• Published 30th Oct 2022
  • 443 Views, 8 Comments

The Great Rainbow War - KenDoStudios



Opaline fights Twilight for Control over Equestria

  • ...
 8
 443

Locked out of Haven 1

Haven was in her usual spot tapping her hooves in thought. She did this often to think about things, but her mind was on the unexpected shift of rulership to Celestia and Luna to Twilight Sparkle as was directed by Opaline earlier. As always there are those who will be discontent by such shifts. That was why she would need to keep an eye on said ponies if they should make it to Ponyville. But as of now, they were still at Silver Shoals.

The young pegasus looked around her surroundings. she was perched high in a abandoned bell tower, overlooking the scenery. Silver Shoals was a small town and island in Equestria. The island was know only by a handful of known households.

To the left of her was Silver Mountain and the right Seaward Shoals. both cold be seen from her perspective. They were part of the same island which could house a slew of many creatures including fish people, merfolk, hippogriffs, sea dragons and even unicorns!

Haven gazed toward the center of the island where a large boat was docked. This ship contained several new arrivals recently. one of them happened to be her.

She knew she was not welcome here. The Pegasus hid aboard just to get to this island without being noticed. but she had no idea how to enter Celestials home, nor did she even know where she was living. down in the valley was several housed dotted around the landscape. Some of these houses belonged to other pegasi. But all Haven was concerned were Celestia and Luna the ponies who once ruled over Equestria. Havens instructions were clear on finding information about the past princesses. But she could learn no more and would prefer hearing it from the horses mouths themselves rather than reading books.

Haven sighed and adjusted herself sitting cross legged, hugging her legs tightly against her chest before closing her eyes. Her horn began to glow softly sending a signal to her brain telling her it was time to sneak in. She opened her eyes slowly and checked her position carefully before letting out a breath and starting forward.

Silver shoal was an open community, but there were still guards posted in several places, just for the general safety of everyone. nothing would happen if she was sighted for a bit, but one of them might catch wise and see she was not old and did not belong here. So she needed to stay hidden until she reached the main road leading into town.

She soon arrived at the outskirts of town near the docks, where A lone guard stood watch protecting the dock area. He was tall and muscular, clad in heavy armor like most of the other guards stationed throughout the town. His face was stern but pleasant, he wore a long black cloak covering his body, concealing his identity completely. Even though he was armed with a sword, he didn't seem overly worried about anything. In fact he seemed quite relaxed.

He watched the water below him as some sailors unloaded crates onto the ships deck. There were three ships present: two smaller ones and the largest with sails furled ready to depart. Once the last crate was secured onto the first ship, the sailors started loading supplies onto it.

Haven turned and hid behind the trees away from the sight of the muscular guard whose attention was fully on the sailors. It wasn't hard to hide among the thick bushes lining the edge of the forest. She took deep breaths and waited patiently, trying to ignore the nervousness building up inside her.

she snuck inside the town, into the local registry office. Inside was not busy and there was a mare there reading the paper when she entered. she snuck up behind some convenient boxes hiding from her view and took a moment to analyze the room. The surrounding room was filled with paperwork tables, filing cabinets and various computers. There was also another door directly across from her.

She snuck across the room and opened the door quietly. As she walked through, she saw the mare looking up from her newspaper and she quickly ducked inside. After shutting the door behind her quietly she looked around the room.

There was a desk with lots of documents lying scattered upon it. She picked up a piece of paper and read it. "location of silver spoon" written clearly on it. well, this was going to be easy enough. All she needed now was to find the location of Celestia and Luna hidden among these records.

She looked back towards the door to made sure it wasn't opening. Then, she went to work searching through every single file folder, every stack of papers,

After rummaging through everything she saw Luna and Celestia's names listed under the royal family section! Now she only needed to locate which document they were located within... the door behind her suddenly rattled loudly.
Haven instantly ducked underneath the desk and hid underneath it. She heard the door open, she held her breath hoping whoever it was wouldn't look down or notice her.

From beneath the desk she peeked out cautiously and spotted a pony dressed in dark armor standing outside. Behind him was another pony wearing a similar outfit but with white hair. Both had came into the room mulling through the various files "...Daring Doo has another name." Said the one pony that sounded like a girl.

"Yes, but don't tell the kid who sent the letter, he's dying of cancer, he sent it through some company known as Make a Wish... its very inconvenient... I'm sorry..." said the man sounding disappointed.

"I understand, thank you anyway!" replied the second pony sounding even more upset than the first.
The door creaked shut and Haven felt safe once again. She pulled herself up from beneath the desk and sat up straight, feeling relieved. Who knew what could have happened if someone else caught her?

As she glanced at the folder she held and read the location description: wid 3519 leg 1005 .

She had found what she needed and proceeded to sneak back to the door that lead back to the main room. she put her ear to the door listening intently for any sounds coming from beyond it.

Nothing.

She slowly opened the door just wide enough to see through and peered out. Nothing.

She crept forward making sure no one would catch her until she reached the doorway leading back to the main room. She carefully placed both hooves against the wall next to the door, pressing lightly on each foot.

Then, taking a few steps backwards she pressed harder and stepped forwards until she pushed off the ground entirely. With a little push she propelled herself along the floor, going behind the same boxes that blocked the view from before. she saw the exit before her, and saw that it was not open as before


She sighed heavily and began to contemplate her options. She couldn't go back the way she came since the door was still closed. And she certainly didn't want to take the chance of being seen by anyone. She peeked from the right side of the boxes to see that the front desk was no longer occupied by the mare that sat there. perhaps she was on her way to Ditsy Doo? Haven thought to herself. If that was the case she need not to worry as there was nobody in the room to see her.
So with a smile in content she waltzed right over to the door and pulled the door...

Then pulled the handle...

And then gripped the handle!!!

But it was no use. The door was locked.

She frowned slightly and tried to push while gripping the door. Again it would not budge. This door was locked from the outside. She looked for a latch, something that locked from the outside. But there was nothing. It appeared that this particular office had no such thing.

"Do ponies even care about fire code on this island?" she asked herself aloud.

Her eyes shifted around the room looking for anything that might give her leverage to force the lock. There was none, and she realized there may never be any way out... a creeping tingle came from her larynx moving closer to panic mode now. she looked at the window nearest to where she stood and noticed that it was covered by some sort of glass panel. she could open the window and jump out onto the balcony, but she feared that doing so would make noise. So instead she walked to the other windows pointed towards the hallway where she believed the front doors to be located.

A quick glance showed her that those windows too had glass panels covering them. she unlocked the top row of windows and squeezed through the small gap between two of them. she was free! but now there was a hole in the window, so who ever was away would soon find it and alert the guards. she gathered haste and stealthy trotted to the location of Luna and Celestia.

Author's Note:

I hate stealthy missions, I always fail.