• Published 29th Mar 2023
  • 897 Views, 30 Comments

A Mare's Journey - MangaBro



Twilight is traumatized after a tragic event, which causes her to forbid herself from using her magic.

  • ...
0
 30
 897

Chapter 5 - A Mare's Reunion

It's been an agonizing 6 hours in total since Trixie began torturing Twilight Sparkle. Not even as much of a second passing. At this point, she had killed Twilight a total of 25 times, and revived her using the advantages of the imagination spell. Some deaths were quick, while some were brutal and agonizing.

it seemed like Twilight was about to meet her end once again as her vision began to fade. Just as Trixie was about to deliver the final blow, a figure appeared out of nowhere.

It was Shining Armor, Twilight's brother and a powerful unicorn in his own right. He had been searching for his sister for weeks ever since he was told by Celestia that his sister that he hadn't seen ever since he was a young colt. Since Trixie was too foolish to make her spell invisible to the pony eye. Shining Armor had heard the commotion in the mansion and had arrived just in time to save Twilight.

"Who are you, and how did you even-"

"You made the foalish mistake of not making your illusion invisible." Shining Armor interrupted.

"Why you little-"

Trixie was suddenly cut off by a powerful blast of magic by Shining Armor, which sent Trixie flying backwards, and destroying her spell. He then used his magic to create a shield around Twilight, protecting her from any further harm.

Meanwhile, Twilight gazed upon the powerful unicorn protecting him. He looked vaguely familiar, but she couldn't quite put her hoof on where she'd seen him.

"You won't be taking anymore lives, Trixie Lulamoon." Stated Shining Armor, taking a step foward, "Especially not my sisters!"

"Sister?!!"

Twilight's ears perked up immediately after hearing that statement. She hadn't seen Shining Armor since leaving the Crystal Empire. It was a long time ago, so she didn't remember much of her time at the Crystal Empire, but Shining Armor wasn't that hard recognize once she focused more on his blue mane.

However, she couldn't wrap her head around how Shining Armor found her. The chances of anypony suddenly finding her in the middle of this forest seemed highly unlikely. If he was sent by somepony to find her. How did he and why did it take so long? Surely, he would've came to find her years ago after hearing the incident. Twilight had so many questions.

Even with Shining Armor protecting Twilight, Trixie didn't back down, as she still had the powerful Alicorn amulet in her disposal. She was not going to give up this perfect opportunity to torture the one she resented the most. However, before she could even cast a spell; The two Unicorns suddenly vanished into thin air, leaving Trixie alone and angry in the mansion.

She deactivated the illusion spell of the mansion and stood aimlessly in the clearing of the forest, filled with an immense rage in her heart. She'd spent years waiting for the chance to make Twilight suffer, and even if she had did so for over six hours, she still wasn't satisfied. Her resentment was too great. The only way this burning rage inside her could disappear is if Twilight suffered for eternity.

"Ah yes! Perfect! Why didn't I think of that sooner?!"A huge grin spread across Trixie's face as she came to the realization. Death was too easy of a punishment for Twilight in her eyes. The only way she could fully be satisfied is she lived the rest of her days knowing that Twilight was still suffering.

"Next time I see her. I'll make her and her brother suffer forever! Along with her pathetic little dragon, Spike." She thought.

Meanwhile, Twilight and Shining Armor were now in a dark cave far away from their previous location. Shining Armor used his horn to create light. Twilight was exhausted and traumatized from all the torture she endured, and collapsed onto the ground.

"You alright?" Shining Armor asked.

"..I..uh..I..can't... what..why?" Twilight spoke in gibberish as her brain was almost completely broken from dying so many times. Her eyes couldn't even look straight and she was breathing heavily.

"He...neigh..neigh!" She whined.

"What did she do to you?" Shining Armor thought.

"Snap out of it, Twilight!" Shining Armor raised his hoof and smacked Twilight in the face. Twilight eventually came back to her senses and looked deep into Shining Armor's eyes.

