• Published 17th Nov 2022
  • 736 Views, 34 Comments

Fluttershy Saves The World in 7 Days - Miller Minus



Fluttershy has a panic attack. In 7 days, she'll save the world.

  • ...
6
 34
 736

Day 5

“You want me to what?

Fluttershy re-read the pamphlet that Angel had placed in front of her (over her Daring Do book).

Write letters to your friends about the things they do that upset you, and then don’t send them.

Angel padded his foot against the desk, not taking his paw off of the instruction.

Fluttershy went up in the air, fretting. “Oh, oh… Angel! I can’t do that!”

His foot still padded, his paw still pointed. He had even brought a stack of five cue cards, upon the fronts of which he had scrawled the five cutie marks of her friends. He had wanted to draw the ponies themselves, but he thought he might get carried away. He had already planned to give Bumpkinhead cross-eyes, to stick a dress in Bad Priorities’ mouth, and to draw Deathwish with her spine bent so far backwards you couldn’t even see her head anymore. But Angel knew where it was.

The cutie marks were more impartial, in the end.

“But… I love my friends! They don’t do anything to upset me.”

With an audible sigh, Angel took a piece of lined paper on the desk and placed it in front of the chair, along with a quill and an ink well. He took the first card off the stack—the three apples—and put it neatly over the page. He snapped his paw for good measure.

Fluttershy got in her chair, pushing her forehooves down next to her rump. “Okay,” she said. “If you’re sure this will help.”

The process took a couple hours. It started with a few tears, but it ended with careful, methodical breaths. Calm ones, that had a pinch of vigor in them.

When Angel checked in on her, she was finishing her fourth letter. He looked over her work, just to make sure she wasn’t holding back. She wasn’t. Bumpkinhead got a stern sentence or two about how she made Fluttershy feel like a child. Bad Priorities got something similar, with an added shot to her laissez-faire attitude toward Opalescence.

Bumper Cars’ was more lighthearted—mostly just a lecture on the difference between extroverts and introverts. Deathwish was called out for making Fluttershy feel like she kept her around as a kind of contrast, always making herself look more athletic and brave whenever she was nearby.

Angel hummed in approval. He noticed that each letter was still signed with her name, right after the word ‘love’.

Then he noticed she had stopped writing. She picked up the card with Bookface’s trademark stars. She rubbed her bottom lip with the point of her hoof.

“Um… I don’t know what to write,” she said. Not scared or worried, just matter-of-fact. “Actually…” She dipped the quill and began writing.

Fluttershy wrote ten unsent letters to Twilight Sparkle that day. Angel left her to her first, then checked up during her third, her sixth, her eighth and her tenth. He wasn’t about to do anything that might cause her to lose the silly smile appearing on her face.

***

That night, as Fluttershy re-organized the bookshelf in the living room (she felt she could do better), Angel read over her pile of letters to Twilight. Sentences popped out at him as he skimmed.

I’ve never met anyone who could be so awkward, so bookish, yet still be so great at putting herself out there. I wonder if you could teach me someday?

I love really like how you seem to outdo yourself every day. It’s like you never stop working. It doesn’t surprise me that you’re a princess now, you deserve it.

Twilight, you’re going to save the world one day. I mean, I know you already have. We already have! But even if we weren’t here, you would have done it without us. I’m sure of it.

Angel’s foot began tapping uncontrollably. When Fluttershy walked into the room, she found him grinning up at her. She shooed him away, blushing like an unplucked rose.