• Published 22nd Nov 2022
  • 507 Views, 21 Comments

Monster Huntress Diamond - HappyPillz



Rarity gets transported to the world of Monster Hunter, eventually becoming the most epic hunter they have.

  • ...
1
 21
 507

22. Time to Unwind

“Y’know, I’m really growing to like this little town,” Rainbow said, looking around Miliesu as she sipped her glacial vodka. “It’s got a kinda… rustic kind of ‘I’m gonna kick your ass’ vibe to it.”

“I can tell, you’re spending as much time here as Lycadran’s spending in Equestria,” Rarity sipped her own vodka. “I can’t tell if she’s trying to spend more time visiting Fluttershy, eating cupcakes, or just trying to find a way to stay there permanently.”

“Thankfully there are enough ponies that showed up to pick up hunting jobs,” Sydreol pointed out. “And there’s no shortage of aberrants, either. You said Twilight is looking into the dimensional magic leak?”

“Yeah, but she said not to expect there to be progress any time soon. Cyradel moved into the castle temporarily, but even with the two of them, interdimensional magic transfer is kind of a big problem.”

“Well, until they figure it out, we’re going to keep getting aberrants,” Cinnamon pointed out. “We can siphon the crystals by the rift as much as we want, but the magic can still go directly into the end nodes themselves.”

“All you guys talk about is hunting! Why can’t you talk about something more fun?”

“Renny, since when do you know anything about fun? Come to think of it, when was the last time you said a full sentence without swearing?” Sydreol posed.

“Shut up, Syd, Pinkie’s being a good influence on her. Don’t ruin it,” Rarity chided.

“Yeah! What she said!” Pinkie piped up. “I’m a good influencer! Plus I can make cupcakes in her forge without burning them! How many people or ponies do you know that can do that?”

“Wait, you do what with my forge?” Reneris growled.

“Nothing!” Pinkie produced a small tray of baked goods. “Cupcake?”

“Ugh, never mind. And no thanks. But I will take another drink.” She flagged down the pony waiting tables in the expanded wing of the canteen. “Could I get another mug of hard apple cider? The aged one, whichever Applejack said was the best one they made.”

“Yes, ma’am,” she replied.

“Don’t ‘ma’am’ me,” Reneris grunted. “If you’re gonna work here, get to know my face, and come up with a swear word to go with it.”

“Uhm… o-ok…”

“Good. Glad that’s settled.” Reneris settled back in her seat.

“So how’s yer clothing and layered armor business been goin’, Rares?” Applejack put forward, taking a gulp of her cider.

“It’s been going wonderfully, thank you,” Rarity gushed. “I get orders left and right; people here in town, new pony hunters, ponies back in Equestria even, and thanks to the fact that pegasi can make deliveries to other regions here faster than ever, I’m getting orders from everywhere on the continent!”

“You know, ever since you ponies got here, we’ve become more connected with the other parts of our world than we’ve ever been before,” Cinnamon said. “It’s really been amazing, I’m glad we didn’t try to shut the rift.”

“Mm, you and me both,” Rarity agreed, taking another sip.

Sydreol set down his ale. “Since we were on the subject of being in Ponyville earlier, thanks for inviting me over the other day, Rares. Your kid sister is adorable, I’ll have to bring her some presents or something next time I go.”

“Don’t you dare, she’s spoiled enough as it is.”

Rainbow eyed the pair.

“Inviting him over to meet the family? Is there something going on between you two?”

“Pfft, heavens, no.” Rarity sipped her vodka lazily, barely showing any interest in the question. “I’m a monster hunter, Rainbow. That implies things of large size.” She sipped her vodka again without another word.

A moment of silence followed, before every other patron in the canteen except two broke out in hysterical laughter. One was casually sipping vodka, and the other was crawling under a table, looking for his dignity.

"Oh, get up here, Syd," Rarity said. "I'm just messing with you. I'm not saying you never have a chance. Just... not right now."

"Oh," came a voice from under the table, sounding much more cheerful than Rarity expected. "I knew that."

"Sure you did." She sipped her drink. "Well, with aberrant populations growing like they are, and the influx of capable pony hunters, we'll be spending a lot more time together anyway. No point in hunting solo when we can afford to hunt in pairs. That should improve my tolerance of your bullshit."

"You sure you want to be around him more?" Cinnamon grimaced.

Rarity shrugged.

"He can be entertaining."

Cinnamon stared at Sydreol with narrowed eyes.

"If you make our hunts annoying as hell, you'd better learn to sleep with one eye open, because I have plenty of dung bombs and a friend that can float things into your house from outside."

Another round of laughter worked its way through the canteen.

"Growing to like this town, nothing," Rainbow croaked past her laughter. "I bucking love this place."

Rarity leaned back with a smile.

"Me too."