"It’s me." Shining Armor said, "Your brother."

"I've been searching all over for you!" He added.

"Shining... Armor?" Twilight questioned

Tears began to flow down Twilight's eyes and she fell back onto the ground, "I'm sorry," she blurted out, her eyes filling with tears. "I'm sorry for everything."

Shining Armor raised an eyebrow and asked, "For what?"

Twilight's heart dropped to her stomach upon hearing Shining Armor's reaction. She had assumed that he'd at least heard of the incident form somepony, or from Princess Celestia; How couldn't he? He should be the first pony to know about it.

"Did Celestia keep it a secret?" Thought Twilight

Twilight glanced at Shining Armor, who was smiling; waiting for Twilight to give an answer. Twilight was hesitant for a moment, she didn't want Shining Armor to have any resent for her like Trixie does now. But if she didn't tell the truth, who would?

So, she trusted her gut, wiped her tears, and told him the truth of what happened at that school. Shining Armor was surprised by the horrifying truth. Never would he have thought that his own sister would be the cause of his parent's death. However, he wasn’t angry at Twilight. Instead, he was angry at Celestia for not telling him the truth. He thought if she had told him sooner, maybe he wouldn't spend those past years completly in the dark, wondering about his parents

"..sorry..." Twilight apologized, another tear flowing down her eyes.

Shining Armor stepped closer to her and wrapped her in a warm embrace. "There's nothing to apologize for," he murmured into her hair. "I'm just glad you're safe."

For a moment, all Twilight could do was stare at him. She had been so convinced that he would hate her for what happened with Trixie, but here he was, hugging her with nothing but fondness in his eyes.

Overwhelmed with happiness and guilt, Twilight cried and rested her head In Shining Armor's embrace. Shining Armor patted her back, reassuring that everything was fine.

They both let go of each after a few seconds, Twilight's eyes still teary from all the crying.

"Damn Celestia." Shining Armor mumbled, "If only she had told me earlier I-"

Shining Armor stopped himself and took a deep breath, which calmed him down.

"It must've been... so hard for you.." Twilight said, "I didn't mean to kill out parents Shining Armor."

"Yeah, it was." Shining Armor looked down, "But, I'm not angry at you, Twilight. I know it wasn't you fault."

"However, there is one thing I need to know..." Shining Armor added, his gaze looking deep into Twilight's teary eyes, "That Mare we saw back there, why was she trying to hurt you?"

Shortly after hearing Shining Armor's question, Twilight stopped and looked down. Remembering that terrible incident. She felt a sudden and loud ring in her ears as if her eardrums were about to burst at any moment. Shining Armor's calls for her to respond were completely muffled by the loud ring in Twilight's ears. Then, she let out a bloodcurdling shriek.

All of the sudden, Twilight felt her horn activate on its own, and her body began to levitate. She frantically waved her hooves around in the air, trying to get down, but it was futile. It was like she had no control of her body anymore.

"Twilight! What're you doing?!" Shining Armor asked.

"I don't know!" Replied Twilight.

Twilight saw the blood dripping down her horn, and had a sudden flashback to the incident 10 years ago.

"No no! Not again!" Twilight yelled, "Shining Armor, get away, quick! It's going to kill you!"

Shining Armor leaped back and activated his magic, creating a light blue aura around his horn, "Hold on, Twilight!"

Black wings began to form on the sides of Twilight's body before Shining Armor shot her down using a powerful spell. She landed onto the ground sideways, grunting in pain with her eyes closed. Shining Armor immediately went to check on her.

"Twily!" Shining Armor shouted, "Are you alright?!"

"Stay.... away.. Find... Spike.." Twilight mumbled before completely going unconscious

"She's been through alot.." Thought Shining Armor, "Damn it, why didn't I help her sooner?!"

To Be Continued!

Author's Note:

I know this was supposed to be called, "Pegasus of the forest" but I thought, "Why not torture Twilight a little bit more?"
The next chapter will be called, "Dragon on the Run" focusing on Spike