled, isn't it?” Chuckling was then heard from Charming Thunder as he held his waist from the fight.

“Those would look great for a future fashion show actually,” Charming Thunder reassured. “You girls did great by the way.” Rainbow then dashed towards him to raise his hand high in the air.

“I’d say three cheers for the real hero right here!” Rainbow said. The campers cheered as Charming Thunder looked at everyone with a smile. He then looked at Twilight with a nod towards him.